Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Simbo

Lets at least show the same dilligence to both sides, it doesn't show what that tweet is claiming. Twitter osint nerds can probably match what kind of weapon makes that sound pretty quick though, assuming the sound is legit.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
They are not equivalents in status or any other way. Hamas has no embassy here.
Maybe not, but not taking action on both sides will just encourage the other IMO, it doesn't necessarily have to be equal action but both side carry blame for their actions thus far and both sides need some accounting for what they have done

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
A good response for Israel is usually 10X. Which means 14,000.

They must have reached 5,000+ by now. This last 500 (allegedly) was a big step forward. Will they take it all the way?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If there is it's too late and arbitrary. It's disgusting and it was inevitable.
I mean western leaders quite literally rolled out the red carpet for them to do this shit by continually saying “Israel has a right to defend herself” as they commit war crime after war crime. We all knew what was coming and unfortunately I fear there is even worse to come.

MDFC Manager

A good response for Israel is usually 10X. Which means 14,000.

They must have reached 5,000+ by now. This last 500 (allegedly) was a big step forward. Will they take it all the way?
I think they'd like to reach the numbers before papa Biden arrives.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That makes it even worse, heartless and stupid.
Yeah there's no good side here. Either they cruelly ordered the evacuation of a hospital and then bombed it despite no evacuation taking place, or they just bombed arbitrarily bombed a hospital. The best case scenario for Israel, beyond this being some incredible Hamas false flag (which I very much doubt they are capable of), is that it was simply a mistake. So the best case scenario is that they accidentally bombed a hospital.

Also they definitely did order the evacuation of many hospitals in Northern Gaza, whether or not they specifically ordered this one.

E-mal

Lets at least show the same dilligence to both sides, it doesn't show what that tweet is claiming. Twitter osint nerds can probably match what kind of weapon makes that sound pretty quick though, assuming the sound is legit.
What is your point exactly ? That this doesnt sound like a an airstrike?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If this was Israel, unfortunate timing considering this earlier statement:

All Gaza targets approved at highest level of military, says Israel

Every Gaza target has been “approved at the highest level” of military, according to an Israeli official.
They added that the campaign to eliminate the terrorist group Hamas could take months or even years.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
On CNN Portugal, the breaking news are saying that Israel claims it was a failed Hamas rocket launch

E-mal

Yeah there's no good side here. Either they cruelly ordered the evacuation of a hospital and then bombed it despite no evacuation taking place, or they just bombed arbitrarily bombed a hospital. The best case scenario for Israel, beyond this being some incredible Hamas false flag (which I very much doubt they are capable of), is that it was simply a mistake. So the best case scenario is that they accidentally bombed a hospital.

Also they definitely did order the evacuation of many hospitals in Northern Gaza, whether or not they specifically ordered this one.
Your strawman approach to justifying this as a mistake makes me sick, apologies to all your sensitivities but I disagree with your attempt to justifying this as a possible mistake. I have no horse in this matter, but this makes me sick because I am a medical doctor and cant imagine getting in harms way while doing my job innocently. This is absolutely abhorent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

You can’t evacuate a hospital anyway. Any big hospital will have a number of people in ITU who are too sick to move (or, at least, moving them would carry an unacceptable risk of killing them) And that’s in normal conditions. Can’t imagine what they’re dealing with at a hospital in the middle of a war zone.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Your strawman approach to justifying this as a mistake makes me sick, apologies to all your sensitivities but I disagree with your attempt to justifying this as a possible mistake. I have no horse in this matter, but this makes me sick because I am a medical doctor and cant imagine getting in harms way while doing my job innocently. This is absolutely abhorent.
What? How have you read that and thought that he's justifying it?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think you may want to reread that post if that is what you think they've written.

ScholesyTheWise

[Assuming it was blown up by the IDF]
Yes, this is the watershed moment. It's obviously a massive massive shame and scandal, and a loss of lives that should have been avoided.

If this doesn't stop now I'd be surprised.

by the way, while posting I just heard a gun fire that sounded like it was from outside my house.
I wonder what's going on in the streets.

This might incite an internal riot as well...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I really think this is that moment.

Israel are finished now after that. The rest of the world won’t allow any more.
Which insane itself as this bombing is just the latest in a long long line Israeli aggression against Palestine. If the global community has allowed Israel to flatten and pulverise Palestine with impunity all these years, they won’t step in now.

space

On CNN Portugal, the breaking news are saying that Israel claims it was a failed Hamas rocket launch
Yeah like they always say every single time. I’m sure all the pro genocide folk will lap it up though

nimic

something nice
Scout
You can’t evacuate a hospital anyway. Any big hospital will have a number of people in ITU who are too sick to move (or, at least, moving them would carry an unacceptable risk of killing them) And that’s in normal conditions. Can’t imagine what they’re dealing with at a hospital in the middle of a war zone.
Yeah, it's awful.

It felt very black humour'y when the caption under a picture in Nrk.no (Norwegian state broadcaster) was something to the effect of "An injured person is carried into a hospital after an alleged Israeli air strike on a hospital".