Is this the fastest goal ever?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should not have counted, the ball has to move backwards before being kicked forwards.

Dont know if any have been scored like that in the professional leagues, but i would say probably not anytime recently.

Count Orduck

It's not legal, is it? You have to pass the ball to a teammate from kick-off.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I asked was it allowed and you replied not true. so it's not a goal and therefore not the fastest.

edit, just saw your edit. can't be legal, surely?

RK

It's legal. The ball only has to move forwards from kick off, and not be touched by the initial kicker twice in a row.

Obviously most teams wouldn't try the shot, hence the convention of passing to a team-mate.

RK

This is all that is mentioned regarding the procedure in FIFA's Laws of the Game:

Procedure
• all players must be in their own half of the field of play
• the opponents of the team taking the kick-off are at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play
• the ball must be stationary on the centre mark
• the referee gives a signal
• the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward
• the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player

I'm always right

Well every form of 11 a side football ive played its been like that, and you dont see premier league games people just running up and smashing the ball at goal, its always passed from kick off?
show me the rule.
I don't need to show you anything, just trust me.

The reason Premier League teams don't do it is because it's high risk, gives away possession and will most probably result in a goal once in 100 attempts, if that.

MUFC1902

Just looking up on Wikipedia the fastest ever goals scored, and apparently the fastest is 2 seconds by Nawaf al Abed in the Saudi league. However it has this note - "This match was later declared void as ineligible players had been fielded. As such the status of this goal as the fastest ever has been disputed."