Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I can't help but getting Mats M Dæhlie-vibes from him. Just a bit too slow, and too small to make it ... but showing lots of qualities with the ball at his feet.
Could he develop to a Modric type player?

lysglimt

Scout
Could he develop to a Modric type player?
Hard to say, I always thought Modric was good at Spurs, but I never thought he was anywhere near the level he reached at Real Madrid. So either he was too smart for the other Spurs-players, or he took his game to a new level after joining Real (or a mix of the 2). He could be that kind of player - but I am yet to see enough to convince me that he will make it here.

Bojan Djordjic

Hard to say, I always thought Modric was good at Spurs, but I never thought he was anywhere near the level he reached at Real Madrid. So either he was too smart for the other Spurs-players, or he took his game to a new level after joining Real (or a mix of the 2). He could be that kind of player - but I am yet to see enough to convince me that he will make it here.
He’s still only 18 though even though he seems to be around for a good while. Has a lovely style of play and he can work on fitness and strength in the future to help him with his consistency.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Played in all 6 matches with Norway who qualified to the U19 Euros this summer. During this break they beat Romania, France and N.Ireland. IHA scored and assisted vs Romania and assisted the late winner against France (as a captain). Played full 90 in both, came on for injury time today against N.Ireland.

Norway have some highly talented players in the age group but beating France and leaving them out of the finals is pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You could definitely see Modric starting his path the player he would eventually become at Madrid while he was still at Spurs. Basically became more and more obvious as soon as he was switched from wide right to a more central position.

Eriku

You could definitely see Modric starting his path the player he would eventually become at Madrid while he was still at Spurs. Basically became more and more obvious as soon as he was switched from wide right to a more central position.
He showed his ability to control play from CM at Croatia at Euro 2008. Spurs bought him that year, but utilized him as an LW, if I recall correctly. Still, I was blown away with what he became at Real Madrid. It’s also worth remembering that Marca had him down as the worst signing of the season when he first arrived :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He showed his ability to control play from CM at Croatia at Euro 2008. Spurs bought him that year, but utilized him as an LW, if I recall correctly. Still, I was blown away with what he became at Real Madrid. It’s also worth remembering that Marca had him down as the worst signing of the season when he first arrived :lol:
Actually, maybe I got that wrong and he was played wide left? Either way he was class in a central role during his final season with Spuds.

Ekeke

Well thats because he came in and they used him as the AM linking up with the attack. And what he actually became was more like his partner in midfield, Alonso who did defensive duty as well as being good on the ball. So once Madrid accepted that failed idea, which was likely given Modric never had much end product and he was used and started to improve in a role with more defensive responsibility, thats when it all changed for him in Spain.

Eriku

Well thats because he came in and they used him as the AM linking up with the attack. And what he actually became was more like his partner in midfield, Alonso who did defensive duty as well as being good on the ball. So once Madrid accepted that failed idea, which was likely given Modric never had much end product and he was used and started to improve in a role with more defensive responsibility, thats when it all changed for him in Spain.
Good summary. I just find it amusing in light of how world class he’s been for so long now :)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Got excited to see a few posts in here as he is a youth prospect I follow. Instead it’s a discussion about Modric.

lysglimt

Scout
Stuff like this irritates me. It's much better for a young player to take part in something like this than for him to maybe get 30 mins in s preseason friendly

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Stuff like this irritates me. It's much better for a young player to take part in something like this than for him to maybe get 30 mins in s preseason friendly
Agreed, especially this summer as we’ll have a full squad from the start of the pre-season with no major international tournaments on the schedule.

He’ll probably start the Wrexham game and possibly get some additional minutes in some of the other ones.

Of course training with the first team in pre-season is has its upsides, especially for the physical part, but playing against the best of his age group from around Europe would surely be more more beneficial.

Last edited:

Baxquux

Agreed, especially this summer as we’ll have a full squad from the start of the pre-season with no major international tournaments on the schedule.
Maybe a chance to see him perform more regularly alongside senior players, get some consistent 1st team coaching for a few weeks at least, and then loan (maybe Sunderland or Boro, if ETH thinks he has the capacity to deal with Championship level football at this stage in development).

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I’m not sure I agree. He has played plenty of youth football. Training next to senior players, and with the expectations and demands of Man Utds senior team will be of high value. Possibly once in a life time summer for him.

Gungerz

For most tournaments I'd agree but the U19 Euros is very low quality, especially this year.

pascell

I’m not sure I agree. He has played plenty of youth football. Training next to senior players, and with the expectations and demands of Man Utds senior team will be of high value. Possibly once in a life time summer for him.
I agree, could force his way into the squad this summer. He's played a few games of u23 football too so u19s will not benefit him anymore at this stage.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I agree, could force his way into the squad this summer. He's played a few games of u23 football too so u19s will not benefit him anymore at this stage.
I really dont think he will, but I do think it will be a valuable experience for him.

lysglimt

Scout
Thus could in theory be the only major tournament he will ever play with Norway. We are not like England where we qualify for all tournaments. There is no way playing a tournament isn't good for a young player

izec

He should play the tournament and get used to tournament football. Benefits everyone. He can always train with Uniteds first team.

jesperjaap

Actually, maybe I got that wrong and he was played wide left? Either way he was class in a central role during his final season with Spuds.
Funny thing is remember was a lot of debate of whether we should sign him or not at the time

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Iceland is playing there for the first time and will be without their 2 best players for the same reasons. Ajax and FCK in those cases, especially strange in the case of FCK because there are very strong rumors that they're selling to Lille.

Real_Knut

As a Norwegian, I wish he would take part in the U19s. I think it would be a very positive experience for him, which could cause inspiration and personal growth for the season to come. However, I also think I understand why United have refused to release him for it. Pre-season training and friendlies will be where they make an assessment what the plan will be for him next season. Should he go on loan or be in and/or around the first team? That decision is also important for his development and making that decision will be easier if he is there for all of pre-season.

Surely, it's possible to see both sides of the argument here?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t know. If he shines at the tournament surely that’ll earn him a better loan and more credit in the bank within the National setup? Probably much more football too. I wonder what they are thinking? He’s not going to play much for the first team but you would imagine he’ll be playing for the second string in their friendlies quite regularly…

zaafi

As a Norwegian, I wish he would take part in the U19s. I think it would be a very positive experience for him, which could cause inspiration and personal growth for the season to come. However, I also think I understand why United have refused to release him for it. Pre-season training and friendlies will be where they make an assessment what the plan will be for him next season. Should he go on loan or be in and/or around the first team? That decision is also important for his development and making that decision will be easier if he is there for all of pre-season.

We know what the plan is already. He'll impress in the pre-season to the point everyone wants him to play a bit in the first team, but Ten Hag, as with Iqbal and Mainoo, will have him train with the first team and get 3 or 4 games where he will be sat on the bench, but not actually get any minutes despite us winning 6-0 to Luton Town and the manager will instead bring on McTominay or any other player who clearly have no future here.
This will continue for years and ruin his development and eventually he will end up in Peterborough United.

Is this optimistic enough?

We need an rvn

You're spot on. I'm absolutely sure Norway and Isak are disappointed, but United are making the right decision with the player and club in mind.

If the plan is for him to have a rest and get himself ready for the pre-season, during which he'll take part so they can assess what's best for him next season (whether it be integration into the first team / reserves or go on loan), then so be it.

Bondi77

I thought one of the reasons we brought Erik in was because of his reputation for bringing on young players and he is being criticised for doing that?
How bizarre.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's 18 is he not? How much is a U19 tournament going to benefit him? Play some games with the senior team against fellow pros.

justsomebloke

Iceland is playing there for the first time and will be without their 2 best players for the same reasons. Ajax and FCK in those cases, especially strange in the case of FCK because there are very strong rumors that they're selling to Lille.
The opposite of strange surely, if that is the case? They won't want to risk an injury, will they.

zaafi

I thought one of the reasons we brought Erik in was because of his reputation for bringing on young players and he is being criticised for doing that?
How bizarre.
Other than Garnacho, who every single manager would be playing regularly, who else plays?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Other than Garnacho, who every single manager would be playing regularly, who else plays?
Other than Garnacho, who deserves to play? I’ll give you a hint, it’s no one.

Every manager doesn’t pull 18 year olds up completely bypassing u21s anyway so that’s nonsense.

pascell

I don’t know. If he shines at the tournament surely that’ll earn him a better loan and more credit in the bank within the National setup? Probably much more football too. I wonder what they are thinking? He’s not going to play much for the first team but you would imagine he’ll be playing for the second string in their friendlies quite regularly…
Standing out in pre season against grown men would earn him a better loan than showing up against players in his own age group (which he's expected to do given we should be signing youth players who stand out in their age groups).

Real_Knut

Every manager doesn’t pull 18 year olds up completely bypassing u21s anyway so that’s nonsense.
The exception being van Gaal, who seemed to think McNair, Love, Borthwick-Jackson and Blackett were good enough...
Moyes, Mourinho, Solskjær, and now Ten Hag, had that same criticism thrown at them but it's hard to name a single player who should have got a chance but didn't.

For what it's worth, I think Mainoo is being handled quite well. He has had a few short cameos in the first time to get a feel for the level and see how he responds. Now for next year.

Lentwood

Even training with United's first team will be immeasurably tougher than playing u19s matches. At least half of those lads won't ever play in a top league, whereas on the pre-season tour he will get a taste of training with the likes of Casemiro, Martinez, Varane, Rashford, Anthony etc....plus experience of how the first team prepare physically, mentally and tactically for matches. It will be a great learning experience.

lysglimt

Scout
Norway have now lost our 3 best players that I know of....stupid

zaafi

I think you misunderstood my point.

It doesn't matter how well they do in the pre-season, because they're not going to play for us either way. They will be loaned out or continue to play with the youth teams with the occasional bench appearance.

For what it's worth, I think both Iqbal and Mainoo deserve some game time. They're both exceptionally skilled and could be used in certain matches, especially when we're leading comfortably, instead of putting McTominay on.

lysglimt

Scout
Even training with United's first team will be immeasurably tougher than playing u19s matches. At least half of those lads won't ever play in a top league, whereas on the pre-season tour he will get a taste of training with the likes of Casemiro, Martinez, Varane, Rashford, Anthony etc....plus experience of how the first team prepare physically, mentally and tactically for matches. It will be a great learning experience.
If you believe this, answer me one question. How many players do Barca have in the Euros?

Status
Not open for further replies.