Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Interesting that you only have to go a few pages back to 219/220 to see the types of disgusting and unlawful crimes/murders Israeli forces committed against Palestinians with barely any replies compared to the full chest responses now.
100%

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Interesting that you only have to go a few pages back to 219/220 to see the types of disgusting and unlawful crimes/murders Israeli forces committed against Palestinians with barely any replies compared to the full chest responses now.
I don’t think that’s a reflection on the caf at all. There’s an element of “news fatigue” about shit stuff happening to Palestinians. So you’re just not going to get the same engagement from whatever latest shitty thing happens to them. What’s happening now is considerably more unusual and, hence, will geenerate a lot more attention/posts.

JeffFromHK

It appears the scale of the hamas 'invasion' amounts to several hundred fighters, yet the media seems to report it as large scale invasion of Israel.
Now this is a big deal, but then you consider that what happened in Jenin just a few months ago when over 1,000 IDF soldiers (backed by their air force) raided the one refugee camp..
the lovely trick of how we manipulate feelings of who the "bad guys" are by toying with the numbers
if we take into account the context that 1000 IDF soldiers killed 13 in 3 days raid, and Hamas "mini-invasion" killed 100+ in the space of a couple hours, the feeling would be different.

IMO, There are no good guys or bad guys in this conflict, just two groups of people with minds clouded with hatred and desire for retaliation. Both sides are sinners and victims.

Superden

People should really watch the videos of what friendly Palestinian terrorists are doing to the dead bodies of Israelis, how they’re man handling captured Israeli women, imagine what they will do to her in the name of what their religion permits against the Jews? Why do I say religion? In every clip they’re screaming god is great.

I can’t wait for everyone to come out and condemn Israel for fighting back though against such peaceful people.
feck me, i really feel for you when your insides will literally explode when you find out what your israeli friends have been up to.

Superden

the lovely trick of how we manipulate feelings of who the "bad guys" are by toying with the numbers
if we take into account the context that 1000 IDF soldiers killed 13 in 3 days raid, and Hamas "mini-invasion" killed 100+ in the space of a couple hours, the feeling would be different.

IMO, There are no good guys or bad guys in this conflict, just two groups of people with minds clouded with hatred and desire for retaliation. Both sides are sinners and victims.
there are the 'more bad' guys..the ones responsible for the illegal occupation and the state committing war crimes and apartheid.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
People should really watch the videos of what friendly Palestinian terrorists are doing to the dead bodies of Israelis, how they’re man handling captured Israeli women, imagine what they will do to her in the name of what their religion permits against the Jews? Why do I say religion? In every clip they’re screaming god is great.

I can’t wait for everyone to come out and condemn Israel for fighting back though against such peaceful people.
At least try to have a balanced perspective. Embarrassing post. And if you think 'everyone' will support Israel's response just have a read through this thread, you are so clearly wrong.

DickDastardly

How about we (by "we" I mean the rest of the world) let them go full Von Clausewitz on each other and end it one way or the other.

History of the world is written by these kind of conflicts, it's in our nature.

It's pretty fecking obvious there's never gonna be a peaceful resolve of this shit, let's not kid ourselves here.

The Original

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east...y-israel/0000017f-ea1d-d4a6-af7f-fedfaedd0000

https://www.stimson.org/2023/what-drives-israel-iran-hostility-how-might-it-be-resolved/

Iran’s Islamists consider Israel an illegitimate state that has usurped Muslim/Arab lands and driven the Palestinians from their homeland. They believe Israel should be replaced by a non-denominational state in which Muslims and Jews live as equals. Some Iranian officials have expressed this view in terms that Israel has interpreted as threats to destroy it, like when former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke of wiping Israel off the pages of history, quoting Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the late leader of the 1979 revolution. However, this is not the only perspective within Iranian polity. Moderate and reformist elements accept Israel’s reality and its right to exist, alongside a Palestinian state

https://www.institutmontaigne.org/en/expressions/what-does-iran-really-want

Iran’s support for the Palestinian cause and its rhetoric of an ongoing war against Israel should be read in this context. If it was up to the Iranian people, a large majority would be in favor of normalizing relations with the Jewish state. And if seen from a sectarian perspective, Jerusalem is mostly a holy site of Sunni heritage and is not central to the Shia tradition. It is true that Ayatollah Khomeini was an early champion of the Palestinian cause, but in retrospect, that stance seems to have served more as an alibi to hide the narrowly Shia nature of his project. Iran’s anti-Israeli militancy serves multiple purposes, the most important of which is to argue that the Jewish state’s military power and behavior justify Iran’s own military and nuclear program. As to Iran’s arming of the Sunni movement Hamas in Gaza, it serves to maintain an indirect presence on Israel’s southwestern flank while driving a wedge into the Sunni front of Arab countries.

It feels like, one speech, several decades ago is being held onto and misinterpreted as cause justify in order to promote certain policies and geopolitics.

I see it more, they want a two state solution, rather than to destroy every Israeli.
You're reading from one person's opinion piece which offers scant evidence to support her assertions. Where is the evidence that an Iranian State that does not recognise Israel and calls it "occupied Palestine" wants a two-state solution?

We have Khomeini on record calling for the annihilation of Israel (promising it actually). following this, a bill has been submitted to the Iranian parliament to have Iran actively pursue the destruction of Israel as a formal and open State policy which the government will be required to achieve within a prescribed number of years. Granted, this bill has not yet been passed into law but it is strongly reflective of the state of mind of the Iranian establishment that such an abhorrent bill could be formulated and not tossed out immediately, with its murderous formulators punished. Of course, there may be many liberals among the ordinary Iranian people but this is not about the people.

This is of course, in addition to the fact that Iran has relentlessly pursued a shadow war against Israel for years, including arming every known opponent of Israel. When you add evidence of a hostile mind and a history of hostile acts together, it is very difficult to conclude that there is some goodwill there.

So can you point me to any official statement, act, overture or anything at all that shows Iran as being willing to countenance Israel as a State?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How about we (by "we" I mean the rest of the world) let them go full Von Clausewitz on each other and end it one way or the other.

It's pretty fecking obvious there's never gonna be a peaceful resolve of this shit, let's not kid ourselves here.
Ehh...what?

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's a couple pics of deceased Israelis after an attack. Not that gory.
Okay, you never know these days. Could have been filmed footage of the attack for all anyone knows before they open something. I generally don't try to shield myself too much from the reality of suffering, but I very much avoid that kind of thing. It does me no good.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Man, drones are wild. They can cause so much damage.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

I can’t help but think we’re getting closer to extinction on this planet. People behaving like it’s Middle Ages, not just here, ukraine etc. it’s all building up. I feel like it’s only a matter of time before someone brings nukes to the table then it’s game over for us all

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
News in the past hour and a half has been slow. Are Hamas still present in southern Israel?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I can’t help but think we’re getting closer to extinction on this planet. People behaving like it’s Middle Ages, not just here, ukraine etc. it’s all building up. I feel like it’s only a matter of time before someone brings nukes to the table then it’s game over for us all
This isn't new though. Cold War was arguably worse with more conflicts around the world.

JeffFromHK

there are the 'more bad' guys..the ones responsible for the illegal occupation and the state committing war crimes and apartheid.
true, illegally occupying land, committing war crimes and apartheid is a crime.

deliberately killing civilians and mutilating dead bodies for fun, building a corrupt government parasitizing on donations with zero regard for welfare of the general public, attempting to set up a coup in a regime that helps you and give you refuge (Black September says hello),TBH as an Asian with little emotional attachment to the either side, I don't think these are very honourable things either

DickDastardly

Well, yeah.

Medieval was fun and fair.
Maybe we need a mass reset into the medieval.

None of this drone, sharks with laser beams crap.

Find a nice field and battle it out. End of.

Till next time of course.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This is probably the beginning of the end for any hopes of a two state solution. There won't be any Palestine now and it will all come under Israel.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
But add in climate change, covid changing people for the worse etc. it’s all building up, can you not feel it?
No, not yet anyway.

Covid is done as some existential threat. Humanity survived pandemics before, and we've survived Covid. What do you mean "changing people for the worse"?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No, not yet anyway.

Covid is done as some existential threat. Humanity survived pandemics before, and we've survived Covid. What do you mean "changing people for the worse"?
I’ve noticed and other people I’ve spoken to have noticed that since covid people don’t give a shit anymore about any kind of morals etc. it changed people for the worse

anyway sorry I think I’m dragging off topic here

Bosws87

I’ve noticed and other people I’ve spoken to have noticed that since covid people don’t give a shit anymore about any kind of morals etc. it changed people for the worse

anyway sorry I think I’m dragging off topic here
Lay off the sauce.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Anyone seen that old lady they've kidnapped?
Probably has dementia, she's smiling in all the videos, they've even given her an AK and are taking pics with her.

Kaos

Yeah I think I'm bowing out of this thread for my own good.

Hope all Cafites there remain safe.

Though when fearless inevitably makes an appearance, I'd kindly ask the mods to perhaps look at the vehemently racist bile he churns out with impunity everytime.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Hard not to say that this has been coming.

Unfortunately this could well be a tinder spark for a bigger worldwide fire, especially with Iran weighing in.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Funny how no one talks about the ethnic cleansing of villages in large parts of the West Bank, the one with the illegal settlement nearby..

Funny how no one talks about the Judeo-extremist govt terrorists openly talking about ethnic cleansing.

The Balfour Deceleration should be revoked and the whole state of israel declared as an illegal occupying entity.