Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

Lentwood

If you believe this, answer me one question. How many players do Barca have in the Euros?
I don't know or care. If your opinion is that it's better for the lad to go to the u19s tournament then fine, it's not a hill I am going to die on.

What I will say is that I have ETH on my side of the argument, so there is that....

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/u19-em-qualifikation/marktwerte/pokalwettbewerb/U19Q

I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I only counted 3. The only Utd player listed was Mainoo, but I'm fairly sure Omari Forson was also called up. Might have missed him, or that's just the most well known/valuable players there.

Juventus seemed to have the most players there, from the crests I recognised.
It's 8.

https://rfef.es/es/noticias/oficial-convocatoria-para-el-europeo-malta-2023

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/u19-em-qualifikation/marktwerte/pokalwettbewerb/U19Q

I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I only counted 3. The only Utd player listed was Mainoo, but I'm fairly sure Omari Forson was also called up. Might have missed him, or that's just the most well known/valuable players there.

Juventus seemed to have the most players there, from the crests I recognised.
Thanks for that, it’s really interesting, I’m surprised we don’t seem to have anyone there.

Bondi77

Other than Garnacho, who every single manager would be playing regularly, who else plays?
I really do not know what your point is.
Erik has just finished his first season and against general expectation he has won a trophy and secured Chmps League football and I am sure that in that time he has had a good look at the youth players and our players on loan and I will surprised if we do not see some promotion regarding those players.
He is not going to play young players just for the sake of it in his first season when so much was at stake unless the player really shows him something.

zaafi

I really do not know what your point is.
Erik has just finished his first season and against general expectation he has won a trophy and secured Chmps League football and I am sure that in that time he has had a good look at the youth players and our players on loan and I will surprised if we do not see some promotion regarding those players.
He is not going to play young players just for the sake of it in his first season when so much was at stake unless the player really shows him something.
This is not what you said in the other post though. You said he played young players and that he got criticised for this, which you found bizarre.

My point is that he hasn't really played them. I'm not saying he should play them for the sake of it, but even Garnacho should have played more than he has. Ten Hag is certainly no LvG when it comes to playing young players, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that what you said isn't right.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
On a side note, I'm pretty sure that at Ajax ETH was criticized by fans for not playing young players and relying heavily on the experienced ones.

Bondi77

This is not what you said in the other post though. You said he played young players and that he got criticised for this, which you found bizarre.

My point is that he hasn't really played them. I'm not saying he should play them for the sake of it, but even Garnacho should have played more than he has. Ten Hag is certainly no LvG when it comes to playing young players, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that what you said isn't right.
No it is not!
I am referring to the report that Isak is not going to the tournament but will be given an opportunity by Erik instead.

lysglimt

Scout
I don't know or care. If your opinion is that it's better for the lad to go to the u19s tournament then fine, it's not a hill I am going to die on.

What I will say is that I have ETH on my side of the argument, so there is that....
It's not what I think, it's what the players think. The Norwegian coach said several of his players video called him with tears in their eyes because they wanted to play.

lysglimt

Scout
Poor him - Norway are 5-0 up against Greece after 44 minutes

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Norway U19 manager Luis Pimenta:

- The dialogue [between the Norwegian FA and United] has been very good. Initially Isak agreed to join [the U19 Euro squad]. Afterwards, the plans changed as United chose to reverse that decision. We accept that of course. Those are the regulations.

- Isak has been fantastic [with us]. He has performed very well for us and gained confidence. He has had a very nice development and has a huge career ahead of him - if no major injuries occur.

- It is about the capacity to read the game, the capacity to control the momentum and the rhythm of the game. When does the team need the rhythm to go up, when does the team need the rhythm to go down?

- He has the intuition to read what is happening around him and not just his tasks. He has an understanding of the whole picture which is very good. And when that ability and understanding is so good at this age, of course we can expect a lot when he is 25.

- He is a very good person and leader and is someone who gives security to the group. He has a lot of self-confidence, but he is good at reading what the group needs and when they need it. He has a good "emotional intelligence" and is a confident leader who can stand up during the break and say that "we will solve this", "we will do it this way in the second half". He provides security and it is very important to have leaders like that.

Last edited:

Big Andy

Bloke
It's not what I think, it's what the players think. The Norwegian coach said several of his players video called him with tears in their eyes because they wanted to play.
What a bunch of wet bastards.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could've played a Euro semi final for his country, instead he'll be warming the bench in a pre season game on a rainy day in Oslo.

Big Andy

Bloke
Could've played a Euro semi final for his country, instead he'll be warming the bench in a pre season game on a rainy day in Oslo.
At that age I don’t know why they don’t let them go. Surely more benefit to playing competitive games

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At that age I don’t know why they don’t let them go. Surely more benefit to playing competitive games
Isn't that the point though? How competitive is an u19s game when he's training with the men's team and playing in the reserves? I personally don't see the big deal on this one, we rate him higher than that level, so he shouldn't be playing there.

If it was the u21 tournament then fine, as that included a lot of 23 year olds.

Big Andy

Bloke
Isn't that the point though? How competitive is an u19s game when he's training with the men's team and playing in the reserves? I personally don't see the big deal on this one, we rate him higher than that level, so he shouldn't be playing there.

If it was the u21 tournament then fine, as that included a lot of 23 year olds.
I thought it was :lol:

criticalanalysis

Looks silky. I like it.

Man it was be so good if one of Mainoo, Mejbri, Hansen and/or Gore made it to the first team and became a world class fixture for us. We've been badly missing a 'proper' centre midfielder.

Kramer

His playing style reminds me of Iniesta for some reason.

Not saying he’ll become anywhere near as good.

But he’s another one with some serious potential. Will be exciting to monitor his development.

Gordon S

Apart from him gliding around the pitch like a young Modric, the standout in this clip is the finishing. Feels like the goal could have been twice the size without us scoring.

Thiagoal

I was very impressed with him last night. As some others have said, more than a passing resemblance of a young Modric!

I would have thought that he needs a loan now to take his development to the next level- hopefully in the championship but he’s the type of player our first team is crying out for press resistant and can progress the ball through the pitch with his dribbling!

Glorio

I was very impressed with him last night. As some others have said, more than a passing resemblance of a young Modric!

I would have thought that he needs a loan now to take his development to the next level- hopefully in the championship but he’s the type of player our first team is crying out for press resistant and can progress the ball through the pitch with his dribbling!
Would be interested to see how a Mainoo, Hansen-Aarøen, Hannibal midfield would look. Hopefully in a league cup game.
It's very interesting because we seem to have loads of that type of player (ball carriers) in our U-21 teams over the last couple of years or so - Hannibal, Iqbal (wonder how he's doing in the Netherlands), IHA, Mainoo, even Gore, seem to be a lot more comfortable on the ball dribbling and carrying the ball than any of the first team midfield (not saying they're better players mind).
Seems like a conscious choice, so one wonders why that hasn't really translated to the seniors.

Interestingly Mount is the one I think is the best dribbler of our current senior set, even if he hasn't shown it yet.

spenzo

I actually think he has the highest ceiling of the young midfielders that we have, although no doubt Mainoo and Hannibal are ahead of the curve currently. Surely can’t just let him spend another season just in the 21s whilst his contract runs down.

KevinJoh

It's very interesting because we seem to have loads of that type of player (ball carriers) in our U-21 teams over the last couple of years or so - Hannibal, Iqbal (wonder how he's doing in the Netherlands), IHA, Mainoo, even Gore, seem to be a lot more comfortable on the ball dribbling and carrying the ball than any of the first team midfield (not saying they're better players mind).
Seems like a conscious choice, so one wonders why that hasn't really translated to the seniors.

Interestingly Mount is the one I think is the best dribbler of our current senior set, even if he hasn't shown it yet.
Iqbal is probably injured as he is not even in the squad, and had just 20 minutes or so in preseason. It is not going OK for him at the moment. Hardley did not even get preseason minutes.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Iqbal is probably injured as he is not even in the squad, and had just 20 minutes or so in preseason. It is not going OK for him at the moment. Hardley did not even get preseason minutes.
Yeah he's in the Jong Utrecht squad.

Ekeke

Thought it was his best game at that level for a long time. Showed some acceleration as well as his dribbling

izec

He has the midas touch, just a very classy midfielder. He needs to play senior games. Loan him out.

NotQuiteManc

Always looks like a classy player to me, but needs to be loaned out or sale with buyback clauses or similar if game time is very limited this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.