It was 8 years ago today ...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And we haven't scored a hattrick since 2017. Last league hattrick was RVP winning the title for us in 2013. Only other hattrick post Fergie was Rooney v Brugge. I miss hattricks.
RVP vs Olympiakos.

Raw

Zlatan vs St. Etienne too.

Though yeah we didn't score any league hattricks since Fergie last year.
Mentioned that above, the one we scored in 2017 :)

So basically we as a team have scored 3 hat-tricks since Fergie retired. City and Liverpool get more than that in a season! An utterly abysmal record over 6 seasons and simply shows how badly we've lacked goals and a proper attack over the years.

el3mel

Mentioned that above, the one we scored in 2017 :)

So basically we as a team have scored 3 hat-tricks since Fergie retired. City and Liverpool get more than that in a season! An utterly abysmal record over 6 seasons and simply shows how badly we've lacked goals and a proper attack over the years.
Yeah it's shambolic.

lysglimt

Scout
In fairness it was an awful Arsenal-team. Didn't both Jenkinson and Coquelin make their debut ?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I was listening to Andy Mitten's great interview with Berba on the UWS podcast the other day (highly recommended to anyone who hasn't heard it by the way).

He said that the first time the 18 year old Ando met Ferguson, he shouted "how the hell are you, friend?" and proceeded to give a shocked Ferguson a massive bear hug.

Apparently he also proudly exclaimed that he would take Fabio and Rafael under his wing and teach them both English (despite the fact he could barely speak English himself) which led to him taking the piss and teaching them nonsensical phrases like "my car won't fly".

I wish it had worked out for him more on the pitch as I think he would be remembered with the same sort of fondness Evra is. The fact that Ferguson loved him and kept him round mostly for his dressing room influence despite the fact that he could barely speak a word of English really shows what an infectiously positive personality he must have been.
Great stuff!

Ando is genuinely one of my favorite ever United players, even though he barely played in his time here.