Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully

Spark

I don't think he's been personally affected - from memory he left Iran decades ago and lives in Canada now along with his family (I could have him mixed up with another poster though).

The reason I said there's a thread for it is because there is - one I've even commented on on how abhorrent it is. The specific examples of his post are literally a continuation of the fallout of the Mahsa Amini killing.

This thread in particular is centred on Israel and Iran's behaviour vis a vis Palestine and their implications for other nations in the region.

Anyway, I'm not a mod, so feel free to disregard.
Fair enough, I can see your point of view but I do disagree. I think domestic Iranian issues have a direct influence on the Israel-Iran conflict, as they are intrinsically linked. E.g. the fact that there is such widespread dissatisfaction with the Iranian government spearheaded by Mahsa Amini is a major reason why a war with Israel is the last thing it needs (even if some hardliners are so blinkered they may want it).

I think it's an emotive issue that can easily be discussed in the context of the wider competing forces across the region. Simply disregarding it is a major reason why people can't think beyond the headlines, as Hanks post is the sort of thing that doesn't get reported on.