"I've just seen..."

Skelter

Internet GYPO
The deadline always provides some crackers.

Go for it....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Pele at the City Of Manchester Stadium

VivaRonaldo7

Hahaha i love them, bbc is the best. You go on and someone has text in saying he has spotted this player at the airport! It's superb.

Just spotted Fabian Delph at The Trafford Centre...

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Andrei Arshavin has jumped on a flight from Heathrow* to Manchester apparently, set to tie up a move to City according to sources.

*The fact Heathrows runways have been closed due to snow has little or no relevance to my story.

George the Giraffe

Heard 2 great responses a few seasons ago.

After Adriano had been "spotted" at about 10 different clubs:

"Does anyone actually know what Adriano looks like?"

After someone had "seen" Crouch at a club:

Crouch text in "weird, that I've been spotted as I'm sat at home watching SSN"

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Les Ferdinand spotted at WHL, rumour is he's signing a 4 year deal.

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Les Ferdinand spotted at WHL, rumour is he's signing a 4 year deal.
If this rumour is from the same source as mine then Spurs are really motoring today. Apparently Harry redknapp has persuaded Ruel Fox to come out of retirement to help them stave off relegation. Only stumbling block appears to be the complex nature of the transfer. Spurs want to sign Fox, but then sell him to Sunderland for 16m and then but him back 3 minutes before the window shuts for 22m.

Watch this space.....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If this rumour is from the same source as mine then Spurs are really motoring today. Apparently Harry redknapp has persuaded Ruel Fox to come out of retirement to help them stave off relegation. Only stumbling block appears to be the complex nature of the transfer. Spurs want to sign Fox, but then sell him to Sunderland for 16m and then but him back 3 minutes before the window shuts for 22m.

Watch this space.....
:lol:

spinoza

Paz's ion

Watch this space.....
:lol:

hurstafus

Laphroaig

Panic on the streets of London.
Surely all the snow might well ruin a couple of deals today? All buses and a lot of tubes are cancelled, and - what was it - one fifth of all Londoners stay home from work, due to some few cms of snow. (Londoners are a bunch of pussies.) But I can see this having an effect on the transfer window. Keane's coach to White Hart Lane is probably cancelled, Robinho's metrolink to Old Trafford as well perhaps.

Laphroaig

Surely all the snow might well ruin a couple of deals today? All buses and a lot of tubes are cancelled, and - what was it - one fifth of all Londoners stay home from work, due to some few cms of snow. (Londoners are a bunch of pussies.) But I can see this having an effect on the transfer window. Keane's coach to White Hart Lane is probably cancelled, Robinho's metrolink to Old Trafford as well perhaps.
As a matter of fact:
Premier League considers transfer window extension
• Snowstorms disrupt clubs' plans for medicals
• Extension would not allow new deals

The Premier League has extended the transfer window past today's 5pm deadline in order to allow more time for medicals and personal terms to be agreed. However the two clubs involved must confirm that a deal has been agreed in principal before 5pm and that the adverse weather conditions have prevented the transfer from taking place before the window should have shut.

The general secretary of the Premier League, Mike Foster, said earlier that today's adverse weather conditions could make the completion of deals difficult as players struggle to attend medicals.

"It's already having an effect in terms of players getting from one end of the country to another," he said.

The league are still asking clubs to work to the 5pm deadline, and if deals are carried over, they will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/02/premier-league-considers-transfer-window-extension

cj_sparky

I have seen Santa Claus on my roof. I think all this snow has confused him.

mexos

Academy player
I've heard and seen nothing about Ronaldo. It's disturbingly quiet... Real Madrid anyone?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I am shocked no one has mentioned the fact that Berbatov has re-joined Tottenham..