Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suvvernmanc

I'll stick my neck out and say the kid Stefanovic we've just signed, who's a right footed left winger, is coming (after a season on loan at Partizan Belgrade) instead of Jack Grealish. If we're as determined to sign Sancho as it sounds then I don't see where the kind of money Villa want for Grealish comes from after any Sancho fee.
Stefanovic would likely be coming in to cover Chong going on loan and with hope he can break into the first team more regularly. Hes primarily a left winger and in my opinion Grealish would be coming to strengthen the midfield. It just a bonus that Grealish can play LW too.

I dont know if Villa were being serious about that rumoured £80m price tag but he will be at Villa next season 100% if they stick to that.

Sancho for the RW is priorty, with a #8/#10 being next/equal priority. We cant spunk money on Grealish until the Sancho thing is resolved. We are trying to plead poverty to Dortmund and we need to keep the cards close to our chest in that regard. In my opinion, if we can get Sancho in paid via instalments, we can 100% get Grealish in after that.

Last edited:

Idxomer

I still have some hope we could get him this window and after the last few weeks, I think he should be a priority too.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I would love to get him. Another sparky character in the squad. We need competition for places to keep everyone on their toes. Too many know their places are assured.

croadyman

I would love to get him. Another sparky character in the squad. We need competition for places to keep everyone on their toes. Too many know their places are assured.
Could not have put it any better myself,well we really needed that negative Athletic article today didn't we

Idxomer

Could not have put it any better myself,well we really needed that negative Athletic article today didn't we
Yep, people who turn their nose up at him don't realize how many problems he would solve if he's part of the team.

croadyman

Yep, people who turn their nose up at him don't realize how many problems he would solve if he's part of the team.
He has that Bruno like hunger to play at a higher level and needs the chance to prove that

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Beginning to think we should get this done and keep going for Sancho. I have not seen as much of him as maybe I should, but he does look like the sort of player who would thrive at a big club - and always plays with passion

croadyman

Beginning to think we should get this done and keep going for Sancho. I have not seen as much of him as maybe I should, but he does look like the sort of player who would thrive at a big club - and always plays with passion
I have been a fan of Jack since he absolutely ran the show against the scousers in that 2015 FA Cup Semi Final, like you say strikes you as someone who has that Bruno like passion and honestly reckon he is made to play for this club and would wear the shirt with pride.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'm starting to think that the player who needs competition more than anyone is Rashford.
Everyone in our squad needs competition. The reason you're specifically saying Rashford is because he had a poor end to the season, but he's arguably been our best player over the stretch of the season.

Going forward, if we want to be able to compete on all fronts, then as you said, we need competition for places.

Personally, I would love Grealish at United. Big fan of him. If not, then the three main options of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho(RW Signing) are enough, providing no big injuries. Then we'd have James as a backup option.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Everyone in our squad needs competition. The reason you're specifically saying Rashford is because he had a poor end to the season, but he's arguably been our best player over the stretch of the season.

Going forward, if we want to be able to compete on all fronts, then as you said, we need competition for places.

Personally, I would love Grealish at United. Big fan of him. If not, then the three main options of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho(RW Signing) are enough, providing no big injuries. Then we'd have James as a backup option.
Having James as a back up option? Even Ole's not buying into that anymore

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes, I can see that if Mata got in ahead of him last night
Seriously though, if we get a winger, you'd imagine that, barring any injuries, Rashford, Greenwood, and New Winger will use up the majority of game time, so we won't see much of James unless it's in the early stages of the cup.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Seriously though, if we get a winger, you'd imagine that, barring any injuries, Rashford, Greenwood, and New Winger will use up the majority of game time, so we won't see much of James unless it's in the early stages of the cup.
I'd swap him for Sarr in a heartbeat. At least that guy is quicker and doesn't get bumped off the ball easier than nicking an ice cream off a toddler

elnorte

Freaky fly day
In a couple of years he'll be a piece of our next manager's deadwood.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This one just seems impossible unless we can cover the fee from sales.

Zoo

I agree. Has 'Morgan Schneidelin' written all over him.
Based on? Schneiderlin hid and visibly shrunk in the United shirt. Grealish is a cocky Brummie who been carrying and leading his dire boyhood club all year.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Plays for an unfashionable club, rated by some ITKs, I think he’ll be exposed at a top level club.
Plays for an unfashionable club, so he's like Schneidelin?! Lets put Mane, VVD, Maguire, Andy Robertson and some others in that list.
And he's not just rated by some ITKs. He's widely rated across the spectrum.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Plays for an unfashionable club, so he's like Schneidelin?! Lets put Mane, VVD, Maguire, Andy Robertson and some others in that list.
And he's not just rated by some ITKs. He's widely rated across the spectrum.
That’s your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.