Jack Grealish

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Nothing more cowardly than punching someone from behind. I'd be ashamed of myself.

Surely that ABH with intent. That carries a real prison sentence.

Josep Dowling

Disgrace. Seems to be a few moments this season with football hooligans. They need banning for life. I just don’t understand what goes on in their heads.

LARulz

And the idiots in the crowd who cheered him ffs
This. My ONLY possible excuse for some of them is that they may not have actually seen the punch but just a bunch of players and a "fan" all tangled together. Just assuming he is a 'run of the mill's invader

I fully expect huge security changes across the UK now, if not wider Europe to be honest. Just the realisation that anything could have happened there, imagine if he smuggled in a weapon

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Same thing happened at Easter Road on Friday night

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Nothing more cowardly than punching someone from behind. I'd be ashamed of myself.

From the looks of it, this wasn't the first time he's punched someone from behind. Knew exactly where he wanted to land that.

Josep Dowling

The club should be punished as well. Why? Because this type of behaviour is happening too often. Punish the club and fans might think twice about doing idiotic things like that.

deadrevelz

This. My ONLY possible excuse for some of them is that they may not have actually seen the punch but just a bunch of players and a "fan" all tangled together. Just assuming he is a 'run of the mill's invader

I fully expect huge security changes across the UK now, if not wider Europe to be honest. Just the realisation that anything could have happened there, imagine if he smuggled in a weapon
That was my thought. People will bring up terrorism.

slyadams

Not for me, the cheering coincides almost exactly with the punch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
sounds silly to say considering how downright horrific it is to see those scenes on a football pitch but that could have been a lot worse

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I reckon that if a fan in every stadium in England wanted to carry out the same act this weekend, very few would fail.

So for me, majorly punishing the club is harsh.

Also if the club was heavily punished, especially through a points deduction, what's to stop a Liverpool fan from going to a City game for example and doing something similar to sabotage City's run in?

Fine the club and throw the book at the individual.

predator

Youth NITK
Not sure of the reasoning behind those saying the club should play behind closed doors etc. Why should thousands of people be punished for the actions of an individual? Regarding the individual in question, what a absolute waste of a person. It genuinely baffles me how a grown man can even consider doing this. Pathetic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I reckon that if a fan in every stadium in England wanted to carry out the same act this weekend, very few would fail.

So for me, majorly punishing the club is harsh.

Also if the club was heavily punished, especially through a points deduction, what's to stop a Liverpool fan from going to a City game for example and doing something similar to sabotage City's run in?

Fine the club and throw the book at the individual.
Already been fined before of course....again look at who the opposition is.:rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/mar/29/birmingham-city-fined-pitch-invasion-cup

Just want this game over with now...if we win great but just get a draw and be done with it. No justice in the world if Blues knick this 1-0.

Member 115509

Can't quite believe that actually happened. Thankfully Grealish is OK and able to continue, the guy who punched him is probably lucky all the AV players that surrounded him didn't get a few digs in before he was led away. Can't say he didn't deserve it.
Sad to see that sort of thing, to say the least. Shameful.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Of course he'd target Grealish too. Coward.

Imagine some fecker doing to Keane or Vidic. They'd die on the pitch.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
From the looks of it, this wasn't the first time he's punched someone from behind. Knew exactly where he wanted to land that.
I know. I honestly don't get what he got out of that.. He must have been off his head on drink and drugs.

Dolf

Is it just me or are most stewards really slow? If you’re young and relatively fit it’s not that hard to get past a steward.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Absolute coward. From behind. Didn't even have the balls to go at Grealish face to face.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No way I’m not returning fire if that’s me. Give me a red card by all means if you wish.

Reynoldo

They should just have abandoned the match on the spot and awarded Villa the 3 points.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because of one guy who probably has a mental illness?
:lol: Here we go blaming mental illness.
What’s the chances the guy is just a nob with no self control.

fecking disgusting doing what he did and could cause a riot involving thousands. Totally different to a punch outside a pub that people are comparing it to

Spark

Literally one of the dumbest things I’ve seen for while. Will get a massive punishment for a terrible, cowarldy, punch from behind on a football player from rival club.

What the actual feck must his life be like to hate a rival football player to the point of running on the pitch and punching him (terribly), making not only himself look like the pond scum he actually is but also making the club he probably has tattooed on his dick look on par with Millwall.

My god.

Gasolin

Absolute disgrace but why did he attack Graelish specifically ?