Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I really like his style of play and talent - baller with classy touch, playmaker with nice passing and creativity to orchestrate play. At his level (youth football), he is like a Scholes or Modric. So much elegance in his play.

But I know it is going to be huge challenge jumping from youth to PL level. As he is obviously lacking physicality required in top level. But then Modric and Scholes is never huge either, they have their own way to dominate midfield play with their classy touch and passing. I reckon (hope) Hansen-Aaroen can do the same too.

lysglimt

Scout
You forgot Nypan.

I don’t see a route for IHA into the team unless he develops into a complete midfielder. Ødegaard and Aursnes have the two advanced mid spots locked for many years to come. He doesn’t have the qualities to challenge the front 3.

I’d love to see this for the WC qualifiers:

Mannsverk
Aursnes - Ødegaard
Bobb - Haaland - Nusa​
I thought about him - but left him out because he is so young. But yes - I could have included Jensen Wassberg as well

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yup we have a decent set of talented midfielders there. The only thing I would say after supporting United for 30+ years is that we often have a bunch of youngsters who look like they have a good chance of making it but ultimately very few make the step up. If even one of those players goes on to be a first teamer long term that would be a big win. That's even considering that I still believe our midfield options lack depth.
Very true, but this is by far the best set of youth midfielders I’ve seen at the club in years. I’d be stunned if at least 2 didn’t see significant game time at United.

Red Rash

Very true, but this is by far the best set of youth midfielders I’ve seen at the club in years. I’d be stunned if at least 2 didn’t see significant game time at United.
Which two do you think have the best chance? I'd say Mainoo is probably the most likely but the next most likely is pretty difficult to judge.

Bojan Djordjic

Nah replacing Bruno, he’s close to his demise in 12 months when he hits the big 30 Caf end of career age.
Some people are so thick on here sometimes.. Nobody thinks a player turns shit on the day of their 30th birthday. People have issues with buying 30 year old players when trying to build a league winning side and its going to be a multi-year project. You have to replace them very shortly after buying them because most players are post peak in their 30s and they have no resale value to help you replace them. Not that hard to understand is it??

hungryhippo

You forgot Nypan.

I don’t see a route for IHA into the team unless he develops into a complete midfielder. Ødegaard and Aursnes have the two advanced mid spots locked for many years to come. He doesn’t have the qualities to challenge the front 3.

I’d love to see this for the WC qualifiers:

Mannsverk
Aursnes - Ødegaard
Bobb - Haaland - Nusa​
With the right trajectory, IHA can challenge Aursnes pretty soon. We can use Aursnes at LB where he (currently) plays in Benfica and support IHA in the all-round game, Zinchenko role. If so, Ødegaard will also have to take slightly more defensive responsibility.

IHA is just about growing into an adult player. He brings weapons that Aursnes for all his allround proficiency just does not have. He will also help control the flow of the game in possession, which is a point where "we" (Norway) need to improve.

It will be tough to break through at United due to the required physicality and level of play, but I am pretty sure he will soon be ready to do well in the dutch, portuguese probably even spanish league. Will probably go under the radar until a loan/permanent move, unless he completely bosses U21 NT level.

Nusa - Haaland - Bobb

IHA - Berg (or Mannsverk) - Ødegaard

Aursnes x - x- x-

Borninthe80ts

That's correct, Norway set up without a centre forward. Did well in a free attacking role. Will be interesting to see if he gets to play in that role against the stronger opposition in the group.
I appreciate the update. Thought it was strange but the freedom as u say may benefit him. Think he has the composure to finish too. It’s an interesting time for your national team for sure.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Which two do you think have the best chance? I'd say Mainoo is probably the most likely but the next most likely is pretty difficult to judge.
I don't know, depends on chances but I think if given gametime Gore and Mejbri are capable of staking a claim.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
With bleached hair and tattoos covering his entire body, the boy from Tromsø already looks like a football star.

"I have a dad with a few tattoos. I've always liked them," says Hansen-Aarøen to VG.

He told his mom and dad early on that he would get tattoos as soon as he was old enough. He got his first one at 16.

"When I started, there was no turning back. I don't think too much about it. It's just a part of my skin now," he says.

The 19-year-old laughs in affirmation when asked if it must have taken a long time and hurt quite a bit.

"The most painful one was under my arm here. I took an early flight and hadn't eaten much, so I think my body was just really exhausted," he says in a thick northern Norwegian dialect.

PAINFUL: Isak Hansen-Aarøen shows where he got his most painful tattoo.
Photo: Frode Hansen / VG
He shows off tattoos representing all those close to him. For a family-oriented 16-year-old, moving alone to another country, especially in the middle of a pandemic, can be challenging.

"You learn a lot from moving. I've learned a lot as a person. I've lived alone and away from my family. You learn a lot about yourself. Many in the national team have done it. I feel we're a pretty mature group," he says.

Hansen-Aarøen has settled in well. He mentions he "speaks, thinks, and dreams in English."

"My life now is totally different. England feels almost like home now. I've settled in very well in England."

In his free time, he hangs out with teammates and friends Oscar Bobb (Manchester City) and Leo Fuhr Hjelde (Leeds).

"I'm very fond of him. He's one of my best friends now and he's going to be an incredible footballer," Bobb tells VG.

Hansen-Aarøen says that Hjelde has introduced him to the world of golf. He believes it's important to have something other than football to rely on.

When he was younger, he mostly played football. He spent most of his time at Alfheim, which was right by where he lived.

"I wasn't that good at school, but everything clicked for me with football. I've always loved playing football. From a young age, United came calling, so I never had the chance to think about making a living from football before it happened," says Hansen-Aarøen.

While teammates like Antonio Nusa and Kristian Arnstad were keen on taking the right steps, both Bobb and Hansen-Aarøen moved early to Manchester.

"One path is right for some and could be totally wrong for others. I think you just have to sit down and figure out what's right for you, as everyone's answers vary."

PROMISING: Isak Hansen-Aarøen and Oscar Bobb together during A-national team training.
He draws inspiration from his peer Alejandro Garnacho (19), who has broken through to Manchester United's first team.

"Absolutely. When the opportunity comes, you have to be ready. It could come out of nowhere. What I'm doing now is just making sure I'm ready when it does."

"Has there been talk of a loan?"

"There were some discussions, but I don't want to say much about it. There were some issues, but we didn't fully agree."

"Can you share some details?"

"You'll find out in a few months."

"Could it happen again?"

"Eh, maybe."

"Are we talking about the Championship or other countries?"

"There's a lot of interest. If we wanted a loan, I know we could have gone for it."

"Who put their foot down?"

"There were some issues we just couldn't agree on."

MEDIA TRAINED: Isak Hansen-Aarøen clearly has media training and doesn't want to reveal many details from the club's side.
Hansen-Aarøen has impressed on Manchester United's U23 team and received praise from manager Erik ten Hag after showcasing his skills in a friendly against Leeds at Ullevaal this summer.

The 19-year-old, however, emphasizes that playing senior football is "very important and a step I definitely want to take very soon."

"I'm lucky that I don't feel much pressure with football. When I play, I just do my thing. I'm more stressed if I have to give a speech, but on the football pitch, I just enjoy myself."

"So, if you had to choose between giving a speech in front of 20 people or playing football in front of 75,000?"

"75,000. Easily," he says, explaining:

"If there's one thing I know I'm good at, it's football, so I just go out there and enjoy myself."

CLOSE TIES: Isak Hansen-Aarøen receives instructions from Erik ten Hag. The young player mentions there are very close ties between the A-team and the U23 team, and there's a consistent approach in everything the club does.
Photo: Dave Thompson / Pa Photos / NTB
Even at Manchester United, he's been taken out of his comfort zone. On his first trip to Spain, as is tradition, he had to sing in front of the entire team, including first-team players and coaches.

"It was absolutely terrible," he says with a smile.

"Which song did you choose?"

"I don't want to think about it. I have a clip of me singing, and I've never watched it. Someone from the club sent it to me, but I've never seen it," he laughs.

Norway's U21 national team plays a European Championship qualifying match against Latvia on Tuesday. San Marino was an easy match for Norway. The team won 7-0, and Hansen-Aarøen was on the scoresheet.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/0...isak-hansen-aaroeen-hinter-om-utlaan-i-januar

Interview in VG. Biggest newspaper in Norway.

RPT_Reddevil

Have improved massively over the last 12 months. Would be interesting to see how is he being integrated with the first team, as he is now constantly knocking on the door. Maybe a few cup games but personally I would prefer a good loan move for him where he plays day in day out at a competitive level.

Based Adnan

Was playing first team football in Norway in 2020 when we signed him. 3 years of u21s since and now set to leave on a free without a minute of professional football to his name during his time here.

No idea why we couldn't find a loan move or something for him. Seems a complete waste of time for his development to be playing underage football for so long.

Gordon S

Would be absolute nuts to give this guy away! Surely a loan move must be on the cards in january?
On top of that, we can`t even assemble a decent central midfield for our first team to save our lives. We could introduce him to first team football here as well.

pascell

Would be absolute nuts to give this guy away! Surely a loan move must be on the cards in january?
On top of that, we can`t even assemble a decent central midfield for our first team to save our lives. We could introduce him to first team football here as well.
His contract runs out next summer

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Would be real shame if he moves for free. He easily is my favourite player from academy, after Mainoo. I see Scholes/Modric in him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
All stemming from this tweet, would be very surprised if there’s anything in it

It’s not remotely stemming from that. It’s from Isak’s own mouth that there are disagreements with the club regarding his future and he wants to play first team football.

His personal coach who he spends all his breaks with in Norway has point blank said he’s advising him to leave and find a new club.

It’s stems from Isak and his team’s mouth, not a random tweet.

Oranges038

Was playing first team football in Norway in 2020 when we signed him. 3 years of u21s since and now set to leave on a free without a minute of professional football to his name during his time here.

No idea why we couldn't find a loan move or something for him. Seems a complete waste of time for his development to be playing underage football for so long.
Odegaard was also playing pro football at 15 and looked much more talented at that age, he left and only played about 10 games for Real's first team. It's taken him 7/8 years of bouncing around with loans in different leagues and teams to really step it up and make a splash at Arsenal.

Not many players are good enough at 19 to play first team football in midfield in the PL. This kid looks talented, there really is only one way to see if he's good enough and that is to give him a chance. If he's not good enough yet, then loan him out and have a proper development plan in place for him to come back in a year or two and try again.

Ekeke

I have rarely felt he had enough end product for an attacking player. When he first came I thought he was going to be a Scholes like technical central midfielder but he was used wide. When used wide I would commonly be bemused with his passing. Anyway last time I watched him I was a lot more impressed with him looking more dangerous. But I still doubt he'd make it here. Leaving on a free would be bad business as he's obviously worth something and has a good chance to make it somewhere else and ending up a good premier league or championship player. But with his contract expiring he may not want to sign a new one and be sold on eventually.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He needs loans. If he’s not going to sign a new contract here he’ll inevitably get a decent deal somewhere else. It’s all about if he backs himself to get into our first team during his next deal. I would imagine he’s some way off currently despite our issues at first team. If we sign two or 3 players over the next year or two then that is surely his path blocked. Same issue as Hannibal. Say what you like about loans, these lads need to be playing pro football at their current level or they will leave to where they can like Gomez and Pogba.

Based Adnan

Odegaard was also playing pro football at 15 and looked much more talented at that age, he left and only played about 10 games for Real's first team. It's taken him 7/8 years of bouncing around with loans in different leagues and teams to really step it up and make a splash at Arsenal.

Not many players are good enough at 19 to play first team football in midfield in the PL. This kid looks talented, there really is only one way to see if he's good enough and that is to give him a chance. If he's not good enough yet, then loan him out and have a proper development plan in place for him to come back in a year or two and try again.
I think we're in agreement. I'm not saying he should have been loaned to a PL club. But it's hard to argue that coming here and playing in the underages for 3 years was better for his development when he was playing senior football 3 years ago and hasn't played a single minute since. We've not really had a proper development plan for him at all. He should have been loaned out to lower leagues a season or 2 ago.

Oranges038

I think we're in agreement. I'm not saying he should have been loaned to a PL club. But it's hard to argue that coming here and playing in the underages for 3 years was better for his development when he was playing senior football 3 years ago and hasn't played a single minute since. We've not really had a proper development plan for him at all. He should have been loaned out to lower leagues a season or 2 ago.
Yeah, it should have happened seeing as he had already made his adult debut. It must be hard as a player to go from that back to playing underage again. Definitely would stunt the development.

That's what Real did with Odegaard. He was at Castilla, Heerenveen, Vitess and Sociedad. By the time he was 21 he had 5 full seasons of adult football played. He probably could have stayed there but for the fact they were already well stocked in midfield.

There really doesn't seem to be any plan to help develop these payers into adult football, don't think the club really has any kind of tie in with another club but back when the link with Antwerp was there, it was a great place to send players to develop.

Thiagoal

IHA is a player with a massive ceiling in my opinion and one that should be far closer to the first team than he is. I’ve been really impressed with his play recently and I think will go on to be a top, top player. Don’t blame him for wanting to leave though as he’s not getting a sniff even with our major injury issues. He’s been very poorly managed and should definitely be on loan somewhere now if we have no intention to play him!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It’s not remotely stemming from that. It’s from Isak’s own mouth that there are disagreements with the club regarding his future and he wants to play first team football.

His personal coach who he spends all his breaks with in Norway has point blank said he’s advising him to leave and find a new club.

Is there video of this?

Gordon S

Completely understand their view on this. Kid could be playing mens football week in week out somewhere right now. Hopefully we can find a solution that works for both sides

Macern

Pee pee pants
I’d be devastated if he leaves. We’re from the same town, a small town with 70k people in the far north of Norway. Surreal that someone from Tromsø is playing for Man Utd. Fingers crossed he stays and makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.