is this the greatest goal ever disallowed?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'll put forward this sublime effort from Hristo Stoichkov against Spain at Euro 96 for consideration:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
:confused: That one was allowed, unless you're on about a different great Stephen Carr goal against us, which would seem unlikely
I assume he ment Pedro Mendes, when Carroll fecked up, which wasn't a great goal but more a great mistake.

Crustanoid

Funny because it was Keegan though

Even funnier because it was against United

Feedingseagulls

One of the disallowed goals that annoyed me the most was Best v Banks when he took the ball as Banks tossed it to kick. At that stage they hedn't 'clarified' the law to make it illegal either.

kietotheworld

This one was brilliant and nothing wrong with it.
This was the one I thought of when I saw the thread, difficult to say either way whether it should have been allowed. Nani does look marginally offside but I'm not sure whether he gets a head to the ball before it crosses the line.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I can't see the vids at work. :(

Has anyone posted the Ronaldo goal (for Portugal), where Nani f'd him off no end :lol: ?

Maybe not the greatest ever, but Ron's fury at Nani is priceless :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Still can't believe Nani did that!
That is crazy and pointless from Nani. What to head the ball 1 yards in front of the empty net. Any decent footballer would know the ball would go in anyway.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When Nani headed the ball I think it already crossed the line.It should have stood but it was still extremely stupid from him to touch it

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was idiotic on Nani's part but wasn't the defender that Ronaldo left on his arse playing him onside anyway?
I don't think so but it's impossible to tell. Nani's not on screen when the ball is played. There's another Portugese player in the 6 yard box who is onside but it looks as though Nani might be another yard or two closer to the byline (albeit out of shot).