Jack Wilshere documentary

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is Solius in it?

Brophs

The One and Only
I’ve not even got around to Citizen Kane yet so fecked if I’m going watch that old catshit.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
I still think he could've been great, if it wasn't for injuries early in his career.

Beagle

Why does this exist? who the hell is he? Why's there no movie about Kuszcack?

Sir Scott McToMinay

I just remember him trying to act tough with Fellaini, and Fellaini pointing the finger at him looking at the ref with that “wtf is this little guy doing”? look.

Talented but very hypocritical player who always talked and tried to act all hard but always got all worked up and ended up crying to the ref whenever he was tackled himself.

Was never a fan to say the least.

AfroBuffalo

Not going to bother; I’ve watched Casualty, ER, Holby City and even gave Scrubs a go. Hospital programs literally do nothing for me.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's amazing how you forget about certain players when they leave the "top" clubs, where is Wilshire these days? Hopefully some of our players disappear into nothingness soon enough.

Classical Mechanic

Basically he says his head went west when his son was suffering from seizures during an injury lay off just before he left Arsenal. Obviously it’s a position that has to be respected but I’d be more interested to know if he thought he played too much too young or how he thought all those injuries affected his progress etc.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He just seemingly wanished. Without searching I have no idea where he is today.

VJ1762

It's pretty sad the way his career has gone. I remember watching that Barcelona game with my Arsenal mates and thinking "he is going to be very good". I think only Ramsey and to a certain extent Walcott, have had a decent career out of Wenger's "British core".

SambaBoy

Wasn't there suggestions he was a coke head? The FA and Arsenal protected him and said he had a long injury lay-off yet there was pictures of him training allegedly?

Champagne Football

Those early days photos of him smoking in nightclubs before he'd done anything in the game, didn't give the impression of a player who'd have longevity.

RedFish

Shame. Was a big talent and not just based on a good match against Barcelona like some morons will try to make out
A big talent he was, but at some stage you have to move on from 'having lots of potential' Scholes was right about him.

Compare him to Joe Cole one of the outstanding youth players of his generation and there's no contest. Ultimately Cole disappointed in that his peak was less than I and any England fan may have hoped but still he had a largely successful club and *England career. Wilshere did sweet FA for England.

*relative obviously ( being England)

Revaulx

Shame. Was a big talent and not just based on a good match against Barcelona like some morons will try to make out
Yup. Agree.

I haven’t seen the programme yet but it did seem that while his luck with injuries was awful, his situation wasn’t helped by his being a bit of a tit.

Probably the most impressive English midfielder to have emerged since him, Harry Winks, looks like he’s going to have a similarly injury-blighted career.

Steven Seagull

A big talent he was, but at some stage you have to move on from 'having lots of potential' Scholes was right about him.

Compare him to Joe Cole one of the outstanding youth players of his generation and there's no contest. Ultimately Cole disappointed in that his peak was less than I and any England fan may have hoped but still he had a largely successful club and *England career. Wilshere did sweet FA for England.

*relative obviously ( being England)
Yeah it’s hard when you spend 6 months of every season in the physio room

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
but I’d be more interested to know if he thought he played too much too young or how he thought all those injuries affected his progress etc.
He never recovered from a broken ankle and it's a recurring ankle injury he'll never be able to shake off. If it weren't for that injuries he should of gone onto be a world class playmaker. Actually played for the shirt when the chips were down too.

Any excuse to post this:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Some weird reactions in here, almost reads like Stoke fans... A shame his career was ruined by injuries and clueless England managers.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Some weird reactions in here, almost reads like Stoke fans... A shame his career was ruined by injuries and clueless England managers.
He's a little twat, what did you expect?

Yes it's awful that his son was having seizures but we can't suddenly forgive him for years of being a little twat because of it like it's nothing.

SirAF

Ageist
Well, you are an Arsenal fan so you are the only target group for this documentary. Why would anyone else bother?

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Well, you are an Arsenal fan so you are the only target group for this documentary. Why would anyone else bother?
It has nothing to do with being an Arsenal fan, i just find it weird to mock a player's injury record while he's just talking about his experience and everything that surrounded that difficult period of his life. Few weeks ago everyone was patting themselves on the back about the BBC documentary about mental hardship for players and the first few replies here are "lol f him he once tried to headbutt Fellaini's chest" and "remember when this tw*t smoke a cigarette"
Sorry if you feel i'm overreacting, carry on with the bashing.

Djemba-Djemba

Remember that FA Cup game where we beat Arsenal with 8 defenders in the starting line up and the game was drifting towards full time, Arsenal had given up and we were content to just keep the ball and win 2-0.

And then Scholes came on as a late sub and seemed determined to get in a fight with Wilshere. Kept diving in at him.

It makes me laugh to think about it, but what was that about?

That's the only memory I have of Jack Wilshere.

SirAF

Ageist
It has nothing to do with being an Arsenal fan, i just find it weird to mock a player's injury record while he's just talking about his experience and everything that surrounded that difficult period of his life. Few weeks ago everyone was patting themselves on the back about the BBC documentary about mental hardship for players and the first few replies here are "lol f him he once tried to headbutt Fellaini's chest" and "remember when this tw*t smoke a cigarette"
Sorry if you feel i'm overreacting, carry on with the bashing.
Cheers! Or as Scrappy Doo would say, «let me at ‘em!»

RyRoc

OP probably should mention that a large amount of this documentary surrounds the fact that he didn't know if his son was going to live after suffering from illness and how that and injuries nearly forced him into retirement and problems with his mental health as replies come across as very distasteful if you've already watched the doc.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
OP probably should mention that a large amount of this documentary surrounds the fact that he didn't know if his son was going to live after suffering from illness and how that and injuries nearly forced him into retirement and problems with his mental health as replies come across as very distasteful if you've already watched the doc.
Stop overreacting please.