Jack Grealish

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
My only worry with him is that he is not that mobile without the ball. Almost an english Pogba in terms of talent and type.

But I guess this is what a good coach should be able to coach/develop/fix. And that is how good coaches do scoops others cant. A bit like Ferguson with Cantona, maybe?

I’ve not seen a great deal of him, but can’t imagine him leaving Villa mid-season, even if he has a release clause that’s met. A certainty to leave in the summer if they get relegated.

Is he in the running for Euro 2020?

one thing I know, he needs a better hairdresser.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nice little interview

I don't get the feeling we're in for him at all though

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't see him leaving mid season, unless the FFP rumours are true and we loan them a few players. He does seem like a united fan, after a villa boy first, of course.

I'd have him, perfect age as well.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I remember Grealish back then when he used to be considered a talented kid with bad behaviour, what a turn around that he made and not only that he’s a captain of the club especially at such a young age. I have watched Grealish played a few time this season, and I have to say he impresses me more than Maddison. His work ethic also good.

I think he can play anywhere across the attacking mid 3 and also CM in midfield 3. And I must say I would rather have him than Maddison. First of all he’s more matured now and a captain of the club, leadership he is ahead of Maddison. Second, I never heard Villa fans called him being inconsistent, while I heard Leicester fans called Maddison being inconsistent. Third, he’s likely to be cheaper than Maddison, and if Villa got relegated then it should bring his price down as well.

Hawks2008

At that price I think he represents better business than Maddison. A lot more versatile and has shown his quality at a lesser side. Don't see it happening in January but would be a smart addition if he's still available in the summer window.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I just can't accept his character. Seems to be a bit of a diva that performs whenever he sees fit. Would fit perfectly in an Arsenal team but he shouldn't be the standard we aim for at United

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I just can't accept his character. Seems to be a bit of a diva that performs whenever he sees fit. Would fit perfectly in an Arsenal team but he shouldn't be the standard we aim for at United
List what players we should we aim for to meet “the standard”.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yet you get opposition fans on here saying how rubbish the stadium is!

I can't remember if it was squishy, @InLevyITrust or another Spurs fan who really thought players wouldn't look forward to playing at Old Trafford :lol:

Oh no, @FootballHQ . Someone bringing up his poor character again! Even though he's been the upmost professional, and a leader for a while now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yet you get opposition fans on here saying how rubbish the stadium is!

I can't remember if it was squishy, @InLevyITrust or another Spurs fan who really thought players wouldn't look forward to playing at Old Trafford :lol:

Oh no, @FootballHQ . Someone bringing up his poor character again! Even though he's been the upmost professional, and a leader for a while now.
Wasn’t me.

Rocknrolla69er

Seriously research his stats, producing some very good creative numbers some of the best in the league , the lads got bags of end product, should be a no brainer signing him, especially if he's got a release clause.

I would prefer him to Maddison, i like Maddison too but he'll cost too much and we cant keep spending £80mil plus on players.

Red00012

This is like a comment from 2015.
He’s now Villa’s Captain.

He wouldn’t cost 80mill , he’s a Utd supporter and we wouldn’t have to watch Lingard run around a lot.

Classical Mechanic

Such a good player to watch. Hopefully we'll sign him. Grealish instead of Lingard/AP would be huge improvement.
Im sceptical because we already have one ‘free spirit’ that we find hard to fit. He would be better than Lingard or AP but then where do you play Pogba, would a midfield 3 with Pogba and Grealish have enough defensively. The other option is to play him as an inside left forward but that’s Rashford’s, James’s and Martial‘s best position too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Im sceptical because we already have one ‘free spirit’ that we find hard to fit. He would be better than Lingard or AP but then where do you play Pogba, would a midfield 3 with Pogba and Grealish have enough defensively. The other option is to play him as an inside left forward but that’s Rashford’s, James’s and Martial‘s best position too.
Yeah but we won't be playing Pogba as #10, so instead of AP/Lingard Grealish makes sense. Also not even sure if Pogba will stay next season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pogba probably going to play in CM/DM role against the lesser team.

IrishRedDevil

He is quality.

We need him for his set piece delivery alone. He would immediately improve our threat from free kicks and corners.

But ontop of that, his ball control and ability to retain and shield the ball is brilliant, meaning he is very difficult to press, and often results in him winning free kicks. We need more players like him who are comfortable receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch despite opposition players being ready to pounce - it’s key to starting counter attacks.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thing is , he would be bloody brilliant in the set up of City. We really dont know if we are going to a possession based model. The framework is being build towards a system with quick wingers , 2 hardworking midfielders and 2 attackers.

So where will he fit in ? You can certainly ignore the wing positions. Aa a No.10, does he have enough goals in him ? That's the reason I prefer Maddison.

Well, not exactly a problem with no solution though. A coach , who he knows the job can make it work.

sherrinford

Thing is , he would be bloody brilliant in the set up of City. We really dont know if we are going to a possession based model. The framework is being build towards a system with quick wingers , 2 hardworking midfielders and 2 attackers.

So where will he fit in ? You can certainly ignore the wing positions. Aa a No.10, does he have enough goals in him ? That's the reason I prefer Maddison.

Well, not exactly a problem with no solution though. A coach , who he knows the job can make it work.
He would fit in at left wing or no.10 comfortably.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Well given the performances we've produced in the last month he will be available for whoever really wants him in six months.