Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
For me this is quite simple:

If you leave the house during the pandemic to go partying, you are not Manchester United material.

Deery

Dreary
No confirmation it was him at all. People are presuming it's him because of that Tweet and because he got leathered once when he was 19 and it appeared in a newspaper.
He left his details with a member of the public before legging it.

Brophs

The One and Only
He needs to get same lawyer as the one who got Fergie off when he claimed to have to have been speeding because he had diarrhoea on the motorway.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
No confirmation it was him at all. People are presuming it's him because of that Tweet and because he got leathered once when he was 19 and it appeared in a newspaper.
There's a number of pictures of him at the scene and you can find a number of pictures of him in or next to the same car (with the registration number fully in view) prior to this. His ex teammate is known to own property nearby to the incident and he's stood next to Tony Capaldi, another ex teammate of his ex teammate, in the pictures. I'm not sure we need any further evidence of it being him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There's a number of pictures of him at the scene and you can find a number of pictures of him in or next to the same car (with the registration number fully in view) prior to this. His ex teammate is known to own property nearby to the incident and he's stood next to Tony Capaldi, another ex teammate of his ex teammate, in the pictures. I'm not sure we need any further evidence of it being him.
Went to school with Capaldi's brother. Capaldi had a decent lower league career and won about 30 caps for Northern Ireland I think so was decent full back but used to regularly see him in my local here in the Midlands every other weekend and that was when he was playing at Plymouth!

He could've had a better career but liked his drink a bit too much.

Disappointing Jack is still hanging around with these types. Irresponsible from him in the current climate.

Red_toad

If you leave the house during the pandemic to go partying, you are not Manchester United material.
Being a tit outside of work didn't really affect numerous United players, some of whom are considered legends. Not everyone can have a perceived Ronaldo type of focus on their job (who still got into issues when partying). Plus there's the whole how much of the story is based on facts. For all we know his car may well have been stolen and he rocked up to claim some of his possessions out of it.

James Peril

If the season is voided the premier league teams would not get the TV revenue which means teams like Aston Villa would not meet the FFP demands therefore is required to sell. Its already been rumoured they need to sell to meet the FFP requirements.
Cheers mate, FFP is a bitch I guess - in this case at least. But let’s have it if LFC lose their title. Although there would be some kind of beast next season as well, if Klopp isn’t locked up for going mental.

crossy1686

career ending
Well yeah we do, that's what a fair trial is for otherwise he could just go to prison now based on a tweet and some photo of him in or near the car, near a team mates home. I'm not saying he didn't do it, he probably did but I hope to god should some of you ever find yourself in trouble with the law you're given more benefit of the doubt than some people are giving him in here.

Hawks2008

Thats a real manchester united attitude, proper character.

I bet antichrist paul pogba is murdering kittens in quarantine.

beingshe7don

Not sure about how true the partying part is but getting out of the house in this climate puts a lot of people at risk which is fairly irresponsible. I've been one of Jack's proponents on the CAF but that sort of behaviour is not very captain-esque. Ole may steer clear if he's found to be guilty as he looks to reinforce players with the 'right' mindset and attitude.

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol: For someone who is running away from a crime scene, it makes zero sense to stop and give your details to a member of public...
It does make sense if you know the law. You'll never prove drink/drug driving now as he's left the scene and it will be out of his system. The only thing you could argue he is guilty of is failing to stop/report a road traffic collision. That said he's could, and likely will, argue that the vehicles were parked and he's made a reasonable attempt to notify the owners in order to exchange details. In not being able to do so he's left them with a passer by. As such he has stopped and waited for a reasonable time before leaving the scene so he is not guilty of failing to stop. That said the road traffic act states in such circumstances you must report the collision, in person, to the police within 24 hours. He may have done this and if so he's guilty of nothing.

TheReligion

Abusive
Then why didn't the police just come to his house and arrest him after he legged it home? While he was still intoxicated?
Did anyone ring the police at the time? If someone leaves the scene of a non injury RTC and goes home there is no power to enter to administer a breath test. You must enter with the purpose of arresting only and to do that you must have suspicion he was driving whilst unfit though drink/drugs.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Being a tit outside of work didn't really affect numerous United players, some of whom are considered legends. Not everyone can have a perceived Ronaldo type of focus on their job (who still got into issues when partying). Plus there's the whole how much of the story is based on facts. For all we know his car may well have been stolen and he rocked up to claim some of his possessions out of it.
I don't really care so much about a drunk night out on town. Its the circumstances that he's gone out and about in.

The alleged drunk driving I can forgive if he puts in the work and takes a public stance - Outside a pandemic
The alleged drinking I can get over - Outside a pandemic

I can't get over that he supposedly (if guilty) did this during something as serious as a whole population undertaking to combat the worst infectous disease since the Spanish Flu. It's like, EVERYONE are staying home, being good people, taking one for the team. He chose not to. He doesnt have to have been driving, going out to get drunk with your friends during a time like this is it for me.

I would LOVE to go out to meet my friends for a few beers, I miss the hell out of them. But I, like millions of others, are sacrificing social time so we can get on with our lives in a timely fashion. He chose not to, and that REALLY rubs me the wrong way.

My entire opinion is predicated on Jack Grealish having gone out to get drunk with his buddies. If that is true, this is my opinion. If he was in fact at home, then I recant my statement

Seven Seas Sardines

I don't really care so much about a drunk night out on town. Its the circumstances that he's gone out and about in.

The alleged drunk driving I can forgive if he puts in the work and takes a public stance - Outside a pandemic

I can't get over that he supposedly (if guilty) did this during something as serious as a whole population undertaking to combat the worst infectous disease since the Spanish Flu. It's like, EVERYONE are staying home, being good people, taking one for the team. He chose not to. He doesnt have to have been driving, going out to get drunk with your friends during a time like this is it for me.

I would LOVE to go out to meet my friends for a few beers, I miss the hell out of them. But I, like millions of others, are sacrificing social time so we can get on with our lives in a timely fashion. He chose not to, and that REALLY rubs me the wrong way.

My entire opinion is predicated on Jack Grealish having gone out to get drunk with his buddies. If that is true, this is my opinion. If he was in fact at home, then I recant my statement
Not to mention him posting this just before.. :lol:

Eli Zee

Agreed. Not to mention, these players have anything they can ask for. Pool tables, video games, pools, jacuzzis, books, iPads, Home theatres etc all to keep entertained in their luxurious homes. It’s not like they’re stuck in a 1bedroom apartment with a shit bed/tv and they need to go out or they’ll go crazy. I hope none of our current players are doing anything as stupid.

It seems very childish and selfish to risk spreading coronavirus just to go out and party. Yes, you may not be at risk health wise, but you sure as hell can transmit the virus to many people who are, or to people who will themselves transmit it to immunocompromised people.

KennyBurner

you're going extreme lengths to create scenarios for a player who seems to have terrible character. Why is it so hard for him to stay at home when he is aware of how important the current lockdown is? We are getting back to our best and Im not sure a player like him will be good for the atmosphere around the dressing room. We only want focused players at United.

KennyBurner

Right on the nail. Its so selfish and unbelievable if TRUE of course. For someone as privileged as him you would think staying put and doing you're part to fight a pandemic that has taken so many lives in a short amount of time would be easy. So many people doing their part to self isolate even though its costing them financially but here we have him doing whatever he likes because he can. Terrible character and it will only lead to future problems down the line. Talented player but there are more of him out there. I'll pass.

Nick7

I, for one, thought he was a dickhead before this.

I mean, no one wears their socks low like that and isn’t a dickhead, lets be honest.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Really like him as a player, but his slow gravelly "can't be arsed" voice really grates on me.

James Peril

He looks like trouble and has done enough to warrant a certain stigma, but still I don’t feel he’s a Bellamy-type or anything like that. His physique draws him closer to Ronaldo, he is obviously extremely fit and rigerous in his routines, so this latest thing is strange if it’s as bad as speculated. Drawn to alcohol, or just part of a bad, former crew? I would say his behavior on the pitch this season has been very mature, he is their captain after all, good body language, towards players, refs. But it kind of counts for nothing if he gets himself into trouble

Dve

Knowing how much Ole emphasises personality, professionalism and leadership qualities, this could easily be the one thing that finally blocks this transfer. One mistake (well, that we know of..) can sometimes make a huge impact on someone´s carrier, and I can´t help myself but feeling sorry for him.

Judas

Open to offers
Feeling sorry for him is mad, he's 24 years old, he's not a kid anymore, he's old enough to know his actions have consequences, he's been a massive plonker.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Well yeah we do, that's what a fair trial is for otherwise he could just go to prison now based on a tweet and some photo of him in or near the car, near a team mates home. I'm not saying he didn't do it, he probably did but I hope to god should some of you ever find yourself in trouble with the law you're given more benefit of the doubt than some people are giving him in here.
I'm not saying we don't need more evidence that he was drink driving, just that we don't need more evidence that it is him stood there next to the car in the pictures (especially so now he's admitted to it being him).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Suarez was a dickhead too.and Giggs...
And Rooney...
Grealish isnt exactly on their level though...
A thing to keep in mind is that Grealish would only be looked at if we sell Pogba IMO. Makes no sense otherwise. And hes a downgrade from Pogba as it is, but a good player none the less.

Unfortunately, a complete idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.