Italy under Mancini

Ibn Battuta

Supports
Chelsea
I’m impressed. He has managed the tournament so incredibly well. I believe he has reached the zenith of his career.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
It isn't really that surprising, while Mancini is probably declining, he still once managed at a level 99% of current international coaches won't sniff during their careers. Out of this current crop it seems to me there is a grand total of two coaches that would have a chance of getting a good club job and those two are Mancini and Luis Enrique (another coach whose team is deemed to have to an extent overachieved).

Paul_Scholes18

People attacking Southgate and praising Mancini just cause one won on pens against the other here.

Italy done well, but they needed pens twice to win. I feel it is less of a masterplan and more that Donarumma is bloody good.

izec

It isn't really that surprising, while Mancini is probably declining, he still once managed at a level 99% of current international coaches won't sniff during their careers. Out of this current crop it seems to me there is a grand total of two coaches that would have a chance of getting a good club job and those two are Mancini and Luis Enrique (another coach whose team is deemed to have to an extent overachieved).
That is why Germany will be back soon, as they have Flick, who is a top manager. He will form a great team pretty quickly.

Sweet Square

Isn't that now 31 unbeaten matches. Massive turn around and easily the best team in the euros.

Played some great football as well.

Kaos

People attacking Southgate and praising Mancini just cause one won on pens against the other here.

Italy done well, but they needed pens twice to win. I feel it is less of a masterplan and more that Donarumma is bloody good.
Mancini's done exceptionally well considering an injury to one of his key players, a woeful talisman, and coming up against very good Spanish and Belgian sides, as well as an England side that had a vastly superior squad and home advantage. This was Southgates competition to lose, and England's route to the final was in spite of him IMO. Swap the coaches and would have been a different story.

el3mel

Mancini is a top manager and he managed the game since second half exceptionally well.

It's hardly a surprise though. He's a PL winner manager. He's a class act above a lot of other international managers, who are mostly 2nd or 3rd tier names.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
That is why Germany will be back soon, as they have Flick, who is a top manager. He will form a great team pretty quickly.
Yeah obviously. Add France and Zidane if someone there has the guts to get rid of Deschamps, a proven club coach willing to work in an NT is probably worth his weight in gold nowadays.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Isn't that now 31 unbeaten matches. Massive turn around and easily the best team in the euros.

Played some great football as well.
34. That’s what makes his work impressive in addition to the trophy.

Abraxas

You have to give him credit. I think if anything today the substitutions really showed the limitations of his squad. He had to use them but they got worse as they took some of their better players off and England started to regain some composure after a dreadful second half. Just shows how well he's drilled his players when you look at the potential Southgate had to call upon in comparison. They also used their midfield 3s very well throughout the tournament, the way they protected their aging defence proactively was very interesting.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Mancini went into the tournament with more trophies than every other manager in there combined. Has taken his team to 34 games unbeaten, he's a good manager who ironically at both City and Inter lost his job for not being good enough in cup competitions. He's got Italy punching above their weight imho which is why despite the peno's its a fantastic tournie for him, puts his stock right back up.

Xaviboy

If it goes belly up for Ole next season would you like Mancini in. Had the Italian team play some nice football in the euros, enjoyed their games.

Bondi77

He was a very good footballer and he played football in the right way and he has done the same as a manager.
I am gutted England lost but I have to congratulate Italy and Mancini on their win and playing great football through the whole tournament.

littleman

You have to give him credit. I think if anything today the substitutions really showed the limitations of his squad. He had to use them but they got worse as they took some of their better players off and England started to regain some composure after a dreadful second half. Just shows how well he's drilled his players when you look at the potential Southgate had to call upon in comparison. They also used their midfield 3s very well throughout the tournament, the way they protected their aging defence proactively was very interesting.
Absolutely.

The Italy squad and bench were much weaker than England's. And if you think about how old Chiellini and Bonucci were, it's shocking they weren't tested and torn apart by one of the richest attacking squad in national football. Instead all of England's most meaningful attacks came from the flanks and crosses.

RooneyLegend

If it goes belly up for Ole next season would you like Mancini in. Had the Italian team play some nice football in the euros, enjoyed their games.
Got schooled by Luis Enrique in the semi's so no thanks.

RooneyLegend

Absolutely.

The Italy squad and bench were much weaker than England's. And if you think about how old Chiellini and Bonucci were, it's shocking they weren't tested and torn apart by one of the richest attacking squad in national football. Instead all of England's most meaningful attacks came from the flanks and crosses.
You aren't testing that defence with hoofball to Kane.

RooneyLegend

Yup, teams like France and England messing about with substandard coaches are going to be in for a rude awakening.

RooneyLegend

He's clearly tried to modernize his approach. Did really well for himself and his nation.

BerryBerryShrew

Interesting to see who comes in. You've also got to imagine that he's the first name on the shortlist of all the top clubs if they don't hit the ground running.

Could see Chelsea/Spurs moving for him if Poch/Ange fecks up.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surprising after their stormer of a World Cup