Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah it's good to hear. Bologna are certainly fighting for him as i don't think they've lost since he had to go back into treatment.
The inter game they were superlatives and might have just decided the Champions of this season.

They're resolve is honestly inspiring considering that they have nothing left to fight for (no relegation and no European spot possible)

CraftySoAndSo

The inter game they were superlatives and might have just decided the Champions of this season.

They're resolve is honestly inspiring considering that they have nothing left to fight for (no relegation and no European spot possible)
I agree and i think their performances and fight have shown how much respect the players have for him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Again, simpler than that: result-oriented coaches are questioning how football is taught in Italy at youngsters level, with Sacchi’s positioning and group tactics dominant upon individual technique and smartness. Therefore, it is 20 years Italy cannot produce generational talents any more and it is showing through WC repeated failures.
Every coach questions that, starting with Sacchi. It's dispiriting to see the germans understand, learn and evolve on his ideas while we fluffed about and got entirely the wrong lessons from him...

Re: Allegri problem is much like Mou he went from "what's the best way to win this game" to "we must win this way so i can prive how smart i am and that i'm right and everybody else is wrong"

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Serie A "Miraculous Escape from Certain Relegation" starter pack:
- be a minnow so minnow nobody ever gave your team a thought
- look approriately minnow-y, be the poorest team in the league by far, make everyone automatically assume you'll go right back down as the worst team in the division
- maybe try to have money problems
- start the season with an old manager who was doing relegation dogfights 15/20 years ago
- surprise people by not looking completely hopeless, just lacking the talent and experience to get results at this level
- sack your old manager
- once your relegation appears a certainty, hire Davide Nicola
- NICOLA PULLS OFF YET ANOTHER MIRACLE

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Re: Allegri problem is much like Mou he went from "what's the best way to win this game" to "we must win this way so i can prive how smart i am and that i'm right and everybody else is wrong"
You are taking all this too seriously, and the only possible reason is you watch/read/follow too much trash punditry on local tv/media channels. That’s why I suspect you nurture a fair share of interista blood in your football veins. :D

Red the Bear

Something less generic
My two cents is that it's a behavioral intensification (is that even a term ?) Going on with , mou nad Allegri.
Let's study mou for example, he started at Porto an underdog team so the only feasible way for them to compete with the best was to sit back and be very defensively firm because that's what his personel were capable off not free following football, this also happened in his time with inter, he couldn't have beaten barca by going toe to toe with them especially at their peak with that midfield so your options are , sit deep and hit them on the counter and it was successful.

I think that has given him this mentality that even when he's not forced to play such a brand of football, he does it out of habit anyway almost as rebellion as a way to prove a point, madness. (Mou seems to have gotten a lot more loose in roma though as giorno pointed out, they're a lot more attacking compared to his previous teams).

Now I think the same thing has happened to Allegri almost like a curse.

Though to be fair Allegri was always a bit of a coward in his style, thats why even despite his impressive accomplishments i never rates him that much.

Last edited:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I'm two cents is that it's a behavioral intensification (is that even a term ?) Going on with , mou nad Allegri.
Let's study mou for example, he started at Porto an underdog team so the only feasible way for them to compete with the best was to sit back and be very defensively firm because that's what his personel were capable off not free following football, this also happened in his time with inter, he couldn't have beaten barca by going toe to toe with them especially at their peak with that midfield so your options are , sit deep and hit them on the counter and it was successful.

I think that has given him this mentality that even when he's not forced to play such a brand of football, he does it out of habit anyway almost as rebellion as a way to prove a point, madness. (Mou seems to have gotten a lot more loose in roma though as giorno pointed out, they're a lot more attacking compared to his previous teams).

Now I think the same thing has happened to Allegri almost like a curse.

Though to be fair Allegri was always a bit of a coward in his style, thats why even despite his impressive accomplishments i never rates him that much.
You know, fine margins dictate the outcome of so many high-level football games and narratives follow suit accordingly, reinforcing stereotypes and agendas.

The “best” games Allegri played this year were both at home in mid March, the one against Villarreal and the one against Inter. He lost both! Nobody will remember that we were a total mess in November, that we had all our best players out, and that we were basically mugged both times.

The “worst” game Allegri played this year was at home against Chelsea in mid November, when he set up like a League Two team, acknowledging our inferiority, and snatched a well deserved 1-0 victory against a much superior opponent.

When was Allegri a coward, then? While playing attacking football with a depleted and poor squad (and losing) or while playing for his life in the most negative manner (and winning)?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You know, fine margins dictate the outcome of so many high-level football games and narratives follow suit accordingly, reinforcing stereotypes and agendas.

The “best” games Allegri played this year were both at home in mid March, the one against Villarreal and the one against Inter. He lost both! Nobody will remember that we were a total mess in November, that we had all our best players out, and that we were basically mugged both times.

The “worst” game Allegri played this year was at home against Chelsea in mid November, when he set up like a League Two team, acknowledging our inferiority, and snatched a well deserved 1-0 victory against a much superior opponent.

When was Allegri a coward, then? While playing attacking football with a depleted and poor squad (and losing) or while playing for his life in the most negative manner (and winning)?
Its one thing to be defensive against the Champions of Europe and another to be so utterly fearful of the thought of going ahed by more than a goal.

Allegri had that impressive stretch where he won every game 1-0 on his way to snapping the title but that isn't really a sustainable method.

The top 4 is accomplished and with nothing to play for anymore im expecting a rather more adventurous set up but knowing Allegri he won't risk even that anyway.

Good luck in your match in the final, always had a soft spot for you dirty bastards ever since the 90s.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Its one thing to be defensive against the Champions of Europe and another to be so utterly fearful of the thought of going ahed by more than a goal.

Allegri had that impressive stretch where he won every game 1-0 on his way to snapping the title but that isn't really a sustainable method.

The top 4 is accomplished and with nothing to play for anymore im expecting a rather more adventurous set up but knowing Allegri he won't risk even that anyway.

Good luck in your match in the final, always had a soft spot for you dirty bastards ever since the 90s.
In my humble opinion:
Mourinho has always been a more "progressive" coach than Allegri: while he absolutely loved to set up barricade heroics when needed, all his teams were able to play more expansive, aggressive, and high tempo attacking football against lesser opposition.

Allegri instead has always showed true love for the old skool italian ethos - opportunistic, speculative, "most gain with the least effort" - trying his best to preserve it with the minimum of adaptation required by modern football.

Anyway, they are paired in their love for the, let's say so, "football intelligence" of unapologetically forcing the opponent to play badly, soak up the pressure, read the flow of the game, and hit when it pains most.

What is making them stumble in contemporary football, is that nowadays that "savvy & shrewd" style, at the top level, requires an amount of wanting the ball, playing associatively, build from the back and press way forward that's beyond what they're philosophycally willing and tactically able to pursuit.

CraftySoAndSo

Massive result for Salernitana tonight and now the game against Cagliari this weekend is huge.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe in inzaghi just isn't up to it?
They made it mistake by letting conte go so soon.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Inter given dodgy penalty. Overturned by VAR after seeing the defender got the ball.

Feels like a matter of time until Inter score though, been chance after chance for them in the 10 mins I've been watching.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe I'm bad luck for them lot, the moment I turned it on the second gone in.

V.O.

Inter given dodgy penalty. Overturned by VAR after seeing the defender got the ball.

Feels like a matter of time until Inter score though, been chance after chance for them in the 10 mins I've been watching.
Nevermind. :lol:

Teja

Anyone we can go sign from AC Milan? Tonali used to be very highly rated but not sure if he's fulfilling that promise or not.

Kessie impressed me a lot when we played against them and hoped we'd get him but he's going to Barca

V.O.

Would prefer AC Milan to get it done, but it's great to see a title race between the Milan clubs even if neither of them are a patch on what they used to be.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyone we can go sign from AC Milan? Tonali used to be very highly rated but not sure if he's fulfilling that promise or not.

Kessie impressed me a lot when we played against them and hoped we'd get him but he's going to Barca
They have the best goal keeper around but he'll cost us a fortune.
Maybe theo hernandez?

V.O.

Beautiful little finish that from Lautaro.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If they get bought by the Bahrein fund, possibly nobody. In general, Maignan, Theo, Tomori and Bennacer are the ones that should be of interest to United. Maybe Calabria too

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If they get bought by the Bahrein fund, possibly nobody. In general, Maignan, Theo, Tomori and Bennacer are the ones that should be of interest to United. Maybe Calabria too
Yeah, heard they could have 300 mill budget for this season?
They could return back to the table of top clubs if they get a new sugar daddy.