Ivan Toney Pt.2

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
My last Ivan Toney thread got locked as there wasn’t a lot of rumours, but now there are from Sami Mokbel who is rather reliable. We’re looking at Toney for January

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Dunno how I feel about this.
It’s the wrong way round for a start - you buy the experience before the prospect, especially when you only have Martial to start with. I mean, he is decent but is Toney really the best we can do? Especially as you can guarantee Brentford will rinse us for him…

Gazautd18

Won't happen.
Are we at the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks " stage or have we passed that yet?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Support striker isn’t Toney. Would be stupid waste of money that we need to spend at CB, DM or CM first and foremost.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
My feelings on this would depend entirely on the price.

He's a pretty good striker, but no more than that. At the right price he would certainly help, but we sometimes have a tendency to pay the wrong price for relatively limited players.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Support striker isn’t Toney. Would be stupid waste of money that we need to spend at CB, DM or CM first and foremost.
"Support striker" What kind of cosmopolitan rubbish is this?

Left striker. Right striker. Four four fecking two. Two big bastards up front manhandling defenders. Ship off Rashford and Antony, buy wingers who can cross and pass = success.

laughtersassassin

My plan for this would be buy Toney in Jan and then change the system we play.

Our wingers suck so let's go two up top with Toney and Hojlund, should be able to bully the lower level teams somewhat.

It's worth a shot because our current system won't work regardless of who we play up top

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The price mooted seems excessive and I doubt the quality of his character, but he's a good player.

tomaldinho1

Hojlund is good enough, bearing in mind the state of our team in other areas, and Brentford supposedly want £100m

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seems like a wanker. Don't we have enough of those?

SER19

Good age and good premier league record. If a decent fee he'd be a welcome addition, lord knows we need goals among everything else

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
"Support striker" What kind of cosmopolitan rubbish is this?

Left striker. Right striker. Four four fecking two. Two big bastards up front manhandling defenders. Ship off Rashford and Antony, buy wingers who can cross and pass = success.
The tweet said support.

Ten Hag out Mike Bassett in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The current people in charge should not be spending 1 more penny on any player until they are replaced by Ratcliffe's people.

Longlivekeano

Prefer a CB a who can actually run fast and tackle. Actually even Michal Smalling will do for me if we are going the Evans route.

NZT-One

iirc correctly, tifo ir-l had a video once, where they compared him to Kane in terms of skillset. Like a good goal scorer but also quite decent in bringing others into play.

I'd be up for it but depends on the price. Probably wouldn't want to pay more than 40 million for him, 45 tops. And I am pretty sure, that won't be his going rate.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
The price mooted seems excessive and I doubt the quality of his character, but he's a good player.
I think is a bit hard to read. On the pitch, he is very focused, works hard, and just has a lot of consistency in his game. That take professionalism. And he has taken the long road with 150 L1 games, even 50 in L2 and a season in the Championship.

He is also very poised on the ball when he get scoring chances and never seem to feel any pressure when he get chances.

OTOH, it’s of course hard to speculate on how he would be effected by going to a club like MUFC.

I like Toney and wouldn’t mind it at all if we signed him. But wouldn’t be surprised either if we looked elsewhere.

daba

Heard rumours they want £70m, I think that makes this a non starter.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He would be great for us, but we have no money so - I guess we can just keep dreaming as he joins one of the actual top English clubs

Martial

Could have got Kane for the price of Hojlund and Toney, wages included.

Rake

Could have got Kane for the price of Hojlund and Toney, wages included.
Don't think there was a chance of signing him once Bayern were involved. They offered big bucks, Tottenham wanted him out of the country ( and are probably patting themselves on the back given how their season is going). Also, in 2-3 years we would have to deal with an aging start on huge wages again.

If Hojlund was/is worth what we paid for him remains to be seen. Toney could be an interesting option but we are unsure what his price would be and when the money will come from in January. Surely Martial needs to leave.

Last edited:

MegadrivePerson

He's already said that he wants to join Arsenal, so if they want him he will go to them. Brentford apparently want somewhere between 80 to 100 million for him too!

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
He should remove the 'e' from his name. Ivan Tony sounds way more criminal and badass.

Wilt

He should remove the 'e' from his name. Ivan Tony sounds way more criminal and badass.
Remove the ‘I’ and ‘v’ and you‘re left with Antony ….don‘t need another arseole.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Remove the ‘I’ and ‘v’ and you‘re left with Antony ….don‘t need another arseole.
There's something about the Tonies... Toney the bettor. Antony the violent beyblade. Anthony Martial the stone-faced killer.

Wilt

There's something about the Tonies... Toney the bettor. Antony the violent beyblade. Anthony Martial the stone-faced killer.
TBH Toney the bettor is worth twice the other two combined.