Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

DavidDeSchmikes

Managerial merry go around in Italy. 10 clubs have already changed managers.
Juric was fired by Verona, and gone to Torino (who fired Davide Nicola)

Inter, Verona, Juventus, Roma, Fiorentina, Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Napoli, Lazio, Torino

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Serie A awards

Best goalkeeper Donnarumma - AC Milan
Best defender Romero - Atalanta
Best midfielder Barella - Inter
Best striker C.Ronaldo - Juve
Best U23 Vlahovic - Fiorentina
Best player overall Lukaku - Inter

I disagree just about the best difender and the best striker award: IMO it should have been won by DeVrij or Skriniar (or Bastoni?) and Muriel without any doubt.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Serie A awards

Best goalkeeper Donnarumma - AC Milan
Best defender Romero - Atalanta
Best midfielder Barella - Inter
Best striker C.Ronaldo - Juve
Best U23 Vlahovic - Fiorentina
Best player overall Lukaku - Inter

I disagree just about the best difender and the best striker award: IMO it should have been won by DeVrij or Skriniar (or Bastoni?) and Muriel without any doubt.
How is Lukaku the best player but not the best striker? You only get to win one category?

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
How is Lukaku the best player but not the best striker? You only get to win one category?
I Guess... because the winner of each category puts a special badge on his shirt for all over the next year and two might cover too much space on the chest

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Dude 29goals Ronaldo vs 24 Lukaku
Muriel scored ‘only’ 22 but he took only two penalties. most of his goals were absolute beauties instead of Ronaldo’s

luis muriel deserved this for me

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
From 2021/22 season on fixtures will be...

Saturday

14:30
16:30
18:30
20:45

Sunday

12:30
14:30
16:30
18:30

Monday

All times CET.

All because DAZN is useless. I like it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Other than the lunch time game which is always bad because it's a dumb time for a game, it's the right move honestly

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
For once, Inter fans have been unlucky with their wealthy owners, now forced to downsize and dismiss football by the Party. Intense joy, but short. :lol:

With Allegri back and Agnelli not acting drunk any more with politics and transfers, expect an 85 points baseline next year for the Scudetto, with only Atalanta possibly having in them the potential to match such tally.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
For once, Inter fans have been unlucky with their wealthy owners, now forced to downsize and dismiss football by the Party. Intense joy, but short. :lol:

With Allegri back and Agnelli not acting drunk any more with politics and transfers, expect an 85 points baseline next year for the Scudetto, with only Atalanta possibly having in them the potential to match such tally.
Dude unless Exor aka the owners don't put 200-300m we're in dip shit as well.
IF we don't sell players by 30 of the month we'll be in a -200m in our books.
What can we expect??

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Lazio announces Sarri:lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
All four reasons come from the same principle that it's somehow normal for a player to consider himself above the team.

1. He doesn't need more goals (who cares if the team do)
2. He can't get more trophies (who cares what else the team wants to achieve)
3. He's leaving (who cares what his current team expects from him while he's under contract)
4. He's saving himself for the national team (who cares about club football anyway)

None of those are good reasons not to play in the game if you accept the principle that the team comes before the individual, which is obviously a fundamental principle in team sports. It doesn't matter that he can't get more trophies or doesn't need more goals because the team needs his goals, and they have very important secondary priorities when trophies are no longer available. Until he's left to a new club or to his national team, he has a responsibility for his team, and choosing to put another team before that - during a game - is beyond disrespectful.

Players who show such disregard for that basic principle are criticised. The fact you think they are a good defence of his actions is just an illustration of how far you've moved your perspective just to be able to paint him in a good light. They just clarify his complete disregard for that basic principle. At least according to your theory for why he did it. I wouldn't assume that of Ronaldo because I consider him to be a respectful professional.
Well this is all based on the common understanding that he is already 36 and hasn’t have enough rest this season, you can’t really expect any 36 year old player to overplay and risk himself of injuries, especially ahead of his final Euro tournament. The only circumstance when he would consider worthwhile to risk himself injuries playing under unfit/exhausted condition, is when he has something else “important” to achieve. I think the plan over the last game, is that he would play in 2nd half if/when Juventus is not winning.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Got to keep CR7 happy, they saw his cars being shipped and took action :lol:
This whole “Serie A award” is basically a very new award body commenced not long ago and only have 3 years history. It’s based on some point system I guess, not by voting (at least that’s how the award body claim). And every year MVP award is given to different player who is not getting any other awards (such as best striker etc). I suspect best striker is always given to top goalscorer, and MVP is always given to best player from winning team. But no idea how they do all these calculations for MVP.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As far as announcement videos go, this one's pretty neat.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Because Fiorentina didn't like Gattuso agent messing with their transfer policy (Mendes)
Mendes may very well be cumbersome, but honestly, Gattuso doens't strike me as the type that's in it to shake a club down with his agent first, and do his job as a coach distant second.

Rumour has it that it's all about severe personal frictions that heated up the confrontation on trasfer strategy, rather than the mere decision of going all-in on Team Mendes or not.

Fiorentina is also a bit of a hydra at the moment, they're restructuring the club's pool of directors - Burdisso is coming up from Boca to partner Pradè, Antognoni is expected to not renew his contract after being offered a reduced role, then there's Joe Barone that's supposed to be Commisso's right hand man but it's not clear how much personal latitude he puts in the role...

Commisso is ambitious and seems a good thinker of an owner, but he's still struggling to figure out how to turn Fiorentina into a well-run club.

Reportedly the board already rubbed Gattuso the wrong way just before he signed, prompting him to renounce and then u-turn only because of strong personal backing by Commisso. It seems things never really worked right from there.

None of the parts involved is looking much good going out of it this way, granted.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Mendes may very well be cumbersome, but honestly, Gattuso doens't strike me as the type that's in it to shake a club down with his agent first, and do his job as a coach distant second.

Rumour has it that it's all about severe personal frictions that heated up the confrontation on trasfer strategy, rather than the mere decision of going all-in on Team Mendes or not.

Fiorentina is also a bit of a hydra at the moment, they're restructuring the club's pool of directors - Burdisso is coming up from Boca to partner Pradè, Antognoni is expected to not renew his contract after being offered a reduced role, then there's Joe Barone that's supposed to be Commisso's right hand man but it's not clear how much personal latitude he puts in the role...

Commisso is ambitious and seems a good thinker of an owner, but he's still struggling to figure out how to turn Fiorentina into a well-run club.

Reportedly the board already rubbed Gattuso the wrong way just before he signed, prompting him to renounce and then u-turn only because of strong personal backing by Commisso. It seems things never really worked right from there.

None of the parts involved is looking much good going out of it this way, granted.
well that's the fastest resign that ever happened in a professional club...

Last edited:

abundance

Supports
Inter
well that's the fasted resign that ever happened in a professional club...
nah, don't think so.

I mean, it *is* very fast, and the most peculiar thing about it is that this was also a very fast signing - both parties rushed to marry when the league wasn't even ended yet and the great waltzer of the sideline hadn't even properly started. What were they thinkin...

But in terms of Guinness records, just from the top of my mind I can recall Bielsa resigning from Lazio just six days after his contract was ratified.

piesel

Legendary Juventus player and president Giampiero Boniperti is gone today, rest in peace.

Last edited:

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Chalanoglu coming to Inter for free... average player IMO, not that good.
AC Milan loss two starters in a week anyway(Donnarumma, Chalanoglu)

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Juventus Board Meeting | Press release

The Board of Directors has analyzed the impact of the pandemic on the three financial years 2019/22, currently estimated in an overall amount of €320 million as direct and indirect adverse effects.

Confirmed the long-term strategic objectives referred to in the 2019/24 development plan relating to sports competitiveness and economic-financial sustainability.

The board of directors has established the guidelines for a capital increase of up to €400 million to support the plan, which, due to the pandemic, will be amended during the first six months of the 2021/22 financial year.

Granted powers relating to the football business area to board member Maurizio Arrivabene

Juventus ownership pump 400m

Let's see if we'll have any money to buy anyone

::sonny::

Hysaj vermin, lazio is fascist

This is what Lazio ultras said, after the new signing Hysaj sang “bella ciao” (communist song)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bella Ciao is not really a communist song so much as an anti-fascist rebel song that's been co-opted by the communists in the years following WW2(as many of the partisans who popularized it were or became communists), but yeah

Grim stuff. Worse still lazio pulled down the videos of him singing the song and even released a "comunicado oficial"( :lol: ) citing the choice of song was not political (now, I can believe a footballer would be dumb enough to sing what is intrinsically a very political song without realizing the implication, but still. It's an anti-fascist song. You should be supporting the message ffs!)

Sidenote: fascist symbols, slogans and memorabilia as well as fascist apologism are illegal in italy and punished by the penal system. As in you go to jail for it. But of course nothing will happen in this case beyond some pearl clutching. Just another instance of a club bowing down to the worst parts of italian football culture out of fear...

abundance

Supports
Inter
(now, I can believe a footballer would be dumb enough to sing what is intrinsically a very political song without realizing the implication, but still. It's an anti-fascist song. You should be supporting the message ffs!)
hehe yeah, I got a friend working in a Sardinian resort who once told me that after La Casa de Papel aired on Netflix they kept getting a lot of arguably not quite well read guests from South America, the US and East Asia who insisted on singing Bella Ciao with the staff as they thought it was THE traditional italian folk song. =)
But an European should know better, even more so an Albanian.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
hehe yeah, I got a friend working in a Sardinian resort who once told me that after La Casa de Papel aired on Netflix they kept getting a lot of arguably not quite well read guests from South America, the US and East Asia who insisted on singing Bella Ciao with the staff as they thought it was THE traditional italian folk song. =)
But an European should know better, even more so an Albanian.
Doesn't matter if he doesn't know better. It's never a bad song to sing, and its message is pretty universal and should be supported and celebrated, period. It's the song we sang while fighting the fecking nazis ffs

abundance

Supports
Inter
Doesn't matter if he doesn't know better. It's never a bad song to sing, and its message is pretty universal and should be supported and celebrated, period. It's the song we sang while fighting the fecking nazis ffs
Oh well that's a given : )

Just saying that an Albanian born few years after the fall of communism most probably knows what Bella Ciao was about on the other side of the pond.