Jack Grealish

James Peril

As others have said, it feels very much like Zaha's situation.

Too good for the club he's at. Not quite good enough for anyone to pay the premium that comes with him being the homegrown hero.
That’s where you are very wrong. He is good enough and Villa knows that, the other clubs don’t (but they might after this season). Zaha is perhaps too good for Palace, but his numbers aren’t incredible. Grealish directs most of the games he play and would for example, be a clear leader if playing for Man Utd. Over a 38 game season he would give us much more than Rashford, who in a sense is a very limited footballer for different types of games.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That’s where you are very wrong. He is good enough and Villa knows that, the other clubs don’t (but they might after this season). Zaha is perhaps too good for Palace, but his numbers aren’t incredible. Grealish directs most of the games he play and would for example, be a clear leader if playing for Man Utd. Over a 38 game season he would give us much more than Rashford, who in a sense is a very limited footballer for different types of games.
You shouldn't limit to just Rashford. He'd outright be our best player.

Idxomer

He's amazing, love watching him play.

Is he the 3rd best English footballer at the moment?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s brilliant, great to watch. He’d have been great for us to try and sign.

marktan

No surprise he looks even better with better players around him. Villa have done really solid business s

Renegade

His definitely at his best in that inside left position. His doing what Rashford tries to do for us. Playing as a creator from the flank.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How many minutes do we reckon he'll get for England over the three games, 10? :rolleyes:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I got a bit of stick when I said, if signed, he'd be coming here to start as he's better than Pogba and Bruno. He's just behind De Bryune as the best midfielder in the league.

Whatever Villa wanted for him > £40m for Donny

Yagami

Good post resistant
How many minutes do we reckon he'll get for England over the three games, 10? :rolleyes:
Southgate needs to wise up. He's been better than Kane, Rashford and Sterling domestically this past year. Only Sancho and Trent have been as consistently good.

He should be a starter with Kane and Sterling with Rashford and Sancho fighting it out for the 4th attacking spot.

To think the likes of Mount and Barkley are ahead of him in the pecking order.

A9X SJ

Gutted we did not go for this lad he’s a gem of player.... He’s so many levels better than Pogba
Displaying it this evening Villa look real good now with Barkley & Watkins added to the squad
What about the other lad Brentford had he’s meant to be good aswell.....

Renegade

I got a bit of stick when I said, if signed, he'd be coming here to start as he's better than Pogba and Bruno. He's just behind De Bryune as the best midfielder in the league.

Whatever Villa wanted for him > £40m for Donny
He plays further forward than Rashford tbf. Not sure he’d be playing midfield if he came here. Rashford would be seeing some bench time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He plays further forward than Rashford tbf. Not sure he’d be playing midfield if he came here. Rashford would be seeing some bench time.
Grealish is brilliant as a 10 or 8, too. His versatility on top of the fact that he remains at a consistently high level is amazing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
There's not an English midfield who should be ahead of him for the national side

Dante

Average bang
We wasted the entire summer on Sancho, when Grealish was available at the start if we'd put in the effort.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We wasted the entire summer on Sancho, when Grealish was available if we'd put in the effort.
People don't believe it, but Grealish is a same tier talent. I don't get why hes looked down upon. He's an elite talent.

Untd55

Southgate loves PACE PACE PACE in the final third....until that pace comes up against a low block and he has no idea what else to do.
He loves his two Defensive midfielders and five defenders formation, even though it has been awful every single time. No room for creative players I'm afraid.