Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

x marks the spot to which we have been getting closer and closer and closer. More than close now. So, so close. What do you say, Fabrizio, another 56 hours then eh?

diarm

This deal is like watching the decay of radioactive material. Except way more craic.

DavidDeSchmikes

Rashford- Professional Footballer, part time leader of the Opposition, now he is stealing Romano's thunder

Eddy_JukeZ

Deal is now 99.8% done.

Need Maguire to also respond "Yes X", so it gets to 99.9% done.

WPMUFC

We need Marcus to announce the deal with a picture of him hugging Jadon and the caption is "You love to see it"

It has to happen!!

NYAS

Honestly expected about 10 more pages given Rashford’s tweet. People really are bored of this aren’t they.

RUCK4444

I love how Romano’s best, most reliable source on this transfer was Marcus messing about on Twitter :lol:

I was right all along on this chancer, wayyyy back when.

WPMUFC

Honestly expected about 10 more pages given Rashford’s tweet. People really are bored of this aren’t they.
everyone knows its a done deal to the point Rashford will openly tweet about it. It's hard to get overly excited when all thats left is "addons" and continually hoping england get knocked out of the Euros so the medical can happen. Plus this a 2 year transfer now and the reporting is so boring that we are all essentially mocking the "X percentage to go" stage of the deal.

ChaddyP

Most the caf probably drunk or sleeping after the Germany game.

Funniest thing was when we signed Romero at 8 pm ET. :lol: was juts a few of us here go react

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'm also pretty sure they aren't. Yet when I'm giving documents to sign especially from my lawyer she always puts X where she wants me to sign. Was just light hearted fun man. Smoke some weed and breath :lol:
:lol: forgot about that, my mind was on Public Enemy (x to sign cheques, play to get paid)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Everyone knows it's been sorted out for a while but we're waiting for the Euros to be done

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pretty sure the game vs Germany made him realize just how much he missed home than playing for Apfelstrudel.

DSG

The argument for spending 120M is always "we might have had a better title challenge". It's just not a credible reason. Transfers can't always be a success and basically pinning our title hopes on spending 120m a 21 year old would have been stark raving mad. There's a lot to have ago at ed, joel and co, but not spending the obscene money asked for Sancho at the time of a global pandemic, is not one.
That’s quite easy to say now that we know they did not sanction it. The chase was real, but the price was too high. I don’t think they were as stupid as they looked, though. They probably decided how much they would pay, around 90m, offered something similar to Dortmund, and saw how they reacted.

People ask why they didn’t walk away earlier. Beacuse they didn’t know if Dortmund would change their mind or not. They also seem convinced that the board didn’t know or didn’t believe the 10th August deadline. They probably knew everything better than us and I’m sure they acted accordingly. Sometimes they look like clowns in the media but that’s because we don’t know the whole story.
I don’t believe I specifically called out Ed, I said the board, and I’m not necessarily saying they are incompetent (in this matter). I’m saying that if you look at the numbers, financially, and prize money, specifically, progression to the knockout stages of the CL and potentially deep into the quarters or semis would have paid off. Winners of the CL earn roughly €95m, quarters is like 60-70m I believe. That’s not “stark raving mad”, it’s business. You saved 30m, and lost the opportunity to increase revenue. Same with the league. Do I think we win the PL with Sancho? No. Would we have increased our chances? Absolutely, and the prize money that goes along with it. Progression in the CL and PL, more prize money, and one season of knowing your teammates, tactics and the staff better?

Hindsight is 20/20, but knowing where we landed without Sancho, FROM A BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE, we absolutely should have done the deal for Sancho last summer, even though it was for more money.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This place will be toxic if he doesnt perform in his first season. From the people that think we overplayed, to people that think he's just stat padding in a weak league to people that say he's a left winger to people that say we should have gotten Grealish. Would be out in full force.
Thats a 100%. There are plenty of (online professional) managers here all blessed with 20/20 hindsight vision; despite never having managed a Tesco convenience store, never mind a squad of multi-millionaire footballers before.

Status
Not open for further replies.