Ismaila Sarr

arnie_ni

He be a better option than anyone we currently have outside rash martial and greenwood anyway

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He played well in general v West Ham on Friday but his end product was quite erratic at times, which sums up his game at the moment. He has all the tools to develop and reach the top tier of teams in the league, however.

I thought Liverpool would be all over him as cover for Mane and Salah to be honest but I haven’t seen them linked yet.

Stretender

I see G Nev is touting him as a good option for us. He reminds me of Mane at Southampton- explosive and massive potential

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rr-says-Gary-Neville-Jadon-Sancho-stalls.html
This is exactly what we need.A United legend like Gary Neville putting out alternatives to Sancho in public. Gary has a big profile in the media, his comments are taken seriously and this link will help Dortmund lower down the Sancho price. Dortmund must be made aware that we have alternatives.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think he need to iron out inconsistency a bit more before moving to a top side. Not seen many faster than him tbf, I'd have him a squad option, but don't see that's happening with Chong signing a new deal and James.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s decent, yeah. Think he’s another on the list of wingers who are good but you’re unsure as to whether or not they’ll instantly be good enough for the very top. Looking at the likes of Saint Maximin, Sarr, Grealish, McNeil, Adama.

If PL prices weren’t inflated I think most of the top 6 would be snapping them up as squad options at the very least, but with prices as they are now there’s a bit more of a question mark.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I like this guy, but he does remind me a lot of Danny Welbeck, maybe it's just because he plays in the same team as him.
He's explosive, fast and technically superb, all things I associate with Welbeck,
Not sure he has the quality long term though.

NK86

This is exactly what we need.A United legend like Gary Neville putting out alternatives to Sancho in public. Gary has a big profile in the media, his comments are taken seriously and this link will help Dortmund lower down the Sancho price. Dortmund must be made aware that we have alternatives.
Yeah, I don't think Dortmund care about what Neville has to say about our transfer alternatives. It's not a Lingard situation where they want a buyer for Sancho to come in pronto.

marktan

I haven't watched him this season as much as Maximin but his end product leaves a lot to be desired. Often crosses into the first man.

Maximin on the other hand I think currently is a level or two above him both in dribbling and his passing.

Stretender

Yeah, I don't think Dortmund care about what Neville has to say about our transfer alternatives. It's not a Lingard situation where they want a buyer for Sancho to come in pronto.
Neville is very close to Ole and he knows the ins and outs at Old Trafford more than any other person. The fact he is mentioning Sancho being expensive means that Ed and Ole are briefing the media and it is a well known Ed Woodward tactic. Any information about United coming from Gary is tier 1 stuff. I personally wouldn't be surprised if United do not buy Sancho in the summer. I just dont see the financial expert that is Ed Woodward, spend in excess of 100 million on a player who would be free in 18 months . Ed Woodward is all things but he knows how finances work and is not a mug in that respect.

nyanza

Who knows, they might very well want a buyer considering next year with one year on his contract they won't be getting anything close to what they could now.

sp_107

NK86

Neville is very close to Ole and he knows the ins and outs at Old Trafford more than any other person. The fact he is mentioning Sancho being expensive means that Ed and Ole are briefing the media and it is a well known Ed Woodward tactic. Any information about United coming from Gary is tier 1 stuff. I personally wouldn't be surprised if United do not buy Sancho in the summer. I just dont see the financial expert that is Ed Woodward, spend in excess of 100 million on a player who would be free in 18 months . Ed Woodward is all things but he knows how finances work and is not a mug in that respect.
You mean the same "financial genius" Ed who paid more for Fellaini than we needed to had we bought him a few days earlier?

Moreover, you are again overestimating Gary Neville's access to United's scouting and preferred targets and also Dortmund's care about what he has to say about United.

NK86

Who knows, they might very well want a buyer considering next year with one year on his contract they won't be getting anything close to what they could now.
Sancho, even with a year left on his contract would get a lot of suitors for close to the prices stated. You forget that if he was free, United won't be the only big club in for him and I really doubt Ed/Ole don't know that.

Also, I don't see Sancho trying to piss off Dortmund, the club who showed great faith in him and have played a big part in his development over the last couple of seasons.

Pav1878

Trying to penny pinch our way into the top tier again. Doomed to fail...again.
I don't think that's entirely true. We have paid top dollar for players over the past six years and have had some disasters. I don't think it's a bad idea to be sensible with spending for a while, if only to let other clubs know we won't be ripped off any more.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure about that. Neville was way off last summer with what was going on

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Surprised that Sarr hasn't got a move already this summer. I imagine quite a few clubs are looking at other targets and thinking, if we can't get X, Y and Z, lets try for Sarr on deadline day. I hope United are one of them because I have serious doubts about Sancho joining this summer.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Surprised that Sarr hasn't got a move already this summer. I imagine quite a few clubs are looking at other targets and thinking, if we can't get X, Y and Z, lets try for Sarr on deadline day. I hope United are one of them because I have serious doubts about Sancho joining this summer.
Been quite a few rumours today that Liverpool will be buying him in addition to Thiago.

AsonUnique

Would be perfect to rotate with Mason on the right. Was a bit of a coupe for Watford last year, and still has quite a bit of potential. I think rumors a few months ago were 40-50mil. Honestly surprised the journalists aren't linking us to him.

I have seen the liverpool rumors. Would be perfect for them to get and then next summer sell Salah or Mane and Sarr could slide right in. Assuming Sancho is off this is a very good plan B

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Didn't Watford want £40m for him? That's probably why.

If they settle for £25 he'll definitely go somewhere.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Been quite a few rumours today that Liverpool will be buying him in addition to Thiago.
FFS.

Its hard to have to watch them do everything right.

Lets hope Watford price him out of a move to JuAnfield.

K Stand Knut

Would be perfect to rotate with Mason on the right. Was a bit of a coupe for Watford last year, and still has quite a bit of potential. I think rumors a few months ago were 40-50mil. Honestly surprised the journalists aren't linking us to him.

I have seen the liverpool rumors. Would be perfect for them to get and then next summer sell Salah or Mane and Sarr could slide right in. Assuming Sancho is off this is a very good plan B
The media stories are starting to develop for Sarr to United.

Impossible to know whether this will genuine as a replacement for the lack of Sancho signing or propaganda following the lack of movement from Liverpool.

SouthPredators4

If we don't get Sancho, he will be the next best option. Quite similar to Mane at Southampton, abeit not as quick in his acceleration and nimble in tight spaces.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I've watched him played few times last season, I don't see it with this guy. People compare him to Mane like seriously? It's such a lazy comparison to Mane just because both are wingers, have pace & from the same country. Mane at Southampton was much more technical than Sarr, in fact, Mane was also used as a no 10 multiple times which tells you his overall game wasn't just about winger. Mane had much more into his game and being honest myself I've seen Mane at Southampton drifted to the middle trying to dictate game. On the other hand, whenever I watched Sarr on that right winger, reminds me of Welbeck on the left winger with us. The way how they dribble, relying on their pace & physical attribute, not much technique to offer

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I've watched him played few times last season, I don't see it with this guy. People compare him to Mane like seriously? It's such a lazy comparison to Mane just because both are wingers, have pace & from the same country. Mane at Southampton was much more technical than Sarr, in fact, Mane was also used as a no 10 multiple times which tells you his overall game wasn't just about winger. Mane had much more into his game and being honest myself I've seen Mane at Southampton drifted to the middle trying to dictate game. On the other hand, whenever I watched Sarr on that right winger, reminds me of Welbeck on the left winger with us. The way how they dribble, relying on their pace & physical attribute, not much technique to offer
I would agree with this, his underlying stats shot volumes Xg stuff are nothing to write home about for an attacker. Doesn’t really do too well on the eye test either, he’s exceptionally quick and that’s about it. He was highly rated at Rennes but I’m not sure it’ll translate here. Either way he definitely isn’t ready to be joining a top club.

There’s David Neres, Leon Bailey and Cengiz Under (who’s just moved to Leicester) who are all far better options and likely cheaper too.

SAFMUTD

If we don't get Sancho, he will be the next best option. Quite similar to Mane at Southampton, abeit not as quick in his acceleration and nimble in tight spaces.
He closer to Daniel James than to Mane, I didnt saw all Watford games of course but whenever I saw them he always seemed as a pace merchant. He is not really skillful lr clinical, Mane was a far superior player at Southampton, Im just not bought into Sarr, pace will only take you so far we've seen it with James, Aaron Lennon, Welbeck, etc once the defender realize thats pretty much all you have to offer they will shut you pretty easily.

Anyway for the price quoted I hope Liverpool take's him I dont think even Klopp can make a top player out of him.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

They got him for €43m last summer, I doubt they're gonna let him go for a loss of more than €10m to be honest. On the other hand, they wanted €30m+ for Doukoure too and he's been sold for around €20m I believe so there's that.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I really wasn’t impressed with him last season. Looks incredibly raw even at 23. I don’t think he’s top 4 quality.

SambaBoy

No. He'd be an upgrade on what we have here but that doesn't mean we should sign him. We need to be going for genuine top class players who have the potential to be competing in the CL and top end of the PL. I can't see Sarr ever reaching that level.

starman

Don't see the Mane comparisons at all.

He's a biggest stronger Daniel James,and needs open fields ahead of him to be really effective, he has trouble against defences that play deep and park the bus, which is what he would predominantly face playing for United. If we sign him it would be just for the sake it. I think Leicester would be a good fit for him.
If it's not Sancho, we should go after Traore who has the trickery playing in tight spaces to unlock defence's

Jacob

Watched a YouTube clip just now, looks explosive and clumsy. A strong Daniel James as indicated above.

#CR7

I would be happy if we signed Sarr. I saw quite a bit of him last season and he's much better than some people are suggesting.

In terms of playing style Sarr is more in the mould of a traditional winger like James as he often likes to beat his man on the outside and cross the ball. However, he has shown the technical ability to vary his play and can also cut inside and get involved with the quick interchange. Personally I think this could work quite well for us on the RW, as he can help stretch the opposition and still be a real offensive outlet for us.

Last season he got 5G and 4A in the league which is quite good considering Watford only scored 36 goals all season. I think he would easily be able to add 15G/A to our team playing in a more dominant setup.

Obviously he is not the finished article and still needs to improve, but he has already shown that when he is playing at his highest level, he is unstoppable (e.g Watford's 3-0 victory against Liverpool when he got 2G & 1A).

Objectively, he would be a good addition to our squad and would most likely be a rotation/bench option for the LW & RW.

Of course he is not as good as Sancho which is probably the reason he has been labelled a strong Dan James, but in the long term I think we have room for both him and Sancho in our team especially as Greenwood is likely to play more centrally in the future.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
With supposedly Klopp interested it probably look more good than it was before Sarr was well known, just not sure Ole will back down from his main target at this point. He pushed for Bruno even after summer failure and when he finally got him, team almost immediately started playing better.

Hard to say if he'll make a big impact, but 25m could be okayish price for a backup with some sort of potential. The question is do we need backups ? Perhaps Leeds will get Dan James after all and that will be a green light for Sarr, not even sure if United still have enough time to juggle on the summer market like that. Still better do something than play another season without right winger... last time we had one with bigger impact was probably Nani.

RUCK4444

With supposedly Klopp interested it probably look more good than it was before Sarr was well known, just not sure Ole will back down from his main target at this point. He pushed for Bruno even after summer failure and when he finally got him, team almost immediately started playing better.

Hard to say if he'll make a big impact, but 25m could be okayish price for a backup with some sort of potential. The question is do we need backups ? Perhaps Leeds will get Dan James after all and that will be a green light for Sarr, not even sure if United still have enough time to juggle on the summer market like that. Still better do something than play another season without right winger... last time we had one with bigger impact was probably Nani.
Although it’s painfully frustrating I think that’s still probably the best way to go about it, better to wait for the right player than spend a third or half of that money on average players who we then overpay and struggle to get rid of.