Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Israel itself was founded because a regime had a bloody good attempt at wiping out every last Jewish person they could find.
Not true, the plan of an israel state was before

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Nobody is supposed to be a refugee.
If these countries did genuinely care about the Palestinians, they would take those fleeing in. That would be the most logical and humane thing any of these states could do. Their refusal to do so, is a travesty and simply proves, that Palestinians have no real support at all, including the states claiming to be on their side. They just use the Palestinians as pawns in their political games.
So yeah, it is a great point. Because it shows how dire and desperate the situation of Palestinians is and how the lack of support is in no way an exclusively western thing.
It's true that most of the arab countries have given up on Palestine but they also don't want refugees there because Israel has a history of not letting them back, which has a big chance to happen this time. They also don't have the means to take in that much at once.

Jesus Christ, I've yet to find a german poster in this thread who's halfway educated about this topic and doesn't have an absolute nightmare. And I thought the one-sided coverage from the german media was bad enough

Feingefühl, Empathie, Wissen and ausgewogene Beurteilung der Lage sind echt nicht zu finden.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It's true that most of the arab countries have given up on Palestine but they also don't want refugees there because Israel has a history of not letting them back, which has a big chance to happen this time. They also don't have the means to take in that much at once.

Jesus Christ, I've yet to find a german poster in this thread who's halfway educated about this topic and doesn't have an absolute nightmare. And I thought the one-sided coverage from the german media was bad enough

Feingefühl, Empathie, Wissen and ausgewogene Beurteilung der Lage sind echt nicht zu finden.
Thank you for the kind words. My point still stands. I’m aware that they have a very difficult time to came back. As I’ve pointed out at multiple occasions. I simply believe that they themselves are the ones who should make their decisions based on these considerations and no one else. So if they were to decide to flee, even though they can’t come back, it’s their decision to do so. Not yours. Same if they choose to stay.
I’m also aware that many countries in these regions do house plenty refugees (however nice of you it is to pretend I don’t, for whatever reasons). This doesn’t change their morale obligation to me. An obligation that obviously extends to the western world, which shares the responsibility to do everything possible to aid these suffering people.

Newtonius

Haven’t seen this kind of war in a long time, some serious old testament sodom and gommorrah shit

E-mal

I think it depends on how you interpret existential threat. They might not be an existential threat to the state of Israel. But for the individually living there, this might be a different matter. The Hamas are obviously a threat to Israeli citizens and their way of life.
A bunch of them have dual nationality, perhaps they should leave and return when the threat is no more. For the average Palestinian, this land is all he has. And I have followed your posts , without a doubt I am astonished by your take on the refugee crisis and how to deal with it, your posts lack empathy and disregard for the rights of the Palestinians.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
:lol: Yes, the US wanted for Hamas to commit this attack.
You would be surprised even some ex-military personnel said is impossible to get near the fence without all the alarms to go off. The prime minister wants more power and nothing better than a massacre to change people’s mind. I’m pro Israel but this doesn’t look right.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
A bunch of them have dual nationality, perhaps they should leave and return when the threat is no more. For the average Palestinian, this land is all he has. And I have followed your posts , without a doubt I am astonished by your take on the refugee crisis and how to deal with it, your posts lack empathy and disregard for the rights of the Palestinians.
I have absolutely no idea how you arrived at this conclusion. I have voiced nothing but the wish that the Palestinian people get provided with humanitarian aid and refuge. I have absolutely no idea how that constitutes a lack of empathy. But feel free to explain this to me.

All I said in the quoted post is that I understand how Israeli citizens can feel threatened and see Hamas as a threat to their existence. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Unless you see otherwise. So again, feel free to educate me.

E-mal

I have absolutely no idea how you arrived at this conclusion. I have voiced nothing but the wish that the Palestinian people get provided with humanitarian aid and refuge. I have absolutely no idea how that constitutes a lack of empathy. But feel free to explain this to me.

All I said in the quoted post is that I understand how Israeli citizens can feel threatened and see Hamas as a threat to their existence. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Unless you see otherwise. So again, feel free to educate me.
Same Citizens harrasing and killing Palestinians in the westbank? One would think the Palestinans should be the ones afraid of existential threat

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Same Citizens harrasing and killing Palestinians in the westbank? One would think the Palestinans should be the ones afraid of existential threat
I never claimed there is no existential threat towards Palestinians. So I really don’t understand the point you are trying to make.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
So you think an international consensus is easier achieved than Israel just not killing children? Telling.

And that lack of consensus is because they hate Israel?

Have you not seen the global refusal to accept refugees? But when Arabs do the same thing it's hate. Telling.

The Ukrainian refugees is an outlier, and there are theories why.

It's very odd with deaths to thousands of children's by a US backed and funded army, it's the surrounding Arabs you accuse of hate.

And it's not hushed up, all the Arab counties have taken Palestinian refugees over the decades. There is an estimated 8 million Palestinian refugees, mostly in Arab countries.

You're basically an anti Arab trope generator.
He's one of the worst posters I've ever had the displeasure to read and I just can't access to his profile to put him on ignore and spare myself his drivel. Any way to solve this?

Thank you for the kind words. My point still stands. I’m aware that they have a very difficult time to came back. As I’ve pointed out at multiple occasions. I simply believe that they themselves are the ones who should make their decisions based on these considerations and no one else. So if they were to decide to flee, even though they can’t come back, it’s their decision to do so. Not yours. Same if they choose to stay.
I’m also aware that many countries in these regions do house plenty refugees (however nice of you it is to pretend I don’t, for whatever reasons). This doesn’t change their morale obligation to me. An obligation that obviously extends to the western world, which shares the responsibility to do everything possible to aid these suffering people.
Sorry mate, I shouldn't have written that and even less make it a blanket statement.

Let's just agree to disagree and call it a day.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He's one of the worst posters I've ever had the displeasure to read and I just can't access to his profile to put him on ignore and spare myself his drivel. Any way to solve this?

Sorry mate, I shouldn't have written that and even less make it a blanket statement.

Let's just agree to disagree and call it a day.
I can live with that. I would just like to point out that the views I shared in regards to Palestinian refugees are not at all exclusive to this war. It is a view I hold about all conflicts in general. I absolutely believe that it is every single countries obligation to do whatever it can, to alleviate the suffering of people who fell victim to conflicts of any kind. And neighboring countries even more so, as they are closest and therefore in a position to offer the best help. These countries, however, need support by the rest of the world and can't be left alone with this enormous task. It is not exclusive to what is happening right now. And I don't judge the countries, who in my eyes are failing to help Palestinian refugees, any more harshly than I judge others, who make the same mistakes in other situations. To me there simply is no valid reason not to take in refugees. Even if the people at fault for the need to flee are happy to see them gone.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I can live with that. I would just like to point out that the views I shared in regards to Palestinian refugees are not at all exclusive to this war. It is a view I hold about all conflicts in general. I absolutely believe that it is every single countries obligation to do whatever it can, to alleviate the suffering of people who fell victim to conflicts of any kind. And neighboring countries even more so, as they are closest and therefore in a position to offer the best help. These countries, however, need support by the rest of the world and can't be left alone with this enormous task. It is not exclusive to what is happening right now. And I don't judge the countries, who in my eyes are failing to help Palestinian refugees, any more harshly than I judge others, who make the same mistakes in other situations. To me there simply is no valid reason not to take in refugees. Even if the people at fault for the need to flee are happy to see them gone.
I understand your point of view, and again I jumped in recklessly just to rant and took it out on you.

My emotions got the better of me and it's all on me.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Grim reading

That is pretty grim. Both sides (Israel and Hamas) are making it up as they go and the entire conflict is now in uncharted territory. The lack of a publicized Israeli strategy (other than to simply want to "get rid" of Hamas) is probably going to drag the trust in government numbers down even further over time. Even more so if the hostages don't come out of this alive.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I understand your point of view, and again I jumped in recklessly just to rant and took it out on you.

My emotions got the better of me and it's all on me.
No hard feelings. It is an highly emotional topic, after all.

gfactor86

What is the problem with this? Hamas in Gaza attacked them, they want the population to leave so they can get to Hamas and reduce civilian casualties.

Hamas didn't give the Israelis any warning before they raped and butchered them in cold blood.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
What is the problem with this? Hamas in Gaza attacked them, they want the population to leave so they can get to Hamas and reduce civilian casualties.

Hamas didn't give the Israelis any warning before they raped and butchered them in cold blood.
I dont know if it is true ir not what that tweet said, so i am basing this reply on "what is the problem? (If it were true)?": Are you fecking serious asking what is the proble. To deport 2.4 millions from a country that is not yours to a country thatvisbnot yours? Do you even think what you are posting? Do you know even the meaning of any of it? For any of this 2.4 millions? Do you think they will give them a condo, with a job, food, school, health care...WTF dude...everyone of your posts are ridiculous half cooked thoughts diattached of reality

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

You don’t see anything wrong with forcibly removing 2.4m of the native population out of their home and land? After already killing 7k of that population with 5k being women and kids? Are you for real?

gfactor86

I dont know if it is true ir not what that tweet said, so i am basing this reply on "what is the problem? (If it were true)?": Are you fecking serious asking what is the proble. To deport 2.4 millions from a country that is not yours to a country thatvisbnot yours? Do you even think what you are posting? Do you know even the meaning of any of it? For any of this 2.4 millions? Do you think they will give them a condo, with a job, food, school, health care...WTF dude...everyone of your posts are ridiculous half cooked thoughts diattached of reality
So you call Gaza an "open air prison" and when Israel suggests leaving the "prison" to be safe from Hamas and Israeli bombs. They are the bad guys?

gfactor86

You don’t see anything wrong with forcibly removing 2.4m of the native population out of their home and land? After already killing 7k of that population with 5k being women and kids? Are you for real?
So what's better?

tell them to stay in Gaza while they bomb Hamas targets.

or

leave Gaza to be safe while they bomb Hamas targets

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So you call Gaza an "open air prison" and when Israel suggests leaving the "prison" to be safe from Hamas and Israeli bombs. They are the bad guys?
Leaving an open air prison to go to an open air prison with tents with a fraction of the already miserable life they have

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So what's better?

or

What about stop bombing 3000 kids and women? Is not that stupod dichotomy

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So what's better?

or

Short of no bombing at all, the ideal situation would've been to create a UN run facility just outside Gaza in the Egyptian Sinai where civilians could remain until hostilities are over. This would allow them to stay out of harms way and still be able to go back in immediately after the fighting stops without the need to repatriate them from other countries. Obviously Sisi, Hamas, and the Israelis would need to agree to something like this.

gfactor86

Short of no bombing at all, the ideal situation would've been to create a UN run facility just outside Gaza in the Egyptian Sinai where civilians could remain until hostilities are over. This would allow them to stay out of harms way and still be able to go back in immediately after the fighting stops without the need to repatriate them from other countries. Obviously Sisi, Hamas, and the Israelis would need to agree to something like this.
Exactly

gfactor86

What about stop bombing 3000 kids and women? Is not that stupod dichotomy
if they were out of Gaza they wouldn't get caught up in the violence. That's the point of evacuating them.
The same way the British evacuated their children from major cities in WW2

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Tell me of a single Palestinian refugee that was allowed to return to their home after leaving for their safety.

stevoc

So what's better?

or

Here's a crazy idea. How about they just don't bomb a civilian population centre at all?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Tell me of a single Palestinian refugee that was allowed to return to their home after leaving for their safety.
That would be easily mitigated through an agreement among all parties before proceeding. The fact that they would be just outside Gaza would make it all the more easy to adhere to.

E-mal

Yeah right, you think this Israeli government will ever allow them back in gaza? Surely you know that

E-mal

That would be easily mitigated through an agreement among all parties before proceeding. The fact that they would be just outside Gaza would make it all the more easy to adhere to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Like Oslo agreements? Camp David? I could go on and on. The State of Israel have shown they dont care about agreements and nobody will bring them to order.

Since the Oslo agreement, settlements have trippled