Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Giggsyking

My memory can't handle the amount of lies and BS in this thread.

I've stopped posting here because while there's so much that is correctly written against Israel and the IDF, there's also so much disinformation. No, there were no beheaded babies on October 7 as far as I know. But women were sexually assaulted. Those doing their best to deny that are disgusting. This just goes too far.
Put some examples of the lies about the IDF? You have a video above about an execution of a surrendering elderly man on camera, this video is leaked after obtaining the camera, one wonder how many of those 30,000 killed in the same way?

wait,
Why wonder

IDF killed their own hostages despite them waving white flags and surrendering.

Idxomer

The Gaza port will take up to 60 days for completion. I don't see how that's anything but part of the Biden propaganda announcing it right now. It definitely won't help Palestinians who are currently starving and dying every day because of malnutrition.

Last edited:

Amir

Israel is refusing to cooperate with the investigation, isnt that telling?
Not really. It's become more of a (stupid) principal thing not to cooperate.

At the same time, I'd say Israel is a piece of shit with quite a bit of evil in it. Hamas is a piece of shit with tons of evil in it - it's just a shame people are full of hatered towards Israel they try to clear Hamas of its crimes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Gaza port will take up to 60 days for completion. I don't see how that's anything but part of the Biden propaganda announcing it right now. It definitely won't help Palestinians who are currently starving and dying every day because of malnutrition.
The port seems like a longer term project. The only thing that will work in the present is a ceasefire that both sides agree to, involving concessions that both sides want.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Not really. It's become more of a (stupid) principal thing not to cooperate.

At the same time, I'd say Israel is a piece of shit with quite a bit of evil in it. Hamas is a piece of shit with tons of evil in it - it's just a shame people are full of hatered towards Israel they try to clear Hamas of its crimes.
How are you judging who is more evil out of Israel and Hamas? What measures?

Idxomer

The port seems like a longer term project. The only thing that will work in the present is a ceasefire that both sides agree to, involving concessions that both sides want.
I don't see how they will reach these concessions.

Israel won't agree to anything that will result in a permanent ceasefire, gradual withdrawal of their forces, or return of people to the north. Hamas and other factions won't agree to anything that doesn't achieve those 3 things in the end.

Maybe it's a bit reductive to say that but all these talks seem only to show that each party is doing something for their people.

Amir

How are you judging who is more evil out of Israel and Hamas? What measures?
I'm measuring it through one being a terrorist organization with clear intentions - killing Israelis and destroying Israel - and the other being a country with nine million inhabitants, most of whom are peaceful people who just want to get on with their lives.

Now, if I compare Gaza (including its citizens) to Israel, that's a different matter.

Amir

Put some examples of the lies about the IDF? You have a video above about an execution of a surrendering elderly man on camera, this video is leaked after obtaining the camera, one wonder how many of those 30,000 killed in the same way?
After five months, I'm so done with that game.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Of course.

As if Israel would let Gaza have any port or airport, or the US carries out something that would directly go against Israel's wishes. Having a port (not controlled by Israel) would undermine the blockade of the Strip.

If the port is indeed a long-term project, it involves the Gaza gas field about 20 miles off the coast.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Of course.

As if Israel would let Gaza have any port or airport, or the US carries out something that would directly go against Israel's wishes. Having a port (not controlled by Israel) would undermine the blockade of the Strip.

If the port is indeed long-term project, it involves the Gaza gas field about 20 miles off the coast.
It's the first of many projects FOR Israel when they take over the whole land.

The one thing we can infer from this is that they are about to end this genocide within two months...by killing every Palestinian man, woman, child and baby. AKA the end of Rafah.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I'm measuring it through one being a terrorist organization with clear intentions - killing Israelis and destroying Israel - and the other being a country with nine million inhabitants, most of whom are peaceful people who just want to get on with their lives.

Now, if I compare Gaza (including its citizens) to Israel, that's a different matter.
As much as I respect your opinion, you really can't do this kind of math. Not anymore.

I'm not absolving Hamas of their crimes and think that it will never acknowledge Israel as a state. But Israelis want to get on with their lives whilst willfully voting for decades for a government that's been actively seeking to extend the settlements, openly stated that it had no interest in a two state solution and undermined any party of the other side seeking a peaceful solution. They're is also perfectly okay with the open-air prison known as Gaza and the appalling Apartheid situation in the West Bank.

The Israelis in their majority don't want a Palestinian State and that was way before 10/7, otherwise Netanyahu would've never been in power for that long. How did you think it was going to end? From a personal experience, you remind me of good natured people living on the sunny side of an utterly unjust system and ask the heavens why the sky suddenly fell on their heads when the other, less lucky side happens to lash out.

Not a dig at you, I've read enough of your posts to know where you stand, but I'm sorry, Israel can't have its cake and eat it.

Last edited:

Amir

As much as I respect your opinion, you really can't do this kind of math. Not anymore.

I'm not absolving Hamas of their crimes and think that it will never acknowledge Israel as a state. But Israelis want to get on with their lives whilst willfully voting for decades for a government that's been actively seeking to extend the settlements and openly stated that it had no interest in a two state solution. They're also perfectly okay with the appalling Apartheid situation in the West Bank. The Israelis in their majority don't want a Palestinian State and that was way before 10/7. How do you think it was going to end? From a personal experience you remind me of good willed people living on the sunny side of an under utterly unjust system and ask the heavens when the sky suddenly falls on their heads.

Not a dig at you, I've read enough of your posts to know where you stand, but I'm sorry, Israel can't have its cake and eat it.
Rightly or wrongly, Israelis have been heavily burned by the terrorists attacks following the Oslo accords and then the second intifada. It turned most of them off the idea of a two state solution and made them look for security before anything else when voting. It also made it easier for the right to play on their fears when going to vote. Unfortunately, pessimism towards the Palestenians was probably proven right more times than wrong since the mid-nineties.

It's easy to blame Israelis for their vote, but their reasoning needs to be looked at as well.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Rightly or wrongly, Israelis have been heavily burned by the terrorists attacks following the Oslo accords and then the second intifada. It turned most of them off the idea of a two state solution and made them look for security before anything else when voting. It also made it easier for the right to play on their fears when going to vote. Unfortunately, pessimism towards the Palestenians was probably proven right more times than wrong since the mid-nineties.

It's easy to blame Israelis for their vote, but their reasoning needs to be looked at as well.
I fully understand that.

Hamas was, alongside Netanyahu, one of the opponents to the Oslo Accords. It acted accordingly after Ariel Sharon thought it was funny to take a walk to the Temple Mount about two months after the failed Camp David negotiations (I won't insult you by giving the details as of why they failed or why his walk was seen as a provocation). Both factually gave the signal to a disillusioned Palestinian side to launch the Second Intifada.

The same can be said from the Palestinian side. There's no military solution to this conflict and you know it. Israelis will never be safe as long as the Palestinians aren't, and don't have a state of their own. It's the right of any people on this Earth and that's a fact. If the Palestinian have theirs and get giddy about destroying Israel, which I highly doubt, then as you said in the wake of 10/7, "Bomb away".

Until then, Israel is an occupying power, a rogue ethno-state that doesn't even declare its own borders, with an awful defense force when it comes to basic human behavior, and no amount of military, diplomatic and financial support from a disgustingly biased West will save it from itself.

Last edited:

jadaba

Are there any cases of a people not being peaceful? Every people on earth fundamentally want to live peacefully. When a people are fine with a 'peace' for them that necessitates the extent of subjugation and killing we have seen, then you must accept there is a serious radicalisation problem across Israeli society.

No people are intrinsically 'unpeaceful', but I struggle to think of a comparable decades-long pattern from a peaceful society of the kind of political policies and bombing campaigns--most of which history tells us are detrimental to the prospect of peace--as we have seen from Israel. If Hamas' intentions are clear after decades of their violence, then after how many more decades of Israel's violence do we consider their intentions equally clear?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Ariel Sharon thought it was funny to take a walk to the Temple Mount about two months after the failed Camp David negotiations
On that, I recall a discussion with an Israeli historian, someone with a public profile in Israel who would describe himself as a proud Zionist and who was a bit of a mentor to me - he remarked quite seriously (although that is his default manner) that the Byzantines had the right idea using the Temple Mount as a rubbish dump and that the only sure solution to the problem of Jerusalem is to bulldoze the Old City in its entirety and use it as a car park or something.

rotherham_red

wait,
Why wonder

IDF killed their own hostages despite them waving white flags and surrendering.
Apparently he was deaf, just to top off the depravity that much more.

rotherham_red

Peaceful? The overwhelming majority of Israelis back the actions of the IDF's actions and a substantial portion of the country (approaching one third) are saying they aren't going far enough. That isn't telling me they're tired and want to get on with their lives...

Also, have just come across this:

It's a deeply depraved society, and I'm sorry if that offends.

gfactor86

It's a deeply depraved society, and I'm sorry if that offends.
A sweeping generalisation.

it's a secular, democratic and cosmopolitan society where women have the exact same rights as men and gay people can live their lives in the knowledge that they won't be thrown off a building for their sexual preferences.

gfactor86

Won't be much of an IDF left if they extended the policy to the whole army.
another generalisation.

all armies and the IDF are no different, have bad actors. There is no excuse for it. Remember Abu Gharib?

a huge percentage of the IDF are young kids who have been conscripted, probably terrified that they will lose their own lives fighting a war that they never asked for.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

it's a secular, democratic and cosmopolitan society where women have the exact same rights as men and gay people can live their lives in the knowledge that they won't be thrown off a building for their sexual preferences.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/30/up-to-six-stabbed-at-gay-pride-march-in-jerusalem

Man stabs people at gay pride march in Jerusalem for second time
Six revellers attacked by Yishai Schlissel, recently released from prison after serving 10 years for stabbing three people at gay pride parade in 2005

Also read up on Israel pinkwashing - loads of stuff to read.

Amir

Peaceful? The overwhelming majority of Israelis back the actions of the IDF's actions and a substantial portion of the country (approaching one third) are saying they aren't going far enough. That isn't telling me they're tired and want to get on with their lives...
it's easy to look at it and think it's outragous when you didn't live through October 7.

Peaceful people getting on with their lives includes not having Hamas just across the border, always threatning with more rockets and terrorist attacks.

As for the poll, I agree it looks bad, but the headline didn't mention what appears inside the article: A survey for Israel's Channel 12 television at the end of January suggested 72 percent of Israelis believed Gaza should not receive any aid while hostages are still being held.

You can say it shouldn't be a factor at all, of course, but there are more layers to this.

gfactor86

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/30/up-to-six-stabbed-at-gay-pride-march-in-jerusalem

Man stabs people at gay pride march in Jerusalem for second time
Six revellers attacked by Yishai Schlissel, recently released from prison after serving 10 years for stabbing three people at gay pride parade in 2005

Also read up on Israel pinkwashing - loads of stuff to read.
Thanks for searching high and low and finding an article from 9 years ago to support whatever point you're trying to make. Well done you.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

As long as they are jews. If not the rights are different. Also is a society profoundly ethnoracist and full of genocide abiding people with not a care in the world that kids dies of starvation...in the millions. And is a generalization, but a correct one with statistical numbers on hand

Roane

it's easy to look at it and think it's outragous when you didn't live through October 7.

Peaceful people getting on with their lives includes not having Hamas just across the border, always threatning with more rockets and terrorist attacks.

As for the poll, I agree it looks bad, but the headline didn't mention what appears inside the article: A survey for Israel's Channel 12 television at the end of January suggested 72 percent of Israelis believed Gaza should not receive any aid while hostages are still being held.

You can say it shouldn't be a factor at all, of course, but there are more layers to this.
It's easy to think 7 August is outrageous when you don't live as a Palestinian.

Since the start of 2023 ALONE, at least 483 Palestinians have been killed and more than 12,769 injured by Israeli forces and settlers in the occupied West Bank.

Since 1967, 750,000 to 1 million Palestinians have been arrested by Israel. As of October 2023, Israel held over 5,200 Palestinians prisoners, including at least 170 children. (By November 2023, the number of Palestinian prisoners, including suspected militants and Gazans had increased to 10,000.)

But Hamas....

Last edited:

Roane

It's true people won't be thrown of buildings for their sexual preferences. For example:

A CBS News investigation has found that many accused American pedophiles flee to Israel, and bringing them to justice can be difficult.
Jewish Community Watch (JCW), an American organization that tracks accused pedophiles, has been trying for years to find Karow and help bring him to justice.

JCW says Karow and other wanted men and women have been able to exploit a right known as the Law of Return, whereby any Jewish person can move to Israel and automatically gain citizenship.

Since the small organization started tracking accused pedophiles in 2014, it says more than 60 have fled from the U.S. to Israel. Given its limited resources to identify these individuals, JCW says the actual number is likely much larger.

"In Israel, tens of thousands of pedophiles operate on a daily basis without any problem," said Eliran Malki, head of the Matzof Association.

Disgraced Hollywood director Brett Ratner, who stands accused by multiple women of rape and sexual harassment, revealed last week he relocated to Israel just days after being a special guest of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the UN General Assembly in New York.

Hollywood director, Bryan Singer, who moved to Israel several years ago after being accused of rape and sexual assault of several minors.

head of Magen for Jewish Communities, an Israeli NGO that tracks sexual predators, revealed that “there are about 100 rabbis, teachers, and other figures who have been accused, charged or convicted of sexual abuse overseas and subsequently found refuge in Israel.”

Tomas Zeron, who is wanted in connection to the disappearance of 43 students in southwestern Mexico in 2014.

Zeron is also accused of embezzling over $50 million and torturing suspects.

western media reports revealed earlier this year that Israeli authorities are “unlikely” to extradite Zeron as “payback” for Mexico's support of the Palestinian cause and their approval of UN inquiries into Israeli war crimes against Palestinians.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, I know. You were posting here months ago about how you didn't feel bad that Palestinian children would be bombed, as long as it guaranteed your safety and the safety of IDF soldiers.
This is just a manipulation of language and not what anyone actually understands as 'peaceful' and 'wanting to get on.'

Last edited:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
On that, I recall a discussion with an Israeli historian, someone with a public profile in Israel who would describe himself as a proud Zionist and who was a bit of a mentor to me - he remarked quite seriously (although that is his default manner) that the Byzantines had the right idea using the Temple Mount as a rubbish dump and that the only sure solution to the problem of Jerusalem is to bulldoze the Old City in its entirety and use it as a car park or something.
I would nuke it (after evacuating the inhabitants), if it were in my hands. Then build there a nuclear power plant based on Chernobyl's.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Beyond that point about peace, the terms of this recent discussion are a bit strange. You can't define Israel as the people who live there and then compare them to Hamas (a military/political organization) as they are not the same thing. You would have to compare Israel to Palestine. You can compare Israel to Hamas if you are defining Israel as the state and its political/military goals.

The latter is what people are usually talking about, regardless of any issues that may be present in Israeli society.

Amir

Yes, I know. You were posting here months ago about how you didn't feel bad that Palestinian children would be bombed, as long as it guaranteed your safety and the safety of IDF soldiers.
This is just a manipulation of language and not what anyone actually understands as 'peaceful' and 'wanting to get on.'
It might not be what someone not living in the region understands. But I guess there's a difference between actually being here to living elsewhere and thinking you can lecture others about what is happening here.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It might not be what someone not living in the region understands. But I guess there's a difference between actually being here to living elsewhere and thinking you can lecture others about what is happening here.
With respect Amir, is the point not that basically any people on the planet are 'peaceful' as long as it's on their terms?

I'm sure the Russians would be classed as peaceful people if Ukraine and the baltics just acquiesed and did what they were told. I'm sure the Afrikaner south Africans would be peaceful people if the black south Africans just stayed quiet and did what they were told.

Idxomer

Beyond that point about peace, the terms of this recent discussion are a bit strange. You can't define Israel as the people who live there and then compare them to Hamas (a military/political organization) as they are not the same thing. You would have to compare Israel to Palestine. You can compare Israel to Hamas if you are defining Israel as the state and its political/military goals.

The latter is what people are usually talking about, regardless of any issues that may be present in Israeli society.
Yeah, I don't know how it moved to be about a comparison between the average citizen and Hamas. It was obvious that the poster meant the government/illegal settlers/the IDF who are all no better than Hamas in either their actions or goals.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Tunnels, Tunnels everywhere.

You can set a post apocalyptical film here.

One of the great IOF pastimes to just blow everything up.

Raven

Disgusting. Calling a bunch of genocide supporters "peaceful people" is utterly abhorrent. It would be like me coming in here calling the average Nazi peaceful. It's preposterous.