J Cole!

Sam

Yep, his album should be coming out soon
Ah quality stuff.

Oh and as much as I say this through grated teath...that Drake song you posted (the one Kanye produced) has grown on me..a lot! :nervous:

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
He's better than Drake though...

Warm Up & The Come Up are some heavyweight mixtapes.

Grown Simba, Lights Please, Can I Live, Both Dead Presidents freestyles, Split You Up are all tough worth a dl

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
A breath of fresh air in the hip hop world. Hopefully he doesn't forget his origins

Anyone who can hold their ground on a track with Talib Kweli, Mos Def and Jay Electronica gets a seal of approval from me

MJLD

Honestly been listening to nothing but J Cole recently. When's his album out?

Sam

Can't wait for the album, it's gonna be seriously amazing.

Best young talent in the game right now IMHO.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Him and Big Sean (who birthed Drake's style) are the best newcomers. Big Sean bodied looking for trouble then J Cole came along and nutted in the corpse. Cole always holds his own on tracks only time I can remember him being bested is on Reflection Eternal

Stretch

J Cole is the truth. Been sitting on this Warm Up ish. Just like Lupe a few years ago he's a breath of fresh air.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
He's about to turn into another Drake. People who have never heard his music are even talking about him.

He has work to do in terms of song selection etc supposed Friday Night Lights are the songs that got rejected for his album. Makes me think if he was gonna put some of those on his album how poor a debut it would have been

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
"Before I'm Gone" has got about 300 plays since I downloaded the mixtape a couple of days ago.

Stretch

He's about to turn into another Drake. People who have never heard his music are even talking about him.

He has work to do in terms of song selection etc supposed Friday Night Lights are the songs that got rejected for his album. Makes me think if he was gonna put some of those on his album how poor a debut it would have been
With Jay in his corner I doubt that song selection will be a problem.

Sam

I really don't get the comparisons with Drake. And judging by Cole's reaction to it, neither does he.

Stretch

I really don't get the comparisons with Drake. And judging by Cole's reaction to it, neither does he.
I also don't get the comparisons.

Yeah, I had this little bad thing somethin like them tens
She gave a nigga made brain, somethin like The Wiz
But you see the sad thing feckin with her is
Is the chick ain't even have brains, dummy like a bitch
He's talented no doubt.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
All a matter of personal taste but I can't stand the way hip hop seems to have gone in the last couple of decades.

All this over-blown, over-produced, self-important, orchestral crap. When did they all start taking themselves so damn seriously? It's just... I dunno... pompous. And very very dull.

Hip hop used to be either angry or fun. Or both. I preferred it that way.

Crustanoid

I can't believe Joe Cole is going into the music industry. He'd be worse than his brother, Andy was when he released that rap thingy

Kaos

All this over-blown, over-produced, self-important, orchestral crap. When did they all start taking themselves so damn seriously? It's just... I dunno... pompous. And very very dull.

On the mainstream, yes, it has become a self-loving an pompous borefest.

Without sounding too much like a pretentious contrarian - the Undergrounds where its at! Some top artists still producing meaningful music, many without labels too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
On the mainstream, yes, it has become a self-loving an pompous borefest.

Without sounding too much like a pretentious contrarian - the Undergrounds where its at! Some top artists still producing meaningful music, many without labels too.
I can well believe it. Unfortunately, I've become old and square and lost touch with underground music years ago. All I hear is the mainstream stuff these days. It makes me despair, it really does.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yes it is.
I'm a massive fan of Cole, but this nothing compared to the best stuff on his mixtapes (I have all of them on my phone). Can't hold a candle to Dead Presidents, Too Deep for the Intro, etc. I'm hoping his debut album can match the dopeness of his mixtapes.

All a matter of personal taste but I can't stand the way hip hop seems to have gone in the last couple of decades.

It's all underground Pogue. There's nothing innovative in the mainstream. Same can be said for most music genres IMO.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'm a massive fan of Cole, but this nothing compared to the best stuff on his mixtapes (I have all of them on my phone). Can't hold a candle to Dead Presidents, Too Deep for the Intro, etc. I'm hoping his debut album can match the dopeness of his mixtapes.
It's preference then.

I personally prefer his soulful tracks, like the majority of The Warm Up, but still love FNL, it's album quality. Some of the tracks on there are amazing, especially Enchanted, To Deep For The Intro as you mentioned and the emotional See World.

This new track is certainly up there. Brilliant follow up to 'Simba' and 'Grown Simba' it's the best that has/he leaked on the web since FNL. Give it a few spins turned up on a proper sound system and you'll realise how good the track is, lyrically and production wise - Incredible :p

"Cole under pressure, now what that make? Diamonds?"

TheReligion

Abusive

Disagree. It is about time we got some more stuff like this back in the main stream.

Some of the best stuff falls into the category. Shook Ones Part 2 for instance.