It is ever possible to speak positively about a win?

Ss3bba

There's nothing annoying as the abusive posts meted to members of our team after every game. I do understand the frustration and annoyance but the amount of abuse is so sickening. Another issue is the comparisons being made in the match day forum; before we'd played 10 minutes people were already comparing us to city and how rubbish we're. A few months ago, that was Spurs and 2 years ago it was Klopp and Liverpool. None of those teams have won anything but that hasn't stopped the comparisons with a team that still wins during the rebuilding period

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It is not my point.

I would like to see if most of those draws/losses and goals conceded were brought on by us just giving up and taking our foot off the gas.
If my memory serves me correct, the 5-5 was shit defending and we were 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 up.

The loss at OT in the Moyes era was one of the worst performance at OT I have ever witnessed.

The loss the following year was a game where we had 80% possession and created jack shit. Then we had the pathetic performance the following year where they dominated us after Mata got sent off.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
You are right

The negativity on here will drive a lot of people away.

Its gotten to the stage where one just feels like avoiding the football forums altogether. Hopefully the mods do something about it.

We were out of the the title race last September. We have improved massively from last season, and City are having one of the best starts to any European title campaign in recent memory.

I have asked this before, but how the hell do some of the people here cope with any adversity in life?
Agreed. The caf is a fecking mess atm, I just wish the mods would bring the old newbie system back and ban the idiots who only come on here to moan about everything.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
This is exactly the kind of football we were used to towards the end of the fergie era, and people weren't happy with it back then either. It's not about being in transition, with the pragmatic style we play (and played) we're always going to look like this. People who are expecting us to reach higher levels than this are probably in for a disappointment.
That's true.

But we are in massive transition.

I reckon that another problem is that people are casting envious glances at what City are doing and that clouds their judgment.

The negativity on here feels even worse than last season, and that was generally a much poorer season. Its evident that things are getting better. Maybe not at the same pace as some would want, but we are making progress nonetheless.

Minimalist

There's a thread about Lukaku not celebrating and (I might be wrong) but the idea was to criticise him. Those are the standards here, at the moment.

We've two threads about sitting back and inviting pressure, when that has been a problem for years and years.
And my first post in that Lukaku thread was to say 'Why do people care about this?'. Bit of a daft thread but there's fecking plenty of them created every week.

Don't know why it was wrong to discuss how effective 'sitting back' is either, even if it didn't require two threads.

Verminator

Mutv just said that after the first 18 games 41 points we have has only been bettered 3 times. City this year(52), Chelsea once(43), and Arsenal in their unbeaten year(42).

We still shit ourselves in the last 20 minutes though, which is a shame, because earlier in the season, we were racking up the goals in the last 10 minutes.

RedIke

If I wanted to be entertained, I'd put on a movie or go to a comedy show. I want to watch my team win.

Between the negative views on victories, and the inferiority complex that seems to have taken over Manchester United supporters, it's more work than any to regularly visit football forums.

Also, there is just a large amount of dumb shit spewed to top off the spiral.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's true.

But we are in massive transition.

I reckon that another problem is that people are casting envious glances at what City are doing and that clouds their judgment.

The negativity on here feels even worse than last season, and that was generally a much poorer season. Its evident that things are getting better. Maybe not at the same pace as some would want, but we are making progress nonetheless.
The fact we are scoring more goals, but people are still moaning, if we get four, it's rubbish, should get five. A couple of years back we couldn't create a chance nevermind score a goal.

K2K

And my first post in that Lukaku thread was to say 'Why do people care about this?'. Bit of a daft thread but there's fecking plenty of them created every week.

Don't know why it was wrong to discuss how effective 'sitting back' is either, even if it didn't require two threads.
They are sensible critics on here, and I am all for that. Not everything is rosy with United and there is certainly room for improvement. I would never want this place to turn into a Kumbaya zone where we lavish all our players with praise.

But then there is the moronic criticism that we see on here recently which is just annoying. The matchday thread is full of those kinds. But it seems now people are now so brazen as to move such posts from the matchday thread to the rest of the forum. I don't see the need for the "Jose is a clown", "Lukaku is a donkey" posts that we see all over. The problem with such posts is that posters on the other side usually resort to fighting back with something just as ridiculous in return, and it is just a mess.

Minimalist

If I wanted to be entertained, I'd put on a movie or go to a comedy show. I want to watch my team win.

Between the negative views on victories, and the inferiority complex that seems to have taken over Manchester United supporters, it's more work than any to regularly visit football forums.

Well as the LVG era showed, supporters will have different preferences in that regard.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The fact we are scoring more goals, but people are still moaning, if we get four, it's rubbish, should get five. A couple of years back we couldn't create a chance nevermind score a goal.
We're 10 goals away from equaling our tally from 15/16. With Pogba back, we could do that in three games.

DomesticTadpole

Mutv just said that after the first 18 games 41 points we have has only been bettered 3 times. City this year(52), Chelsea once(43), and Arsenal in their unbeaten year(42).

We still shit ourselves in the last 20 minutes though, which is a shame, because earlier in the season, we were racking up the goals in the last 10 minutes.
That unbeaten year of Arsenal, the number of jammy draws. Yet it is held up as though they always swept teams aside.

dichinero

This is what people want to talk about, not the result against West Bromwich, which should be out of the question. But somehow the discussions are labelled negative, hateful, agenda driven and abusive. If people don't want to have discussions, they are not obliged. Simple

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think I have about 15 people on ignore. Maybe it's just better to lay off the forum for a while. It's really bad.
You know you have too many on ignore when you have people constantly talking to themselves.

Minimalist

They are sensible critics on here, and I am all for that. Not everything is rosy with United and there is certainly room for improvement. I would never want this place to turn into a Kumbaya zone where we lavish all our players with praise.

But then there is the moronic criticism that we see on here recently which is just annoying. The matchday thread is full of those kinds. But it seems now people are now so brazen as to move such posts from the matchday thread to the rest of the forum. I don't see the need for the "Jose is a clown", "Lukaku is a donkey" posts that we see all over. The problem with such posts is that posters on the other side usually resort to fighting back with something just as ridiculous in return, and it is just a mess.
Perhaps they're being removed before I see them but I've rarely seen posts like that in any threads I visit. If its in the match day threads fair enough - not always viewing those. I would assume posters like that tend to post things like that pretty regularly so it's easy to spot them (and deal with them accordingly).

IppoKun

Supports
Benfica
Agreed. The caf is a fecking mess atm, I just wish the mods would bring the old newbie system back and ban the idiots who only come on here to moan about everything.
I don't know what this old newbie system was back then, but there are a lot of "Full member" here that shouldn't have passed from "New members". And to be honest, the ambient here is so bad that I don't think much of the New Members want to stay around, especially when there's this newbie system on that it was supposed to bring quality to the main forum by filtering bad posters, but it is just failing hard, judging from the ambient here and lack of quality posts in general.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Nope not WBA or Bournemouth.

You want to see an interesting stat: Our last 10 games against WBA:

Won 4, Drawn 3, Lost 3, Scored 17, Conceded 12.

First time in history that West Brom piled the pressure on Manchester United, right?
I was at old Trafford for the 0-1 defeat by West Brom under LVG. I don't think I've ever felt so flat after watching us live in my life. I said after the game that LVG was not the man.

Jose however is the man. I fear for this club when the bell ends drive him out of his job. There isn't another manager out there who will do better than him IMO.

K2K

I remember the last season under Van Gaal where we struggled for goals.

That season we scored 49 league goals over 38 games.

Last season we scored 54 goals over 38 games.

We have 39 goals after just 18 games this season.

DomesticTadpole

I remember the last season under Van Gaal where we struggled for goals.

That season we scored 49 league goals over 38 games.

Last season we scored 54 goals over 38 games.

We have 39 goals after just 18 games this season.
So at the moment over two goals a game. That will win you most of your games.

Seveneric

This is why some of you want to hang yourselves when you read about another person enjoying good football even if it's rival team playing.

Andersons Dietician

I don't know what this old newbie system was back then, but there are a lot of "Full member" here that shouldn't have passed from "New members". And to be honest, the ambient here is so bad that I don't think much of the New Members want to stay around, especially when there's this newbie system on that it was supposed to bring quality to the main forum by filtering bad posters, but it is just failing hard, judging from the ambient here and lack of quality posts in general.
Exactly, some of the worst posts are from full members. People can’t just blame the newbies.

Devil may care

When I see people complaining about everyone not being sheep and wanting to stifle individual views and just get on some hive mind kick I think it defeats the purpose of a message board, people are too often in need of seeing people agree with them to somehow enjoy a forum.

Home&Away

Why should we talk positively about the win when the win wasn't positive one?

Fully Fledged

And another thread moaning about people moaning. Why is it such a problem that some people are unhappy with our style of play?

As I said in the other thread that has just been started to try to stop people posting their opinion on the CAF if it doesn't agree with yours, I'm not moaning at the moment but I will defend other people's right to if that is how they feel.

Witchking

There are some who look at city, however there are others who like to see a United team play well when City comes to OT and expect United to mount an attack when playing Liverpool and win with confidence and not sit and hoof the last 10 minutes of a game defending a 1 goal lead.

I understand United are a work in progress, but that does not mean we just have plan A of clearing the ball and hoping that there is an United player underneath and when the ball is won, think of what to do next. This part of the game is what sometimes stops us from creating good chances and helps the opposition when they win the ball in the air and start an attack.

If we did not give City that much space, they would not keep growing in confidence and keep the ball moving and putting our defence under pressure to keep hoofing and clearing and expect Lukaku, Martial and Rashford to keep feeding of scraps.

Red_toad

The negativity is actually sickening. Not a perfect performance, but we won again. That's 6 out of our last 7, but it's immediately followed up by about three/four shite threads.

Also, I'm interested to know what it was like to support United during the Liverpool era? Did we even have fans back then? And if so, how did you guys survive?

#SayNoToNegaThreads
Going into every season knowing Liverpool were going to win all the major trophies was expected. As a United fan back then, I can say I for one looked at what was good with the team. I was far far more defensive of my team than a lot of the modern supporters are, seems despising certain players is the hip thing to do now. Let's not forget we have no one in our squad as poor as the players I used to watch. I think some of our younger fans will have fallen out of love with the team by the time they get over 40, as spending so much time moaning about the club can't be healthy long term.
Back then match going fans were more like our current away fans, stuck by the team no matter what. Lose and by the end of the week it was forgotten and on to the next game.

walkinhop

Personally, I had to get it out of my system. The 2-3 posts following specific matches were required and don't really regret them. The frustration towards some players and the tactics is over, however.

I'm much calmer now, having deleted the poison. I watch the matches with the same feelings i had when Van Gaal was in charge. Now, now. Can't compare Mourinho to him and the improvement really good. Unfortunately, I still feel like we are not on the right track, I'm still not optimistic that Jose is going to achieve big things. I was extremely happy when we wan Europa and hope we can have great results in the future. It's just that i don't trust the directors, as this looks like yet another short-term fix. It's a topic for another thread, including DoF, etc.

TL;DR My personal negativity is over, i needed the cleansing and got it. Now it's hoping for good results and enjoying the positives in waiting for a larger shakeup.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Great to get the 3 points but to act like there aren't any valid concerns about that 2nd half performance is pretty delusional.

Should we all just hold hands and sing Christmas Carols? This is a United forum - You discuss the good and the bad. The good being that we won, the bad being that our play has been pretty shoddy. There are areas we need to improve and wins don't change that.

K2K

So at the moment over two goals a game. That will win you most of your games.
Exactly.

Perhaps its because I have followed up on a lot of our history when our last great manager retired(Sir Matt) and the struggles then, that I realize that it wont be easy.

To be honest, we seriously messed up the Sir Alex replacement too, but we seem to have finally gotten our ship into order. You can even see that most of Mourinho's signings are improving us. That gives me hope that we are going in the right direction.

This period of our history is unlikely to be easy, we are unlikely to dominate English football the way we did in the past.

DomesticTadpole

When I see people complaining about everyone not being sheep and wanting to stifle individual views and just get on some hive mind kick I think it defeats the purpose of a message board, people are too often in need of seeing people agree with them to somehow enjoy a forum.
Some come on here with the intension of moaning from the start. They say we will lose before we kick off. They moan about the lineups. The the game starts and we aren't Manchester City. It isn't constructive moaning, it is moaning for the sake of it. Nobody thinks we don't have problems. Hopefully we will put that right. We are scoring more, we are for the most part defending better. We do need signings. As I have said before I hope we make the right signings to make us a quicker, more attacking side. The way Bale keeps cropping up has me worried. That is a signing for the wrong reason and years too late.

Crustanoid

The negativity is actually sickening. Not a perfect performance, but we won again. That's 6 out of our last 7, but it's immediately followed up by about three/four shite threads.

Also, I'm interested to know what it was like to support United during the Liverpool era? Did we even have fans back then? And if so, how did you guys survive?

#SayNoToNegaThreads
It was ace back in the 80s. We were genuinely crap at a number of points which made our rise all the more enjoyable.

It’s the plastic age and entitled fans left right and centre who have killed it. Well specifically, Chelsea who strangled it to death, followed by Mansour landing the fatal dagger blow and then PSG setting fire to the corpse

James Peril

I’m usually a negative fecker, but never after an away win after a midweek game (where we also won). Sure it’s depressing not being cooler to watch, but that’s down to the manager and players. We won’t play beautiful with Herrera, Lingard, Rashford, Mata and Lukaku on the pitch. They just aren’t technical enough, we can’t really expect much more. Sure if Pogba, Martial and Mkhi (on a good day) plays, I expect combinations and good runs, but this team did what I expected it do - so no complaints.

Onto the next one, where Martial and Pogba should start and give us more penache.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I just want to state for the record that no matter how critical or even piss-takey I can be, I’m always happy with 3 points.

Games like this were draws last year so we have, at the very least, improvements in results.

DomesticTadpole

Exactly.

Perhaps its because I have followed up on a lot of our history when our last great manager retired(Sir Matt) and the struggles then, that I realize that it wont be easy.

To be honest, we seriously messed up the Sir Alex replacement too, but we seem to have finally gotten our ship into order. You can even see that most of Mourinho's signings are improving us. That gives me hope that we are going in the right direction.

This period of our history is unlikely to be easy, we are unlikely to dominate English football the way we did in the past.
Think people forget that and that things just fall into place. It has to be the right manager at the right time.

Footyislife

Winning is great, but don't kid yourselves, we aren't winning. Winning means pulling in the EPL trophy at the end of the year. Which we aren't going to do.

If winning is not possible then I'd like to see evolution towards that. What we've been seeing the last few weeks is a team trying to hang on. That's not evolution and that's what most fans are pissed about. On top of that it's not very entertaining to watch.

Now if we win the CL with this kind of play, then I'll admit I'm wrong. But we all know that is extremely unlikely.