Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
This is literally: "Hey guys, we are sending drones. Prepare yourself. ". One of strangest things related to war which i ever saw.
Trump certainly won’t be impressed.

ScholesyTheWise

No one thinks Iran is sane. The whole Middle East hates them, their own people hate them, the West hates them.

It's just funny though, that one seized a ship in it's waters and one destroyed an embassy in another country and only one is getting called out as breaking international law.

Both the current Iranian regime and Israeli regime are criminals and both should be called out for it.
does "the West" even surprise anyone anymore?

Jev

Seems like a bit of theater following this from everyone.
It's been a very strange situation, seems like it's mostly about showing strength without doing anything to risk an escalation but you never know. I don't recall a similar situation, with everyone knowing about an incoming attack for days, Iranian sources briefing US media on their intentions and then news of the actual attack arriving hours before it hits. I'm a little perplexed by it all.

Eric_the_Red99

It's been a very strange situation, seems like it's mostly about showing strength without doing anything to risk an escalation but you never know. I don't recall a similar situation, with everyone knowing about an incoming attack for days, Iranian sources briefing US media on their intentions and then news of the actual attack arriving hours before it hits. I'm a little perplexed by it all.
Just seems like theatre to me. The drones will do feck all but Iran will claim victory anyway.

the_cliff

Israel are carrying out heavy attacks on Lebanon right now. Jordan said they'll shoot down the drones that go over their airspace.

ScholesyTheWise

Stay safe @Amir and @ScholesyTheWise , hopefully this is nothing more than a "show" retaliation.
Yeah, I believe soldiers in bases are the ones who should be worried if at all, seeing as they too have ample time to get into shelters.
it's a very weird one, what can you say.
if this satisfies the Iranian public- the part of it that demands a response- then that's good.

Supports
Barcelona
This is literally: "Hey guys, we are sending drones. Prepare yourself. ". One of strangest things related to war which i ever saw.

'cause it's being acted out. Not genuine. The iranian regime has to sell something to its people. It has to respond as Trump revealed following Suleimani's death, and it had like 12 days to coordinate with the US and hence Israel. Not that there won't be bombings and may be even deaths, but this is a way to contain what happened in Syria while selling something to the people.

ScholesyTheWise

Israel are carrying out heavy attacks on Lebanon right now. Jordan said they'll shoot down the drones that go over their airspace.
indeed, but it's not like Hezbollah is shooting teddy-bears and unicorns into the sky... it's been back and forth all day.

the_cliff

'cause it's being acted out. Not genuine. The iranian regime has to sell something to its people. It has to respond as Trump revealed following Suleimani's death, and it had like 12 days to coordinate with the US and hence Israel. Not that there won't be bombings and may be even deaths, but this is a way to contain what happened in Syria while selling something to the people.
I hope you're right mate. This is unchartered territory. Iran have never directly attacked Israel before.

ScholesyTheWise

For months.
yeah sure, but seems like a bit of an escalation today.

Anyway, it's obvious that Bibi the thundercnut wishes for the public to "unite" in the fight against Iran,
and forget about his... don't know how to describe his "behaviour" in the past couple of months.

ScholesyTheWise

it's always weird to get a reminder of just how small some drones are.
they look like funny-looking birds in some of the videos.

I think (hope) this will be a pre agreed face saving exercise for the embassy attack. A retaliation to cause a bit of damage in Israel and that will be that. Israeli defences will shoot down most if not all of the drones. If they really wanted to cause damage they'd be firing ballistic missiles.

Either way Iran has been building up to this since they orchestrated the October attacks.

Last edited:

Swedish_Plumber

Feel terrible for all the innocent lives that are inevitably gonna suffer for however long this lasts for. It’s all so fecking pointless.

ScholesyTheWise

I was just thinking - they keep saying that the Iranians are targeting military bases / headquarters,
but for the past 6 months there's no GPS signal in Israel, as the IDF fecks it up on purpose.
if it is indeed successful in making the Iranian missiles lose their whereabouts, this surely means that the missiles will just land wherever, including on areas where there are just citizens?

Hmm.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nobody asking Iraq anything i see. Poor bastards are in the middle of this and drones and rockets will fall on their land. Same as when Israel bombed Iran embassy in Syria.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This feels like an obviously bad source. There is no reason this guy should have extra information about this, so if nobody else is reporting it it's safe to say it's bullshit - and should not be uncritically shared.

The same goes for this, honestly:

Someone who starts their tweet with "World War III" and frequently retweets the dire Visegrad account is not credible. He's posting "quotes" (with no attribution) about Israel attacking Tehran, and Lebanon initiating a "large scale attack on Israel". Come on.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Biden is complicit in all this shit going on. How many times did he warn the public about Trump going to war with Iran.

Genocidal maniacs the lot of them.