Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

Great perseverance shown by the club. Many wanted to pay the mental fees and get Sancho done, including me but the club didn't budge. So unlike the scattergun and panic buying approach of yesteryears. Hopefully we'll start being clever in the market again.

BarstoolProphet

Sancho and Haaland are good friends.

In no way am I suggesting signing Sancho means signing Haaland down the road, but maybe I am a little bit.
Ole is also friends with Haaland's father, so maybe they can arrange double dates in Manchester next summer.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Seems like Dortmund are pretty desperate for cash. Looks like a very favorable deal for United. Almost has a Wayne Rooney vibe to the transfer in terms of potential, and his numbers speak for themselves.

Hoping he turns out like Di Maria but it seems obvious to me that he'll hit the ground running at United.

big rons sovereign

Bout time. Best part about it is that the second he signed for United he became overpriced and shit.
Money is ruining football again....

Glorio

It says something how everyone close to Dortmund is really upset that he is going. That should tell you everything you need to know about the impact he is going to have.
There had better not be a "look after him" or "take care of him" message from them! :lol:

MattofManchester

Really, it's not the name of the player I'm delighted about.

We've finally signed a fecking first choice Right Winger!!!

Spoony

The People's President
Spoony knows everything. I worship the ground he walks on.

I wished Babs. I know nothing about stocks and shares but I do recall us floating the club to generate cash for the Stretford End which was built in 93. Whether that was the original question, I'm not sure. Then again Edwards was hardly a trustworthy man, so who knows eh?!

crossy1686

career ending
The thing is you’ve just come to this conclusion in your head. He didn’t speak on wanting to be a number 9 at that point as far as I’m aware, or even when Lukaku was brought in, so where do you get that idea? The other day you were saying he told Pogba to not forget about him when he goes to Madrid, and using it as an excuse to bash him :lol: It’s laughable.
And you can say that those incidents are normal but let’s be real, if Martial pulled what Scholes did you’d probably be burning his effigy.
It’s all well and good liking and disliking certain players, we all have our preferences but for some of you it’s obsessive, it’s like you can’t have a conversation without ripping into some players. Yet look how sensitive you get when someone criticises Rashford.
I’m not aware of him speaking about it either but another poster in here who’s french said he expressed his disappointment at losing the 9 shirt and as I said, he took to social media to update all his photos with a big number 9 when Zlatan got the shirt so draw your own conclusions from that.

It’s nothing personal with him, I just don’t think he’s good enough to play for United as a starter and it would appear that he thinks he should be at the detriment of the team. And I’m basing that on his performances whenever we sign another striker that plays in his position. If he’s not been sulking he’s doing a damn good impression of someone who sulks whenever he isn’t going to play every minute of every match. If my posts seem to be ripping into Martial it’s because there’s a certain section of this forum who literally support him more than the club and I’m tired of them trying to defend him based on a few months of good form last season.

As far as Rashford is concerned, he’s a great player with a great attitude who’s been carrying injuries and still put a shift in when asked and scored goals. The stick he gets is uncalled for. It’s hard to be sensitive about anything random strangers on the internet say so don’t read too much into it.

Zlatattack

I think he'll be great for us. He'll provide creativity and a goal threat on the right hand side, meaning we can confidently switch our attacks left or right, and it'll also mean because we have the threats out wide, there will be more room to attack through the middle too. I expect a lot more chances and goals next season.

FatTails

All this unzip malarky is just sad.
I agree. Been reading this forum for a long time and I found it funny like 6 years ago but it’s kind of boring now.

Anyway, glad we seem to be almost there. Excited to see him play and fingers crossed he can replicate his BVB form and not be another Memphis/Di Maria/Lukaku (class elsewhere but not at United).

Zlaatan

Parody Account
So nice to add yet another properly exciting attacking talent to this squad, can't wait to see them all develop over the next few years.

crossy1686

career ending
Can’t get over how bad the German defences are in those highlight reels, he won’t get that much room and players won’t be committing themselves as recklessly, but man he looks good

OL29

I’m not aware of him speaking about it either but another poster in here who’s french said he expressed his disappointment at losing the 9 shirt and as I said, he took to social media to update all his photos with a big number 9 when Zlatan got the shirt so draw your own conclusions from that.

It’s nothing personal with him, I just don’t think he’s good enough to play for United as a starter and it would appear that he thinks he should be at the detriment of the team. And I’m basing that on his performances whenever we sign another striker that plays in his position. If he’s not been sulking he’s doing a damn good impression of someone who sulks whenever he isn’t going to play every minute of every match. If my posts seem to be ripping into Martial it’s because there’s a certain section of this forum who literally support him more than the club and I’m tired of them trying to defend him based on a few months of good form last season.

As far as Rashford is concerned, he’s a great player with a great attitude who’s been carrying injuries and still put a shift in when asked and scored goals. The stick he gets is uncalled for. It’s hard to be sensitive about anything random strangers on the internet say so don’t read too much into it.
Did you verify this yourself? Because I’m almost certain it’s not true. He did delete all his photos but he’s done that a few times. Like the Madrid stuff, it seems like you’re just looking for things to get annoyed about. And all this stuff about supporting a player over the club is just as stupid as the Cult of Rashford nonsense. People defending players over perceived unfair criticism doesn’t equate to supporting an individual player.
And I agree with you about Rashford, he’s a top player with a good attitude, but large segments of the fanbase have questioned his own work rate over the past couple of seasons, yet you rightly say that the criticism is unwarranted. I think it’s the same for Martial, you can criticise his form but the constant petty digs that pollute almost every thread on here are unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.