Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

Having watched a lot of United's youth teams over the last 20 years the only players potential that I’ve got wildly wrong were Will Keane and James Wilson (you could argue injuries cost them) Players like Greenwood, Mainoo I’ve touted since they were young teenagers playing for U16’s. The reason I’ve bored you with this is that I really feel IHA will be playing world class football in the next five years. Daeli was always too weak and never going to make it at the top level.

TheReligion

Abusive
Having watched a lot of United's youth teams over the last 20 years the only players potential that I’ve got wildly wrong were Will Keane and James Wilson (you could argue injuries cost them) Players like Greenwood, Mainoo I’ve touted since they were young teenagers playing for U16’s. The reason I’ve bored you with this is that I really feel IHA will be playing world class football in the next five years. Daeli was always too weak and never going to make it at the top level.
Do you not think IHA is another that struggles physically though and and such can drift out of games?

Technically a really good prospect but with Mainoo, Gore, Jack Fletcher (Fitzgerald is also rated highly by some) I’m not sure there’s a pathway for him anyway here?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Same as how last summer Redcafe and Twitter went into a frenzy because Iqbal was sold for just 1 million. Iqbal was a super talent and going to become a world class player according to some. Somehow no better club than Utrecht came in and Iqbal hasnt even been playing much for Utrecht. It is just Manchester United fans on X and Redcafe who will overrate their own youth players. Those same people also dont want to accept that Manchester City just sells better or higher rated youth players and that is why Manchester City receive more money for their youth products.
I think Hansen is much better than Iqbal was, Iqbal did have talent but was nowhere near a standout and his ability was greatly exaggerated due to an admittedly impressive pre-season, whereas Hansen's definitely impressed me. Perhaps I'm overrating him a smidge but I think he's better than he's being given credit for in this thread. His end product has never been particularly impressive which is important in his position but I do think he carries the ball well and has good vision, I rate him. Maybe he won't be United level but I think he's got top flight potential, at least in my view.

City might have overall higher average quality in their system but we're definitely poor sellers, we've started improving a little in that area but City would've got minimum £20m each for Elanga and Garner, who were every bit as good as their City counterparts at youth level.

AltiUn

Do you not think IHA is another that struggles physically though and and such can drift out of games?

Technically a really good prospect but with Mainoo, Gore, Jack Fletcher (Fitzgerald is also rated highly by some) I’m not sure there’s a pathway for him anyway here?
He plays his best football further forward than them IMO.

TheReligion

Abusive
He plays his best football further forward than them IMO.
Yeah sorry, I was just listing the midfielders. Totally agree he is more a forward but kind of falls in that area of modern day football which is tricky to accommodate (in my opinion, if that makes sense).

Not sure he’s going to be ever good enough to make himself that guy in a top team.

AltiUn

Yeah sorry, I was just listing the midfielders. Totally agree he is more a forward but kind of falls in that area of modern day football which is tricky to accommodate (in my opinion, if that makes sense).

Not sure he’s going to be ever good enough to make himself that guy in a top team.
I'll definitely follow his career with interest, wherever he ends up, although I like to do that with most of our academy graduates in fairness.

NotThatSoph

Iqbal hasn't played that much for Utrecht because of injuries, and the frustration was by the fact that ETH blocked his loan but almost didn't use him at all, then sell him the year after. I think it's reasonable. Obviously there are some people that will overhype him, that happens to almost every player.

For Hansen, he was blocked from playing on U19s Euro just for a few min in one pre-season game, then was kept at the club somewhat after the summer despite 0 plan to integrate him to the seniors. I mean if you don't think he has it in him to play for United senior team at the first place, why even doing this? Just loan him out or even sell. This half-ass ambiguous stuff is what frustrated the players and people around him.

He has gone up at least one-two gear in his performances for the U21s this season, which more or less invalidate the (previously valid) claim that he didn't impact games enough. That makes things more annoying.

You might have your own opinion on the player's level and potential, but I don't think this is the right management regardless.

I rate him and hope he goes on to fulfill his potential. Maybe Ajax is a good club for him (no idea if the interest is real though). Always have zero expectation for him to make it at United either way, we just don't play with this type of player in the first team. No idea why even bothered to recruit him at the first place. Angel was a better talent and couldn't crack it here as well. It's not like Hansen even developed badly at the club.
This is what I struggle with understanding. I have no idea if he's going to become good, but even disregarding the rumours of quality clubs being interested the fact that United want to extend his contract shows that the club believes there could be something in him. Yet, he's going to leave on a free. He's going to leave on a free because he wants to play first team football in some capacity, and he's not going to get that chance at this club because he's not involved with the first team and he's not allowed to go on loan.

Does the club feel so strongly that a loan was the wrong decision for his career that they would rather lose a player they want to keep, or is this another situation where they're keeping him around against his will because of a miniscule chance he might be needed?

TheReligion

Abusive
This is what I struggle with understanding. I have no idea if he's going to become good, but even disregarding the rumours of quality clubs being interested the fact that United want to extend his contract shows that the club believes there could be something in him. Yet, he's going to leave on a free. He's going to leave on a free because he wants to play first team football in some capacity, and he's not going to get that chance at this club because he's not involved with the first team and he's not allowed to go on loan.

Does the club feel so strongly that a loan was the wrong decision for his career that they would rather lose a player they want to keep, or is this another situation where they're keeping him around against his will because of a miniscule chance he might be needed?
I suspect there’s been a dispute between the club and his agent.

‘Sign a new deal and you can go on loan’ with agent/player refusing.

Obviously the club don’t want him to go on loan a run his contract away if he’s no intention of resigning so perhaps its hardball from all parties which has played a part.

Bojan Djordjic

Yes - should have been more precise - yes the Norwegian U-something :) He has played really well for them. What I question about IHA is his pace - and I know there are a bunch of really skilled midfielders who aren't that quick, but they compensate that by having an insane footballing brain, overview and skills on the ball - and he isn't quite there. And with Mainoo and Gore - I just can't see him getting a lot of chances
My big concern is that even though he looks a cut above a lot of players in his age group, his presumable pathway into the team is as a back up 10 to Bruno and he just doesn't seem to have the raw productivity needed to nail down a regular back up role. Haven't really noticed him being a great goal getter at underage level where even Shoretire seems to score bundles and makes lots of assists. Given our struggles up top this season, it might be hard to justify the inclusion of someone who might compound this attacking impotence.

Having said all that, would still love to see him in a relatively strong team to see how he gels with others. Even a few 10/15min cameos would be nice.

Borninthe80ts

I think ISA is in a similar place to a lot of youth players in the under 21 in that they can pass through the under 18 and the first year of under 21 and struggle to make the leap to seniors. Like Shola they have played up in age groups and then getting regular first team minutes are difficult as they lack consistency in performances.

Some feel the club could have done better with loans and maybe they could but I genuinely believe most were kept and given contracts with the hope of them breaking into the squad this season. Now they have demanded inclusion like others this point this season I think we will see loans and sales. We seem to be more productive with this in that players looking to go/need opportunities can leave.

VDG17

I think Hansen is a late developer physically and he will realise his potential in the 22-24 age range, like Lingard did. The question is whether he has the patience or the club has the patience to keep him that long.

I do find the current social media frenzy around him frustrating though, because I think Shoretire is a much bigger prospect and nobody is frothing at the mouth over his development.

Bojan Djordjic

I think Hansen is a late developer physically and he will realise his potential in the 22-24 age range, like Lingard did. The question is whether he has the patience or the club has the patience to keep him that long.

I do find the current social media frenzy around him frustrating though, because I think Shoretire is a much bigger prospect and nobody is frothing at the mouth over his development.
Shoretire has had minutes with the senior team and not impressed at all. He's shied away from the ball, lost possession and made very little impression. Players like Kobbie and Garnacho pounced on the chances they got. Players like Garner and Angel Gomes didn't and Shoretire is in their boat. Hansen-Aaroen hasn't received any chances in competitive football and maybe he's just not good enough but I think people want to see for themselves as when he got an opportunity in pre-season he looked really bright.

VDG17

Shoretire has had minutes with the senior team and not impressed at all. He's shied away from the ball, lost possession and made very little impression. Players like Kobbie and Garnacho pounced on the chances they got. Players like Garner and Angel Gomes didn't and Shoretire is in their boat. Hansen-Aaroen hasn't received any chances in competitive football and maybe he's just not good enough but I think people want to see for themselves as when he got an opportunity in pre-season he looked really bright.
I think thats quite hard on Shoretire, he's only 6 months older than Hansen and his first team appearances came 2 years ago when he was only just 17. If I recall correctly at least a few of his appearances were 5 minute cameo's in dead games. I'd also say he's another late developer physically and less primed than Garnacho to make an immediate impact.
Im not arguing Hansen shouldn't get a chance, just that Shoretire is more deserving based on talent and potential.

I'd like to see both in the squad vs Newport but I don't think Erik is going to take those risks because he's probably feeling quite insecure at the moment.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
What absolute nonsense :lol:

He’s had 60 minutes across 5 appearances when he was 16-17. He made only 3 incomplete passes that total time. Trying to claim that as some huge wasted opportunities and terrible play is nothing short of ridiculous.

You can say the same about Isak’s chances in pre-season. He did nothing.

You have to earn chances and bluntly, Isak has done nothing to earn them.

They are both in the u21s for a reason. The difference is Shoretire was the best player on the pitch on Friday while Isak couldn’t complete a pass, talk about losing possession am I right.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Does somebody has a scouting report for him here?

Transfermarkt says Werder is interested. More likely a free transfer in summer, but a winter transfer isn't completely ruled out too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I know he's rated highly but I never saw anything to think he was a future elite player or anything .. he wasn't like Mainoo or garnacho level talent was he?

IrishRedDevil

At least we have learnt our lesson by adding in clauses for the right to match any future bids.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
At least we have learn out lesson by adding in clauses for the right to match any future bids.
What do you mean we have learned our lesson? Who have we missed out on due to not having that clause in? Genuine question, not trying to be a cnut.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
What do you mean we have learned our lesson? Who have we missed out on due to not having that clause in? Genuine question, not trying to be a cnut.
I don’t think there are any specific examples, it’s just good to see the club building some protections into these deals recently and not getting shafted left right and centre! It’s a sensible approach to let the kids go and see how they fair with regular football at a decent level. Much better than holding on to them for FOMO and then losing them on a free in the end when they don’t get playing time here.

top1whoisman

Scout
I don’t think there are any specific examples, it’s just good to see the club building some protections into these deals recently and not getting shafted left right and centre! It’s a sensible approach to let the kids go and see how they fair with regular football at a decent level. Much better than holding on to them for FOMO and then losing them on a free in the end when they don’t get playing time here.
No disagreements there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amount of tattoos he has are crazy :lol: one across his jawline ffs

lysglimt

Scout
Smart of him to leave - Werder Bremen will offer him more chances than we will.

jeepers

Disappointing news, but he really isn't going to be given a chance here. Gore is already ahead of him. I wish him all the best.

top1whoisman

Scout
Not recent, but a Pogba buyback clause may have saved a whole heap of embarrassment.
As we’re talking about a ”right to match any bid” clause, not really. Or at least I’m not aware of any other clubs bidding for him at Juve and our bid not being accepted.

zbcrow15

Same as how last summer Redcafe and Twitter went into a frenzy because Iqbal was sold for just 1 million. Iqbal was a super talent and going to become a world class player according to some. Somehow no better club than Utrecht came in and Iqbal hasnt even been playing much for Utrecht. It is just Manchester United fans on X and Redcafe who will overrate their own youth players. Those same people also dont want to accept that Manchester City just sells better or higher rated youth players and that is why Manchester City receive more money for their youth products.
Iqbal has a total for 43 minutes of football and everyone was worried we sold the next Pirlo because of 3 preseason walkarounds. Maybe we need to quit completely overhyping some of these young players and admit that they're just not Man united level players.

Pearson

Disappointing news but not that surprising. Hope he does well in the future. Still think he has a chance to make it at some top club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Needs to be playing and currently isn't good enough for us, right decision, hope he realises his potential.

Dan_F

So many weird accounts on Twitter moaning about him being sold. I’m going to take a wild swing and guess that 18 months ago, they were also moaning that we hold on to youth players too long and don’t sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.