View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play. I didn’t deserve as thoughtful a response for a post which started out so dismissively! Apologies for the “utter bollox” comment. I do try to be less of an asshole on here. But it’s a work in progress!

No worries, glad someone called me out for what was bad post(s)!

What the hell is this? Where are the insults, the stats, the historical data, the point where mothers are brought into the argument?

Just kidding guys, agree with what's been posted. ETH has proven that he is the type of manager for whom you can get back into the squad in certain circumstances and stay there with form.

On topic, hopefully we get rid of Sancho today before tomorrow. The guy has been a massive waste of space and money.

Loan move to Italy you say. Those usually end in a massive permanent transfer.

The favoritism argument has always been nonsense. If there's one thing ETH has shown is that he's willing to give chances when players work hard and improve. AWB last season was a good example, and Maguire is the big one this season.
Hmm.. that's not an example of favouritism in the first place. Favouritism comes down to actual favourites, which only extends to those who play no matter what, which is where a select few in the team can be singled out.

Outside of that, it's just competition for places, which is a different thing entirely.

Citing what's happening with Antony now, months later, is not relevant for the timeline upon which Sancho became disgruntled.

You would imagine our priority is to sell him to the Saudi’s, but of course it depends on where he wants to go. Good of Juve to bail us out though if we need it.
Yeah good of them to bail us out with their inevitable offer of a 10m loan fee for two years with us paying his wages and an option for a 30m deal at the end. I hope we tell them to feck off and tell him he's taking the Saudi deal or rotting in the reserves unless someone comes up with something better.

So easy to jump on the bandwagon and dump on a player just because you don't rate him. A situation that could easily have been avoided.

You would imagine our priority is to sell him to the Saudi’s, but of course it depends on where he wants to go. Good of Juve to bail us out though if we need it.
Selling or loaning to Italian clubs is never good. They are always broke when they deal with us.
We ll take on loan, you pay salary.
We will buy for peanuts and we will pay over multiple years.

Selling or loaning to Italian clubs is never good. They are always broke when they deal with us.
We ll take on loan, you pay salary.
We will buy for peanuts and we will pay over multiple years.
Well the reported deal is loan with obligation to buy, which could work out, but you imagine either way, if he stays in Europe we're going to be paying some of his salary regardless.

So easy to jump on the bandwagon and dump on a player just because you don't rate him. A situation that could easily have been avoided.
A situation avoided by Sancho. I'm pretty sure most United fans wanted him to succeed here - and up to the point where he posted on Twitter, most were still hoping he could turn it around. I don't think it's a case of us not rating him, it's a case of one of the biggest earners at the club posting a ridiculous reply on social media following some really benign comments from a manager well within his rights to stick up for the players who make and effort in training. If Sancho wanted to earn some respect and time, then all he had to do was be a professional about his conduct and go tell ETH he would not be late again and work hard. If people don't grasp this concept, then it's more a reflection on their own outlook on what hard work and professionalism is about. The fact he has just decided to bum around in the reserves training whilst he sees the club is struggling on the field, tells us everything we need to know about him and his work ethic - if folk honestly think this is the kind of player we want around, then I feel sorry for them.

Hope Sancho is open to the Saudi move. Would rather we tell Juventus or any Serie A club to do one with their customary lowballing loan deals, or 20 year finance agreements. If Juventus were to throw in Chiesa then its worth a discussion, otherwise we should stand firm.

Hopefully our new footballing execs are in place by the time January comes along. Don't trust our current assortment of clowns to salvage a deal thats of some worth to us.

A situation avoided by Sancho. I'm pretty sure most United fans wanted him to succeed here - and up to the point where he posted on Twitter, most were still hoping he could turn it around. I don't think it's a case of us not rating him, it's a case of one of the biggest earners at the club posting a ridiculous reply on social media following some really benign comments from a manager well within his rights to stick up for the players who make and effort in training. If Sancho wanted to earn some respect and time, then all he had to do was be a professional about his conduct and go tell ETH he would not be late again and work hard. If people don't grasp this concept, then it's more a reflection on their own outlook on what hard work and professionalism is about. The fact he has just decided to bum around in the reserves training whilst he sees the club is struggling on the field, tells us everything we need to know about him and his work ethic - if folk honestly think this is the kind of player we want around, then I feel sorry for them.
If Sancho had been banging in 20 goals a season, we would not be having this conversation. Rashford was clearly dropped but ten Hag claimed he was injured. And if anyone honestly believes that Sancho, or any player for that matter would choose to just bum around in the reserves, then they are the ones who should be pitied.

Maybe just the wrong club at the wrong time. He was quality at Dortmund albeit there was always rumours about disciplinary issues.

It's amazing how so many quality looking players go to United but then look terrible when they come.

Maybe just the wrong club at the wrong time. He was quality at Dortmund albeit there was always rumours about disciplinary issues.

It's amazing how so many quality looking players go to United but then look terrible when they come.

Or just Dortmund players.

If Sancho had been banging in 20 goals a season, we would not be having this conversation. Rashford was clearly dropped but ten Hag claimed he was injured. And if anyone honestly believes that Sancho, or any player for that matter would choose to just bum around in the reserves, then they are the ones who should be pitied.

Bollox. ETH has twice already called out Rashford for not being professional enough off the pitch. The first time he dropped him. The difference is Rashfoed reacted in the right way - by apologising and taking the criticism on board - and was immediately put back in the team. If Sancho had the character to do the same he’d probably be starting our next match.

Bollox. ETH has twice already called out Rashford for not being professional enough off the pitch. The first time he dropped him. The difference is Rashfoed reacted in the right way - by apologising and taking the criticism on board - and was immediately put back in the team. If Sancho had the character to do the same he’d probably be starting our next match.
He’s rarely looked like getting above any of our forward options in the pecking order.

If he had the right attitude he might get some minutes here and there and that would obviously be more useful than a guy who has effectively made himself unavailable. I can’t get from there to seeing him start the next (or any) match.

Perhaps he realises he can’t quite make the grade here.

So, what's going on with Sancho? Punished? injured? Sorry, I am not up to date.

We need to bring him back into the squad. He's been poor so far but he can sort this out. If we can get him back to his dortmund form and the reason we bought him he'd be amazing playing near Hojlund.

Just want to point out that this is utter bollox. In the last fortnight ETH has dropped Antony to play both Pellistri and Rashford ahead of him on the right. Not to mention that injuries and (as it turns out) “other” issues means there would have been loads of opportunities for Sancho to get game time ahead of Antony this season.

Plus the redemption story of Maguire and McT is all the evidence you need that ETH is willing to stick with players that wouldn’t have been his first choice if they make the most of opportunities that come their way. If Sancho hadn’t been such a fecking baby, worked his arse off and given 100% to try and produce on the pitch there’s every chance he’d be a nailed on starter by now. If he’s capable of doing that, obviously. I suspect, deep down, he knows he’s a fairweather footballer, who hasn’t got the stones to do what Maguire and McT have done this season so doubling down on his antics and forcing a move is the better/easier option from his perspective.
Top stuff Pogue.

Does anyone actually miss him? I sometimes forget this entire situation is going on, a testament to the complete waste he has been.

Does anyone actually miss him? I sometimes forget this entire situation is going on, a testament to the complete waste he has been.

Forgot he existed until I saw this thread.

I don't miss him at all. The quicker he goes and we can replace him with a player who wants to be here and will actually perform, the better.

Same. I like Sancho and still hope he can fulfil his potential but so far in his United career he only showed moments of quality from time to time. I geniunely forget about the whole situation until it comes up from time to time here or on Twitter.

Nah he’s a prick. At this stage to not even have tried to build bridges says a lot about him. He’s a footballer who should be desperate to play football. Swallow your pride (though appears he doesn’t have any) and take the L and get back into the team. I mean half decent performances would have him starting most weeks in our attack. Disgrace of a footballer in all honesty.

How much did he cost? 70mil wasn't it? Doubt we'd get 15 if we sold him, no one is going to want to spend big on him now he's been shown to have a bad attitude.

By the time he fell out with ETH we were already at the point where it would have be zero surprise to see even the likes of Pellistri start ahead of him. So nah.

Just want to point out that this is utter bollox. In the last fortnight ETH has dropped Antony to play both Pellistri and Rashford ahead of him on the right. Not to mention that injuries and (as it turns out) “other” issues means there would have been loads of opportunities for Sancho to get game time ahead of Antony this season.

Plus the redemption story of Maguire and McT is all the evidence you need that ETH is willing to stick with players that wouldn’t have been his first choice if they make the most of opportunities that come their way. If Sancho hadn’t been such a fecking baby, worked his arse off and given 100% to try and produce on the pitch there’s every chance he’d be a nailed on starter by now. If he’s capable of doing that, obviously. I suspect, deep down, he knows he’s a fairweather footballer, who hasn’t got the stones to do what Maguire and McT have done this season so doubling down on his antics and forcing a move is the better/easier option from his perspective.
+1 good post

We need to bring him back into the squad. He's been poor so far but he can sort this out. If we can get him back to his dortmund form and the reason we bought him he'd be amazing playing near Hojlund.

I agree with you that he would combine well with Hojlund as he did with Haaland as their play styles compliment each-other. At Dortmund, Sancho showed how deadly he was playing perfectly weighted passes between the full-back and the centre-back. Hojlund, as a player who is best playing on the shoulder of the last defender, would feast in those situations.

Sancho also showed promise in pre-season by playing in a false 9 role, so it is really bizarre that Ten Hag hasn’t tried him there. I think it we would be dangerous with the speed and power of Rashford and Hojlund either side of him.

Sadly, all three of what should be our starting forward line have been misused by Ten Hag. It is ironic that he says we can’t play Ajax ball because he doesn’t have the players for it. Yet our best players for attacking transitions are all misused in some way.

Unfortuantely, most of our fanbase has been brainwashed by Ten Hag. There is no way back for Sancho even though our forwards have a combined 4 goals in the league, three of which were in the last match vs. Everton. Another talent wasted by this shambolic club.

I agree with you that he would combine well with Hojlund as he did with Haaland as their play styles compliment each-other. At Dortmund, Sancho showed how deadly he was playing perfectly weighted passes between the full-back and the centre-back. Hojlund, as a player who is best playing on the shoulder of the last defender, would feast in those situations.

Sancho also showed promise in pre-season by playing in a false 9 role, so it is really bizarre that Ten Hag hasn’t tried him there. I think it we would be dangerous with the speed and power of Rashford and Hojlund either side of him.

Sadly, all three of what should be our starting forward line have been misused by Ten Hag. It is ironic that he says we can’t play Ajax ball because he doesn’t have the players for it. Yet our best players for attacking transitions are all misused in some way.

Unfortuantely, most of our fanbase has been brainwashed by Ten Hag. There is no way back for Sancho even though our forwards have a combined 4 goals in the league, three of which were in the last match vs. Everton. Another talent wasted by this shambolic club.

:lol:

A guy who can't even be arsed doing pressups properly in training is going to waltz in and be our best forward after not managing it the other 50 times.

People that throw names like Anthony or Pogba around as worst signings ever completely forget about this waste of space. Has offered absolutely nothing since he came her. Hands down our worst ever signing.

Such a disappointment too as you can see the technical ability.

Yeah, Sancho is absolutely blameless in all of this...:rolleyes:

What a pile of absolute rubbish. He does not care about football at all. Living la vida loca while stealing the living! He has done nothing in 2 years but we should bring him back to his Dortmund form. Right...

You know the character when you instead of doing everything you can to get back to some kind of form and club, you decide to go to different clubs for party and travel around world just for fun.

:lol:

A guy who can't even be arsed doing pressups properly in training is going to waltz in and be our best forward after not managing it the other 50 times.

Sancho’s numbers as a teenager are better than Cristiano and Messi’s combined. Nuff said. It’s a manager’s responsibility to get the best out of him. My original post focused on tactical nuances and you want to refer to a five second clip where he wasn’t doing press ups properly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A combined 1 (ONE) goal in 12 league games between all of our forwards before the Everton game. But I guess it’s okay because they do press ups properly ALL the time, right?

Yeah, Sancho is absolutely blameless in all of this...:rolleyes:

It’s not about whether Sancho is blameless. He has his grievances and whatever he did did not warrant: 1) his manager publicly criticising him in a press conference and 2) getting totally banished from the team unless he was further humiliated through a grovelling public apology.

Sancho had every right to rebut Ten Hag’s initially attack on his professional commitment. He deleted the post and apologised in private, which should have drawn the line there. So can you please tell me why Ten Hag is insistent on a public apology unless he is on an ego trip designed to humiliate Sancho further?

In what world do you think you can get the best out of your human resources through several public humiliations?

Moreover, a question for you Ten Hag loyalists. When will you realise that he is the common denominator in all of these dressing room crises?

He disrespected Cristiano who did more for this club than he ever would. He disrespected Varane and Casimero who have done more in football than he ever would. He tried to force out Maguire and McTominay and now they are saving his job. He got rid of Fred and De Gea and replaced them with far worse players. His tactics caused us to lose 7-0 at Anfield and he blamed the players. Tactically we are a joke. If you’re happy for this fraud to treat MY club like his dictatorship, fine. That right, however, has to be earned.

You can blame Sancho all you like. For me, he simply jumped ship before it sank. I am confident that he will outlast Ten Hag at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.