Italian Serie A 2018-19

James Peril

The Serie A is decided after 13 games, incredible. Napoli have no chance at all

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Napoli 0-0 Chievo FT :wenger:

Well, Juve are definitely winning the league if it all goes normally. These are supposed to be easy points for a team like Napoli, the Roma draw and this one are shocking results especially given how those games went.

No idea what happened today but they looked half as dangerous as they usually do. Don't understand why Milik wasn't subbed on.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
That Milan side is so depleted with injuries. Look at the state of that defense. Lazio win for me.

James Peril

Well, Juve are definitely winning the league if it all goes normally. These are supposed to be easy points for a team like Napoli, the Roma draw and this one are shocking results especially given how those games went.

No idea what happened today but they looked half as dangerous as they usually do. Don't understand why Milik wasn't subbed on.
Milik was subbed on and played 30+ minutes

Kostur

海尔的老板

He's done after his two ACLs imo.

In the other good news, Piątek scored.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
They look competitive again this season, tbh. Ancelotti also knows his shit very well.
TBH so far they have not looked as solid as last year. Apart from the 4 games where they dropped points they also risked a lot with Milan,Lazio and Genoa and they conceded opportunities in almost all the games they played. They are conceding more goals and scoring slightly less.
On their best days they still can inflict damages on anybody but the league is a marathon game not a sprint, that's why juve has always dominated it in the history because apart from the players strength that is obviously key, it relies on discipline and ability to perform weeks in and weeks out, not to loose the plot if something goes against you, like it always does over 38 games.
The games against Chievo is a perfect example. Juve was loosing it until around 10 minutes from the end and by the way with a clear penalty for Juve not allowed. After the equaliser Juve still managed to score another at the 91st minute that was disallowed and immediately after, instead of wasting time protesting it created 2 more chances and scored with Bernardeschi.
Napoli was unable to create that sense of urgency and not for lack of talent, its supporters moan about the performance that they know was awful but still cannot stop themselves from complaining about a penalty that was very doubtful at best, non existent in reality.

There is a clear technical and financial gap in Juve's favour, but despite that I am convinced that the biggest gap is still in the mentality vs most Serie A competition.
December is a very tough month for us although Juve tend to play better vs stronger teams than vs weaker opposition. I would be glad to close this cycle with 5-6 points vs Napoli

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
TBH so far they have not looked as solid as last year. Apart from the 4 games where they dropped points they also risked a lot with Milan,Lazio and Genoa and they conceded opportunities in almost all the games they played. They are conceding more goals and scoring slightly less.
On their best days they still can inflict damages on anybody but the league is a marathon game not a sprint, that's why juve has always dominated it in the history because apart from the players strength that is obviously key, it relies on discipline and ability to perform weeks in and weeks out, not to loose the plot if something goes against you, like it always does over 38 games.
The games against Chievo is a perfect example. Juve was loosing it until around 10 minutes from the end and by the way with a clear penalty for Juve not allowed. After the equaliser Juve still managed to score another at the 91st minute that was disallowed and immediately after, instead of wasting time protesting it created 2 more chances and scored with Bernardeschi.
Napoli was unable to create that sense of urgency and not for lack of talent, its supporters moan about the performance that they know was awful but still cannot stop themselves from complaining about a penalty that was very doubtful at best, non existent in reality.

There is a clear technical and financial gap in Juve's favour, but despite that I am convinced that the biggest gap is still in the mentality vs most Serie A competition.
December is a very tough month for us although Juve tend to play better vs stronger teams than vs weaker opposition. I would be glad to close this cycle with 5-6 points vs Napoli
Yep, yesterday's game reminded me of the reason why Napoli can't compete with Juventus.

Pagh Wraith

I want to attend Milan v Fiorentian on 22 Dec. Is there any way of buying tickets online (preferably through the club) without that Cuore Rossonero card?

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I want to attend Milan v Fiorentian on 22 Dec. Is there any way of buying tickets online (preferably through the club) without that Cuore Rossonero card?
their website as a ticket facility, not sure if the card is required though

Ludens the Red

Napoli finished with 91 points last season. It wasn't enough. They're not good enough to reach 95. Juventus can do that in third gear.

And yes, i don't think Cristiano is going to be much of a difference maker in the league compared to higuain. He's going to win them gamesthe same way Higuain did. He'll probably score more goals than Higuain did last season, not sure he'll score more than he did two years ago, but ultimately, they swapped a guy who repeatedly won them games when they needed him to, for another guy who's going to do the same, only better/more efficiently. The number of times they'll need him to do that won't change though. In fact, it might even go down. The difference between Cristiano and 16/17 Higuain for them is getting to 94 points in second gear instead of third, at best. 10/10 is 10/10, even if one 10 is better than the other
Not much difference between Higuain and Ronaldo :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not much difference between Higuain and Ronaldo :lol:
What's the difference between finishing on 95 points and winning the league and finishing on 105 points and winning the league? Breaking records. You still win the league though

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What's the difference between finishing on 95 points and winning the league and finishing on 105 points and winning the league? Breaking records. You still win the league though
And how do you know they'd win the league if they had Higuain instead?

Similarly to the way Bayern were not guaranteed to win the Bundesliga again, Juve weren't guaranteed to win it either. Complacency sets in, players lose form, etc.. shit happens.

Besides, the sooner they win the league, the more rest they'll be able to have for the Champions League.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And how do you know they'd win the league if they had Higuain instead?

Similarly to the way Bayern were not guaranteed to win the Bundesliga again, Juve weren't guaranteed to win it either. Complacency sets in, players lose form, etc.. shit happens.

Besides, the sooner they win the league, the more rest they'll be able to have for the Champions League.
Heh, good points. In the territory of what ifs though. I'm more comparing the last two seasons with this one. As i've said, this season will go in much the same way as 16/17. Juventus will coast in the league. Last season's juventus would still be the best side in the league by far top to bottom to bench. And Higuain was so good for them in the league that they didn't need an upgrade to keep winning. Going from him to Cristiano wasn't a necessity, it was overkill

It's in the team's mentality were Cristiano is having the biggest impact right now. Then we'll see what he does in the CL

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Absolutely unbelievable once again... how the hell is that not a penalty? Juve are getting a clear penalty denied once a game, with VAR.

2 penalties against, 1 for them so far in Serie A... incredible. Benatia against Milan was a penalty but this one and the one vs Cagliari aren't given?

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Absolutely unbelievable once again... how the hell is that not a penalty? Juve are getting a clear penalty denied once a game, with VAR

2 penalties against, 1 for so in Serie A... incredible.
I hate how when there's a controversial decision against Juventus nothing is said, but when there is a controversial decision for Juve its everywhere. Juve is not helped by the referees more than any other top club.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Absolutely unbelievable once again... how the hell is that not a penalty? Juve are getting a clear penalty denied once a game, with VAR.

2 penalties against, 1 for them so far in Serie A... incredible. Benatia against Milan was a penalty but this one and the one vs Cagliari aren't given?
This was more 50/50 honestly. Arm is straight on the ground for balance, not wide. And from one angle it looks like it might even have hit him in the back before the arm. Could have been given, but you're goin way overboard here. Benatia vs Milan was stonewall. The one vs cagliari yeah, it was so bad i believe the ref in question has been demoted

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I don't understand this cries about injustice against Juventus, I mean what's the point if you are running away with the title every season.

I rarely hear PSG fans complaining about Ligue 1 referees, but every week I come into this thread and see complaints about the ref not giving Juve more penalties:p

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus

I do not think it was a penalty in either case good decision IMO, but you can bet your house that if it was in our box Neapolitans and the rest would not stop crying for a decade or so. Referee was quite good overall, only mistakes was the card to Mandzukic that was ridiculous while Ronaldo and another fiorentina player deserved one

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I do not think it was a penalty in either case good decision IMO, but you can bet your house that if it was in our box Neapolitans and the rest would not stop crying for a decade or so. Referee was quite good overall, only mistakes was the card to Mandzukic that was ridiculous while Ronaldo and another fiorentina player deserved one
of course we would :lol: why is this even an issue for you though

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
This was more 50/50 honestly. Arm is straight on the ground for balance, not wide. And from one angle it looks like it might even have hit him in the back before the arm. Could have been given, but you're goin way overboard here. Benatia vs Milan was stonewall. The one vs cagliari yeah, it was so bad i believe the ref in question has been demoted
It's the acumulation of it that's incredible, 50-50 calls pretty much every game and it's going against them every time. I don't know what's causing this but I've watched pretty much every Juve game and it's not normal what's happening. The ref has clearly been shitting his pants due to the crowd in this game, he should have called it and when it went to VAR it would have 100% stood.

We're talking about what's pretty likely to be the most dominant Serie A season ever and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with more penalties against them than for them at this rate :lol:

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I don't understand this cries about injustice against Juventus, I mean what's the point if you are running away with the title every season.

I rarely hear PSG fans complaining about Ligue 1 referees, but every week I come into this thread and see complaints about the ref not giving Juve more penalties:p
I think you are missing the point entirely here. Most Juve fans do not give a shit about bad referee decisions, we have lost 3 CL finals with (Not because)bad referee calls against us FFS.

The point is that Juve is constantly accused by everybody to receive always only favourable decisions in the league and that is blatantly untrue. That is the only reason sometimes Juve fans underline them.
And btw PSG fans were crying, and rightly so, over the referee in Naples a few weeks ago

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

You are hearing it from Ronaldo fans, and you know why.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
It's the acumulation of it that's incredible, 50-50 calls pretty much every game and it's going against them every time. I don't know what's causing this but I've watched pretty much every Juve game and it's not normal what's happening. The ref has clearly been shitting his pants due to the crowd in this game, he should have called it and when it went to VAR it would have 100% stood.

We're talking about what's pretty likely to be the most dominant Serie A season ever and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with more penalties against them than for them at this rate :lol:
but that is not news, and it is exactly the reason why other clubs and fans use this tactics to influence penalties, since giving a doubtful penalty in Juve's favour can create way more problems than not giving a good one as we have seen many times. It is not by chance that despite always having the best or second best attack we are only sixth in the penalty rankings over the last 10 years

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

If any team in the world had a consecutive run of shit refereeing against them that Juve have had, you'd hear about it. It's incredible what's been happening game after game.

You are hearing it from Ronaldo fans, and you know why.
Right... I'm biased so I can't tell the truth. That's a new one, you need to tattoo that on your forehead.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Post-Empoli, where a pretty big 50/50 call went their way and dug them out of trouble, kind of expected honestly. I think the ref made the right call on this one, 50/50, possibly not even that if the ball did indeed bounce off defenders back first, midway through the first half...just let them play on. Nothing to complain with the ref if he gives it, but he made the best decision imho.

Juventus players, particarly Bonucci, tend to be given a lot of leeway in any case. This isn't exclusive to juventus of course

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
because I am fed up of people that spend their time complaining about referees
Man, who cares. You're not winning thanks to the refs, you know it, let people who want to rage at the clouds do it. Me personally, and i'm a real madrid fan, people complainong just makes me happier :lol:

PuyolC

Supports
Barcelona
If any team in the world had a consecutive run of shit refereeing against them that Juve have had, you'd hear about it. It's incredible what's been happening game after game.

Right... I'm biased so I can't tell the truth. That's a new one, you need to tattoo that on your forehead.
What's incredible is that you don't understand that those aren't penalties. What's even more incredible is that you keep telling everyone that those are penalties even after the referee checked VAR and made the decision. And the referee of this match is Orsato, the same guy who didn't send off Pjanic against Inter last year.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What's incredible is that you don't understand that those aren't penalties. What's even more incredible is that you keep telling everyone that those are penalties even after the referee checked VAR and made the decision. And the referee of this match is Orsato, the same guy who didn't send off Pjanic against Inter last year.
If you don't think that one or the one vs Cagliari is a penalty then you have no clue. The one today where a player slides with his arm on the floor is always given, always. Especially at that distance... but whatever, I'm the biased one, you're the one with an account made solely to contradict me :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If you don't think that one or the one vs Cagliari is a penalty then you have no clue. The one today where a player slides with his arm on the floor is always given, always. Especially at that distance... but whatever, I'm the biased one.
But he didn't slide with his arm on the ground. The ball hit the arm when it was planted, vertical, on the ground for balance

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Signed Cancelo for €40m, easily wpuld get twice as much today if they were to sell(which they won't). Fecking hell

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
We are so good, we can just throw away all dangerous freekick opportunities by letting Ronaldo take them.

0-3 Penaldo

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Juve again easily winning one of their toughest on paper games of the season.

They'll get 100 points if they don't get to UCL last 4, their squad is that good. Douglas Costa and Pjanic on the bench, Mandzukic not even in the 18.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If they go out early in the Champions League, they're going to break the 102 points total. If they start resting players in the second half of the season and generally not caring then they probably won't.

Not sure if they're as good as the Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba and Vidal midfield days but this team is a machine. Very experienced, lots of options and an incredible ability to adapt to any scenario by using those options or changing formation and style of play.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Indeed he is! Only read down to Ronaldo on the line up, apologies.