J Cole!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Unsure, a lot of the tracks are ones that didn't make the cut for Cole World. It's certainly a lot darker.

But, like most, he'll find his debut album hard to beat.

roseguy64

Because Cole World was going for mainstream plays. This isn't a mainstream play album. It's much closer to his mixtapes.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Unsure, a lot of the tracks are ones that didn't make the cut for Cole World. It's certainly a lot darker.

But, like most, he'll find his debut album hard to beat.
Certain tracks that weren't mainstream enough for Cole World were used for this album, but he more or less started from scratch.

He mentioned in a recent interview that it's darker as he was going though a tough patch upon the release of his first album, the pressure of the industry etc..

Haven't listened to it yet, but I'm looking forward to it! Nothing but positive reactions on blogs and reviews I've read thus far.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Debut albums are a good ten years in the making, this for the most part is why they're near impossible to beat.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'll give this thread a bump, a friend of mine told me about J. Cole so I've been listening to Born Sinner, really enjoying it. He's performing in Paris in a superb venue in November, I think I'll be going!

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Cool Cunto, tell me whether he's any good live! I've only listened to Born Sinner so far but I'll try to listen to the other one soon.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Download the mixtapes 'Friday Night Lights' and 'The Warm Up', both are better than his albums.

He's great live too. I went to see Drake a few years back with J.Cole as the supporting act (Before J.Cole was popular, before he even dropped an album. People only knew the 'In The Morning' track), and he was fecking great, out performed Drake in my opinion.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I saw him live yesterday, and was very disappointed. All in all, the gig lasted 75 minutes, 10-15mns of which were spent talking to the public and banter with his friend and so on. So basically one hour of actual music, he was very good and has great stage presence, but I was underwhelmed on the whole. It was a great venue and it could've been a much better concert.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Debut albums are a good ten years in the making, this for the most part is why they're near impossible to beat.
Yeah, which is why Nas started working on illmatic when he was 10.