Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is such a great player, everything in his locker. He can pass, dribble (Arguably the best in the league when it comes to close control and body feints), scores and assists. He also looks like leader on the pitch and works hard for the team. On top of all these, he is versatile and plays every position equally good.

He should be first choice midfielder for England.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He is such a great player, everything in his locker. He can pass, dribble (Arguably the best in the league when it comes to close control and body feints), scores and assists. He also looks like leader on the pitch and works hard for the team. On top of all these, he is versatile and plays every position equally good.

He should be first choice midfielder for England.
So true but Southgate doesn't trust these type of talents. Just like(going back) Le Tissier and a few others. He'd have to build that midfield around him, and he won't.
Look at the strength he shows for the last goal...superb!

dal

———————Kane—————-
Rashford-Grealish—Sterling

That will be the euro preferred starting lineup if we play four at the back.

Sancho/Greenwood/Foden/Mount/Maddison/Abraham/DCL fighting for the remaining squad places.

personally I’d take Greenwood, Foden, Maddison, DCL & Sancho. Dier, Henderson, Rice in the middle. Sorry getting carried away.

At the end of the season if we can sell Pogba and bring in Grealish then that would be some serious squad management right there.

Replace Matic and find a diamond of a centre back, Haaland the next season, then I think we are at the optimal one in one out stage of squad management.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

———————Kane—————-
Rashford-Grealish—Sterling

That will be the euro preferred starting lineup if we play four at the back.

Sancho/Greenwood/Foden/Mount/Maddison/Abraham/DCL fighting for the remaining squad places.

At the end of the season if we can sell Pogba and bring in Grealish then that would be some serious squad management right there.

Replace Matic and find a diamond of a centre back, Haaland the next season, then I think we are at the optimal one in one out stage of squad management.
Grealish on the left though, he loves it there. That 3 lacks balance though. All right footed, all like to cut in. Don't know what the answer is but it's like putting all your talents into the mix and hoping it works.

On current form, buying Pogba won't finance JG

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Should have been signed as Sancho's alternative. I think he would have helped us a lot when Martial had his 3 matches suspension to fill in that left forward spot instead of James and good option to keep rotating Rashford, Martial & Grealish to keep them fresh. We lack this player from wide that can dribble and beat players in tight spot, Rashford & Greenwood don't do it but Grealish offers that aspect we don't have.

His end product has been better playing with Watkins than Wesley this year.

yamo123x

Class act.

Know so many villa fans and they all say he is brilliant. Would take him over sancho... he is leader too and works so hard, he would flourish at Utd.

Ole90+3

Those saying that we should have signed him instead of chasing Sancho, you do realise that Villa would have demanded a similar fee that we were unwilling to pay for the clear number one priority?

crossy1686

career ending
No chance he's getting out of Villa any time soon unless that new contract has a clause in it.

Laughable at the people in here who didn't want to sign him because he's apparently a dickhead. How things change.

Inigo Montoya

Class act.

Know so many villa fans and they all say he is brilliant. Would take him over sancho... he is leader too and works so hard, he would flourish at Utd.
Sancho is so much younger and has time to develop. If we had seen Grealish at the same age, we'd be saying he was overrated

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Those 3 would be north of 200m quid not to mention the crazy wages.

As soon as they stayed up, Villa wanted 80m for Grealish which is an exorbitant price.
We paid 35 rising to 40m for a player Ole hasn't used much. We paid 20m plus 20m in add ons for an unknown winger who isn't even here yet.

Grealish could have been signed.

Web of Bissaka

His best position is at LW, Rashford's position... so it's going to be another VDB situation if we do get him, bench-warming a good player wasting his talents. Not like he's going to play ahead of Bruno, no way. Even Ole is reluctant to try VDB on RW doing the Mata's role.

Just put Grealish at LW, then Rashford on RW. Easy solution. Done.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Saw this and it gave me a little hope.

Daniel James's own pressing has been a feature of his play and this was certainly evident again the first leg. An explosive performance on the right flank attracted a social media post from Aston Villa star Jack Grealish, who had been watching on television.

After a message of “Well done lad” from the England international, we were wondering where the pair had met, as they have never played for the same side.

“Yeah [we're friends], I’ve met him a few times as we actually have the same agency,” he explained. “I’ve seen Jack on holiday a few times actually and he’s a very nice lad.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ack-grealish-and-getting-in-team-of-the-week?

BTW How has Grealish been recently? Not seen this bumped as much as it was last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.