Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Idxomer

It says something about our society when you have to hark back to the 19th and early 20th century or even the late iron age to justify current military tactics. So much for advancing our civilisation.
It's also funny it was coming from the guy who was boasting that free and democratic nations are in full support of Israel's actions.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yes it seems these Palestinian gangs seems like they planned everything from underneath Al Shifa hospital, it looks like they have a command center there.

It's all one big joke. But this lie had more serious consequences as US and it's puppets withdrew funding over the lie.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They are not right in their fecking heads. Disguisting pieces of shit. Making fun of such misery.
Yeah they are psychopaths, i don't even recall the Russians being this perverse.

Idxomer

It's all one big joke. But this lie had more serious consequences as US and it's puppets withdrew funding over the lie.
Even if it weren't a lie, the fact is it was nowhere near enough to pull funding from literally the lifeline of millions of refugees in Palestine and elsewhere. This was one of the most disgusting acts we've seen in the last 5 months from the US and other countries.

Giggsyking

Nicaragua institutes proceedings against Germany for abetting and complicity in Genocide.

Idxomer

There are thousands of trucks waiting to get in and instead of telling their ally to move these in, they are resorting to the option most experts agree that it's not practical and not that helpful to most people.

Idxomer

https://twitter.com/halalflow

This is a great account exposing both Mathew Miller and John Kirby for the two genocidal maniacs they are. Their statements are getting worse the longer the genocide goes on and now they basically blame all war crimes and atrocities their zionist allies are committing on Hamas. They don't have any other excuses anymore, they are no different from that Levy cnut.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

Nicaragua institutes proceedings against Germany for abetting and complicity in Genocide.
That's...interesting. What penalties would suppose for Germany? And again, on the wrong side of history for the last +100 years?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The BBC Verify article about Thursdays deaths at the aid convoy.

If 100+ were shot and killed, would be one of the worst individual acts in this conflict … but depressingly seems to be almost just another tragedy in a list of tragic events. 100+ people get killed in most places, it’s lead news around the world for days.

When representatives of Israel say conflicting thIngs, it’s really difficult to believe anything they say

‘…. in further comments to the UK's Channel 4 News, IDF spokesman Lt Col Peter Lerner said a "mob stormed the convoy bringing it at some stage to a halt. The tanks that were there to secure the convoy see the Gazans being trampled and cautiously tries to disperse the mob with a few warning shots."

In a video statement posted on X at 20:35 GMT - 22:35 in Gaza and Israel - the IDF's Daniel Hagari claimed: "Hundreds became thousands and things got out of hand." He said the tank commander decided to retreat to avoid harming civilians and "they were backing up securely, not shooting at the mob".

And yet earlier, in an interview on CNN between 18:00 and 19:00 GMT, the Israeli prime minister's special adviser, Mark Regev, said Israel had not been involved directly in any way and was not on the ground.’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68445973

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Things like this is easilly verified with autopsy, video cam, thousands of witness, including IDF own chatter which should be documented and opened up if they have nothing fishy going on.

But people will believe whatever they want to believe and used these half arsed excuses as talking points to help them cope with the reality.

You dont shot warning shots and somehow people ended up with bulllet holes, en masse.

E-mal

It is sad that innocent people continue to loose their lives to this war. I am really praying that this war comes to an end and a lasting peace is restored.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Thankfully a new aid convoy has managed to get through to the north. No idea of the size. This OCHA "head of sub office" seems to be filming from the hospital. Confirms there are injured with gunshot wounds.

Edit1: According to the BBC the spokesperson for the UN Secretary General has provided more detail saying that the above team entered Al-Shifa and witnessed "a large number of gunshot wounds" among survivors.

Edit2: Here's a NYT summary of the drone footage Israel released. The analysis is not particularly favourable to the IDF version of events:

Basically they claim that although they can't confirm it the gunfire in the video seems to be coming from the vicinity of the Israeli vehicles and includes tracer rounds unlikely to emanate from random gunmen. In the edited drone footage the bulk of the bodies visible look to be in reasonably close proximity to the Israeli vehicles. They also note that when the panic starts you can see people ducking and hiding as well as running - as if from gunfire.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

It's a disgusting army. An apartheid supremacist state. An illegal occupation. Multiple massacres throughout history for the past 75 years, to top that with ethnic cleansing since 1948.

Mike Smalling

It’s insane that this is happening while we have Zionist propagandists in the US and other places rolling with the “most moral army in the world” defense.

Suv666

Ever since the present day. Multiple cities completely destroyed and 7 million refuges. Ukraine.
all wars and invasions are hell but the psychopathy on show here is on another level.

They genuinely enjoy killing and destruction more than any I’ve ever seen unfold in real time.

The social media posts by the IDF themselves leave me horrified and these are things they must feel are civilised enough to be broadcasted to the world.

Mike Smalling

all wars and invasions are hell but the psychopathy on show here is on another level.

They genuinely enjoy killing and destruction more than any I’ve ever seen unfold in real time.

The social media posts by the IDF themselves leave me horrified and these are things they must feel are civilised enough to be broadcasted to the world.
It’s because they don’t think of the Palestinians as humans, and as you point out they are confident that the recipients of their content feel the same way.

I’m not sure the typical Russian soldier feels the same way about the Ukrainians.

There is also a complete asymmetry in power in display in Gaza, that we don’t see in Ukraine. They have similar technology and can punch back. The Palestinians are just fish in a barrel to IDF.

MDFC Manager

It’s because they don’t think of the Palestinians as humans, and as you point out they are confident that the recipients of their content feel the same way.

I’m not sure the typical Russian soldier feels the same way about the Ukrainians.

There is also a complete asymmetry in power in display in Gaza, that we don’t see in Ukraine. They have similar technology and can punch back. The Palestinians are just fish in a barrel to IDF.
Yet apparently it's hamas that's pushing the israeli public more towards the right wing. Maybe they should look within themselves for once, the evil that lies within?

Raven

It is sad that innocent people continue to loose their lives to this war. I am really praying that this war comes to an end and a lasting peace is restored.
Don't fool yourself, there hasn't been peace there for 100 years at least.

Idxomer

As usual journalists, medics, and civil personnel are targeted for weeks before any ground attack to ensure maximum chaos.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
So despite countless videos and news sources confirming the slaughter of yet more innocent Palestinians. This time starving people desperately trying to get food and supplies, gunned down by Israeli forces..... And yup, no surprise it's denied or ignored by @Giggsy PO and @gfactor86. Worse still the old 'this thread is full of HAMAS SYMPATHISERS gets thrown out too despite every single fecking poster in this thread all condemning Hamas multiple times and clearly all just caring about the massacre and destruction of a people and their land.

i sincerely want a different opinion in here so it's not an echo chamber. I personally feel sorry for those Israel's who have suffered from the terrorist attacks or lost loved ones. What I can't accept though is this absolute one sided, deluded denial of everything that the IDF have done and proved to have done. Nor can I stomach the absolute lack of empathy and at tines arrogant and dismissive tone of the replies. On top of that the whatsboutism and the constant moving of goalposts and disingenuous snarky retorts instead of sincere honest opinion and good faith rebuttal.

Time and time again we have had posts from news sources reporting atrocities and war crimes committed by the Israeli forces or statements from those in power and every single time they are either denied or ignored, often followed by accusations of the posts being posted by Hamas sympathisers. When the initial reports are confirmed then they are completely ignored and the subject is changed again.

it really is absolutely the same as Trump followers and MAGA cult members or 2A defenders after a school shooting or similar tragedy resulting from guns.

Again, I reiterate I sincerely want genuine argument and debate from those supporting Israel, but honestly I'm fecking sick to death with this absolute bullshit where people can't even acknowledge or accept the undeniable truth after it has been proven by multiple reputable sources.

Yes there have been some posts about the IDF
that have been proven to be incorrect or exaggerated, but each time they have been either deleted, retracted or at the very least acknowledged, accepted and apologised for. That is absolutely not the case for those here supporting Israel.

Sorry for the lengthy post but it's just getting fecking tiring and it genuinely doesn't add anything to the thread other than frustration bordering on anger when reading the same evasive denials and mundane whataboutery bollocks over and over again.

On a side note, it's also very noticeable that when one turns up, the other isn't very far behind.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
So despite countless videos and news sources confirming the slaughter of yet more innocent Palestinians. This time starving people desperately trying to get food and supplies, gunned down by Israeli forces..... And yup, no surprise it's denied or ignored by @Giggsy PO and @gfactor86. Worse still the old 'this thread is full of HAMAS SYMPATHISERS gets thrown out too despite every single fecking poster in this thread all condemning Hamas multiple times and clearly all just caring about the massacre and destruction of a people and their land.

i sincerely want a different opinion in here so it's not an echo chamber. I personally feel sorry for those Israel's who have suffered from the terrorist attacks or lost loved ones. What I can't accept though is this absolute one sided, deluded denial of everything that the IDF have done and proved to have done. Nor can I stomach the absolute lack of empathy and at tines arrogant and dismissive tone of the replies. On top of that the whatsboutism and the constant moving of goalposts and disingenuous snarky retorts instead of sincere honest opinion and good faith rebuttal.

Time and time again we have had posts from news sources reporting atrocities and war crimes committed by the Israeli forces or statements from those in power and every single time they are either denied or ignored, often followed by accusations of the posts being posted by Hamas sympathisers. When the initial reports are confirmed then they are completely ignored and the subject is changed again.

it really is absolutely the same as Trump followers and MAGA cult members or 2A defenders after a school shooting or similar tragedy resulting from guns.

Again, I reiterate I sincerely want genuine argument and debate from those supporting Israel, but honestly I'm fecking sick to death with this absolute bullshit where people can't even acknowledge or accept the undeniable truth after it has been proven by multiple reputable sources.

that have been proven to be incorrect or exaggerated, but each time they have been either deleted, retracted or at the very least acknowledged, accepted and apologised for. That is absolutely not the case for those here supporting Israel.

Sorry for the lengthy post but it's just getting fecking tiring and it genuinely doesn't add anything to the thread other than frustration bordering on anger when reading the same evasive denials and mundane whataboutery bollocks over and over again.

On a side note, it's also very noticeable that when one turns up, the other isn't very far behind.
There is no debate. There is no argument. Israel is decimating Gaza and its people. They are beneath contempt. Anyone defending their actions is either a simpleton or a psychopath.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

13 children have died of malnutrition so far.
This tragedy/genocide just never stops shocking. :( What a horrible way to die, with food literally on his doorstep.

Aaron Bushnell saw this. Rest in power Aaron Bushnell.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Given what the IDF have done (lie, deny, lie, tangent, lie, say “but Oct 7”, lie, ignore, lie, lie, lie, lie….), are you really surprised that their supporters are cut from the same cloth?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
There is no debate. There is no argument. Israel is decimating Gaza and its people. They are beneath contempt. Anyone defending their actions is either a simpleton or a psychopath.
I agree, but that wasn't my point really. Two of my mates in London are Jewish brothers, they grew up in Tel Aviv and moved here about 15 years ago, and I've spoken to them, they are absolutely pro Israeli, but they also want Israel to leave Palestine and the Palestinans the feck alone. They hate how they are treated as they have Palestinian friends in the West Bank. Funnily enough when they first came to London their flatmate was Palestinan and they used to argue all the time but became very close. They absolutely condemn the acts being committed by Israel and want it all to end, but at the same time have some truly horrifying stories of HAMAS attacks on friends and family members while they were growing up so when I have spoken to them recently we have mainly been discussing the futility of it all as neither side can negotiate in good faith or keep stoking the flames with inflammatory rhetoric and threats.

They have countered some of the propaganda and also agreed with some of the things Israel have done since October 7th and in the past. Although I might not agree with them they don't just call me a Hamas sympathisers and explain why they think or feel that way. They also don't just continually defend Israel or shut down discussion or get sarcastic or narky.

Although they do call me a ginger bumpkin or a Devonshire cnut and throw some insults at me in Hebrew that I don't understand fully. I think really after reading this back, without being rude, they are just more honest, less defensive and more compassionate. Clearly in here we have one completely delusional Israel supporter and one slightly less, but just as argumentative and evasive and reluctant to accept when he or Israel is wrong.

It's also quite amusing because one is an Arsenal fan and one a Tottenham fan so l often just throw a grenade in the chat and sit back and watch them rip each other apart. Until they turn back to me and United.

Given what the IDF have done (lie, deny, lie, tangent, lie, say “but Oct 7”, lie, ignore, lie, lie, lie, lie….), are you really surprised that their supporters are cut from the same cloth?
No, just disappointed and as I said bored of the continual bollocks and denial and shifting goal posts or Hamas sympathiser insults.

I broke my toe and two ribs yesterday so am in bed and bored out my mind and a little bit wrecked on codeine, hence my lengthy posts. It's the only thing keeping the pain away tbh as watching telly wasn't doing the job.

ManUtd1999

Did we really get to the point where an American president needs to airdrop aid to people because he’s afraid of the Israeli prime minister or because he has no leverage? Is this where we are right now?

Idxomer

Just seeing US airdropping aid. Biden loves to be humiliated.
I don't think some people understand the absurdity of the US and Egypt for that matter having to resort to airdrops when there are literally more than 2 thousand aid trucks standing on the borders. The airdrops naturally don't contain either water or medicine, two of the most vital things for people in the north right now.

Former ambassador to Algeria and Syria.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Did we really get to the point where an American president needs to airdrop aid to people because he’s afraid of the Israeli prime minister or because he has no leverage? Is this where we are right now?
Biden wants this war and supports it fully. Anything else is a pantomime, like the air drops