Jack Grealish

TGK

Supports
Liverpool
Plays with his socks rolled down. Reminds me of the 70's (Ardiles?).

Would buy.

dogwithabone

He’s one of those that you fear would be brilliant elsewhere if we don’t sign him but would probably go backwards and look a total waste of money if we did sign him.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he's worth the money you'd have to pay for him. A cut-price Beckham who'd just become a Charlie big-potatoes if he got a money move to a big club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

As per this article, Grealish has 45 million release clause.

simplyared

Not totally convinced he's as good as people are saying. Yes he impresses in some games but doing it consistently at a top club. I'm not sure. There's a bit of Jonjo Shelvey about him, if you know what I mean.

Champagne Football

The January window will determine if we finish mid-table or mount a late challenge for top 4. Dean Smith says none of his players have a release clause and none of his players will be sold in January, but many other reports state that Grealish has a buy out clause of £ 45 million.

Grealish may not be Modric but he's far better than what we currently have. He was made for yesterdays game against Watford, where a moment of brilliance opens up a stubborn defense and edges us ahead. Pogba would sulk less also if he had another player in midfield helping out with creative duties. It's a no-brainer really if we can activate a release clause.

marktan

The January window will determine if we finish mid-table or mount a late challenge for top 4. Dean Smith says none of his players have a release clause and none of his players will be sold in January, but many other reports state that Grealish has a buy out clause of £ 45 million.

Grealish may not be Modric but he's far better than what we currently have. He was made for yesterdays game against Watford, where a moment of brilliance opens up a stubborn defense and edges us ahead. Pogba would sulk less also if he had another player in midfield helping out with creative duties. It's a no-brainer really if we can activate a release clause.
For £45m it's a pretty good deal. He's not world class yet but he is very good. I think he could be something similar to Wjnaldum at Pool. To be honest it's been a very long time since we've had 3 technical players playing in midfield, the last time I can recall would probably be Scholes Carrick and Hargreaves in 08. Even something like Mctominay, Graelish and Pogba would help a lot against the smaller teams.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Not totally convinced he's as good as people are saying. Yes he impresses in some games but doing it consistently at a top club. I'm not sure. There's a bit of Jonjo Shelvey about him, if you know what I mean.
I get what you are saying, but in terms of talent and potential he is the real deal.

In our position and state, I do think a signing like him would make sense. A player with very high potential who will peak within a couple of years, available at a fair price.

DoomSlayer

Another player that we could have bought earlier for a much smaller fee. Would be a good signing all things considered.

simplyared

I get what you are saying, but in terms of talent and potential he is the real deal.

In our position and state, I do think a signing like him would make sense. A player with very high potential who will peak within a couple of years, available at a fair price.
If Pogba is staying then don't think we need that type of player. Rather have McGinn in that case.

Mylock

Grealish is a great talent. He or Madison would be a major improvement on our options for the No10 Role. Mata, Lingard, and Pereira are not up to the standard required, If Ollie believes they are good enough he is dreaming. They will get him the sack. Grealish has matured over the last few years, he's made for the big stage, he has started to develop into a consistent performer week in week out.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reckon shelvey would also improve your midfield. Good player.

Suvvernmanc

Not heard about a £45m release clause before.! If true, that would be superb business from us.

Grealish was good in the championship and i wasn't sure if he could not only replicate it in the PL, but improve even further in a quicker more technical league. He has done than and some! I have heard from a few journalists that he has sorted himself out off the field too and is an incredibly ambitious and dedicated professional. He is very underrated in general and imo is better than players like Mason Mount, Deli Ali and Eriksen to name a few. Him and Madisson should be told priority for those positions if available.

Lynty

:lol: :lol: I do know what you mean. Don't know why i'm laughing though, because Jonjo would walk into our starting 11.

If £45m release clause is true, it's a no brainer. He's more productive than Maddison in a worse team, already has leadership qualities and would cost significantly less.

the chameleon

I think he makes the most sense to sign as number.
  • Within a good price range.
  • Firing goals and assists already in the league.
  • Still young enough.
  • Has leadership qualities (not saying he's our next captain but we need leaders all over the pitch)
  • He's much better than what we have with room for improvement.

nyanza

Grew up on me and getting him and Haaland for their supposed release clauses would be such a nice boost in January. Really can't see it happening though.

Lynty

Grew up on me and getting him and Haaland for their supposed release clauses would be such a nice boost in January. Really can't see it happening though.
No chance in Jan. Possibly summer

ash_86

Problem is McGinn is out for 3 months. If villa sell Grelish now then the crowd would revolt. Hopefully sealed in summer.

Rocknrolla69er

No brainier signing him

Brings end product and creates a lot of chances as well as scores goals, anybody have Grealishs chances created, assists and goals stats? Then compare them to lingaards......big upgrade

Buy Buendia from Norwich too another one who creates loads in a position we lack in

Buendia upgrade on Mata
Grealish upgrade on Lingaard and Peirerra

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

What would the punishment be for a team not in Europe for breaking FFP rules??? Serious question. City's punishment was they could only bring a certain amount of players to Champions League games. I don't think that would both Villa one bit...

With that being said, I think Graelish is a very good player. My only problem with him is that he is more of a dribbler than a passer and I think the last thing this team needs is more players who look to do things on their own. We need players with an eye for a pass, good one/two touches, and great runs off the ball...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As long as Villa stay up, I don’t think he’ll leave for a few seasons yet. I think he’d be a great asset for a lot of the bigger clubs but he’s hardly a necessity for the price he’d cost. He’s like their Zaha in many senses.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He’s one of those that you fear would be brilliant elsewhere if we don’t sign him but would probably go backwards and look a total waste of money if we did sign him.
:D Isn't that like every other player United has signed in the last 6 years, though? ;)

Lynty

What would the punishment be for a team not in Europe for breaking FFP rules??? Serious question. City's punishment was they could only bring a certain amount of players to Champions League games. I don't think that would both Villa one bit...

With that being said, I think Graelish is a very good player. My only problem with him is that he is more of a dribbler than a passer and I think the last thing this team needs is more players who look to do things on their own. We need players with an eye for a pass, good one/two touches, and great runs off the ball...
Doesn't matter how it's done. We just need somebody to take responsibility and make chances.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He has an xa90 of 0,17 from open play. Maddison is on 0,12 from open play.

If you prefer key passes, Grealish is on 35 from open play. Maddison has 21 (with one more game played). And Grealish plays for Villa with players like Wesley.

Paul_Scholes18

He is a good player, but also feel more suited for a smaller team. Although he would be better than Lingard as a number 10.

Rocknrolla69er

All irrelevant if he's creating chances and assists and outperforms Lingaard and Pereira in every stat

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't think he has a general £45m release clause however he may well have one on relegation.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's closer to 60m apparently.

He won't leave mid season but ultimately we go back down and they'll be little choice. At 25 he's not going back to playing championship and understandbably so, can see a few of the top clubs being in for him and even Leicester if they sell Maddison and have CL on offer.

Le Red

Great attacking midfielder. 45m is a steal for a player like him in today's market. Just in the position where we're most dire.

Yagami

Good post resistant
McGinn, Mings and Grealish are Villa's most influential players, imo. With McGinn and Mings out, I'm looking forward to seeing if Grealish can turn Villa's fortune around.

I looked it up and the game he was referring to was our 2-0 victory over Ajax in the Europa league.

A sign that he'll join in January and propel us to European glory? :wenger: