Italian Serie A - 2019-20

Kearnkoff69

Juve are so porous at the back. Sassuolo play some really nice football, too. This has been a very competitive game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, honestly juventus don't deserve to be up. Sassuolo have dominated so far

De Ligt injured

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Good win for Milan today, level on points with Napoli now, and within grasping distance of a Europa League spot.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Juve bottling a 2:0 lead against Sassuolo and it's fully deserved.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Still plenty of time for Ronaldo to rescue them with a penalty

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No surprise Sass are giving Juve a good go, got loads of pace on the break with Boga and Traore. Amazed Beradi is still there aswell.

Did I see that right aswell, De Ligt booted the ball out for a throw in seemingly to tie his shoe laces and then Juve wouldn't give Sassuolo the ball back on the restart? :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
subs changed the game, think juventus are gonna win this

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
55% ball possession Sassuolo
Atalanta deservedly getting the acclaim but Sassuolo are a very decent watching themselves, lots of pace but can also play through the lines well as they showed second half.

KC91

This title race really would have been on if Atalanta had beaten Juve.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Crazy game. First 15 minutes of domination for juventus, followed by 45 straight minutes of a full blown hammering by sassuolo, then another 15 minutes of domination for juve, then an even, crazy final 20 :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I can't remember the last time I saw Juventus concede so many chances. Sassuolo could have scored 6 and it would not have been unfair. Juve extremely lucky to lead at HT and then getting something out of the game at all.

KC91

It’s hard to see Juve getting past Lyon without a masterclass from Ronaldo or Dybala.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It’s hard to see Juve getting past Lyon without a masterclass from Ronaldo or Dybala.
It's hard to see Cristiano not putting up a masterclass against Lyon

That said, yeah, this juventus side don't seem to have the defence to compete with the likes of City or Bayern. And for all that their strikers are monsters, so are those other sides', and they're much better overall

Still. The unique format and conditions of CL give them a much bigger chance than they would have had otherwise imo

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ima just say it.

Atalanta are the best team in Série A this season and are unfortunate not to end the season as league champion.

Second place and the QF of the CL? Most goals ever in a season? Absurd.

Kearnkoff69

Ima just say it.

Atalanta are the best team in Série A this season and are unfortunate not to end the season as league champion.

Second place and the QF of the CL? Most goals ever in a season? Absurd.
I agree wholeheartedly - Atalanta has been a revelation. I read an article recently talking about the tactical setup and philosophy of the coach that delved into just how unique that team is in the scope of contemporary world football. I hope they continue to have success and build a good squad. They will be fun to watch next year as they hopefully push for the Scudetto.

ILC

Can I hear more about how easy it was for Allegri and how anyone can do what he did with this Juve?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can I hear more about how easy it was for Allegri and how anyone can do what he did with this Juve?
Did you miss the part where juventus are winning the league again?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Sarri ball actually wowing people in Italy? Juve been generally awful to watch in last few games bar the obvious individualism in their team that can create goals out of little.

Feels like Napoli a few years ago was his peak as manager. Interested what Juve do end of the season if they did crash out to Lyon in CL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is Sarri ball actually wowing people in Italy? Juve been generally awful to watch in last few games bar the obvious individualism in their team that can create goals out of little.
Hate that term. There is no such thing. Juventus play some nice stuff in bits, their problem is they can't sustain it and when the pressing doesn't work they seemingly have forgotten how to defend in deep block

Same thing happened with Napoli as well, difference was Napoli were better at sustaining the pressing and possession phases, more consistent, and their attacking football was more effective and pleasing on the eye because they were a better fit for his main concepts

ILC

Did you miss the part where juventus are winning the league again?
Hardly a given with their current form, but that's not the point. This is the weakest Juventus in almost a decade, they crashed out of all competitions bar Serie A (no they have no chance in CL even if they overturn Lyon) even though they improved upon last year's team.

It's very evident Allegri was getting the maximum out of a very overrated squad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I just want Malinovsky to shoot every chance he gets :lol:

The purity of the sound when he hits the ball :drool:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't believe I didn't know this was on. The reverse fixture was one of the best games this season.

Atalanta couldn't get near Amrabat in the first half that game and, going off whoscored, he looks to have had a brilliant first half again here.

Paul_Scholes18

True, Juventus have been bad considering their squad quality. The other teams just brainfarted at the start of season mostly, which gave them solid gap.
Lazio and Inter had moments being around or ahead. Just could not keep it up. Inter have bottled it a bit I think.
With Lazio I think noone expected them to fight for it.
Atalanta I guess didn't start well enough.