View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
So by your logic, when a player comes in as a sub and doesn't change the game he doesn't deserve another chance, while a player who is constantly starting and fails to deliver is allowed to start the next game?
At least Garnacho has the excuse of being a 19 year old and at least tries something. Sancho is a coward and is awful.

Glorio

I don't think he impacted the game at all, what I think could help is he starts and feels his way into the game, and then Garnacho can come on and change things later on.

The roles work better switched I feel. Such a soft player though

The Mitcher

I don't think he impacted the game at all, what I think could help is he starts and feels his way into the game, and then Garnacho can come on and change things later on.

He starts and does nothing as well. He needs to go.

Irwin99

Did ok again. Worth a start and can't be any worse than our other wingers at the moment.

The Mitcher

It's amazing how he just get's away with being a nothing player but our best players will get slated despite them consistently putting in numbers and performances.

dinostar77

Sancho isnt a winger, he's a wide playmaker. The problem for him is that there are a few "undroppable" players who no matter how bad they perform wont be dropped: rashford, bruno and anthony.

Personally i think his best position would be at no10. But he won't get a run in that position because of bruno. Even if he did, rashford and antony are so one dimensional cutting into their respective half spaces that they lack the footballing intelligence to play with Sancho the way he'd want to pull the strings.

So he has to play one of the wide positions. However he needs players around him to be on same wavelength, to play the 1-2's and passing triangles. Unfortuntely for him, rashford is a shoe-in on the left. Which leaves the right wing. Hes technically better than antony, but doesnt do the off the ball work that antony does. Also we dont have a RB of sufficient quality going forwards to link with Sancho and play those inticate 1-2s etc, that he prefers.

We are back to the situation where we have a imbalanced squad, with players of different profiles who suit different systems and the zum of their parts isnt sufficient to make up for the deficiences in our gameplan.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sancho isnt a winger, he's a wide playmaker. The problem for him is that there are a few "undroppable" players who no matter how bad they perform wont be dropped: rashford, bruno and anthony.

Personally i think his best position would be at no10. But he won't get a run in that position because of bruno. Even if he did, rashford and antony are so one dimensional cutting into their respective half spaces that they lack the footballing intelligence to play with Sancho the way he'd want to pull the strings.

So he has to play one of the wide positions. However he needs players around him to be on same wavelength, to play the 1-2's and passing triangles. Unfortuntely for him, rashford is a shoe-in on the left. Which leaves the right wing. Hes technically better than antony, but doesnt do the off the ball work that antony does. Also we dont have a RB of sufficient quality going forwards to link with Sancho and play those inticate 1-2s etc, that he prefers.

We are back to the situation where we have a imbalanced squad, with players of different profiles who suit different systems and the zum of their parts isnt sufficient to make up for the deficiences in our gameplan.
Pretty sure he got some games last season at 10 and was rubbish

united for life

i dont think he should be used as a LW. Marcus and Garnacho cover that position. I think he should challenge Antony, who is anyway not doing well, for the RW position. He played there at Dortmund from what I have read about lineups - I didnt follow him back then.

It’s his third season for us, we really need to start seeing what’s special about him.

fps

If he had the talent and engine he’d push Bruno out of his position then. He doesn’t so he hasn’t.
Teams don’t play a 10 these days anyway.

Highfather_24

Seems to suffer from the Nani syndrome, where the fanbase decides that his best position is the opposite wing of what he played in the last couple of matches.

JuriM

I can't understand how he is so slow I saw him plenty in Dortmund and he never seemed slow and now since the first game he touched the ball in England again, he is one of the slowest players on the pitch.

Cassidy

I can't understand how he is so slow I saw him plenty in Dortmund and he never seemed slow and now since the first game he touched the ball in England again, he is one of the slowest players on the pitch.
German football tempo isn’t as quick and the PL

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Its true that Pepe has more goals + assists for Arsenal than Sancho + Antony combined for United
Sad thing is I'm more surprised that Pepe got 50 then Sancho only having 10.
I'm shocked this is true.

We need to have very serious conversations about our players. It's incredible the kind of mediocrity we have been subjected to and fans accepted as good enough.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Sancho just needs to find the same uncompromising photos of ETH that Antony has and he will be fine. His underlying data is reasonable for player his age. Not much you can do when the manager prefers players he brought to the club though.

vanrooney

pepe joined arsenal in 19/20 and went in 22/23. so had 3 full seasons where he had 25 goals and assists in the pl. sancho is here for 2 seasons and has 15 g+a. so 25/3=8,3 vs 15/2=7,5. both not great but there is not that big difference that is insinuated by the tweet. the numbers there are also totally wrong

El Jefe

Don't really understand not starting him. Not because I think he's any good but he is not really an impact player off the bench while Garnacho is. He could also play centrally which allows Rashford to be on the left.

Last season showed it's better for Sancho to be shite as a starter than Garnacho. Sad state of affairs but its the reality for us.

Cassidy

I'm shocked this is true.

We need to have very serious conversations about our players. It's incredible the kind of mediocrity we have been subjected to and fans accepted as good enough.
Are you sure fans are accepting it?

aeh1991

Now that Greenwood is gone, Pellistri will be loaned and Diallo still injured, I really hope Sancho can make the RW position his own. He is far more creative than Antony and long term with a CF like Hojlund he will hopefully look more productive too.

Plastic Evra

With overlap being not the strong suit of AWB, would it be more interesting to have a playmaker rather than Antony ? The latter for his faults never was defaulted on ball retention and workrate...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Nice to see a good post on the issue.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With overlap being not the strong suit of AWB, would it be more interesting to have a playmaker rather than Antony ? The latter for his faults never was defaulted on ball retention and workrate...
Antony’s last performance was simply too bad for him to keep his place imo. And Sancho has been playing well since preseason so for me it’s a no brainer to give him a few starts now.

Although logically we should have already upgraded on Awb / Dalot to provide Sancho and Antony a RB who is good on the ball and can make driving runs ahead of them. It’s just typical of us to make life even harder for our players by not playing to their strength. I have no idea what sense it is to have Awb covering as a semi Cb semi RB when your main RWs are link up players who need that support to play off of. They need to improve but if we keep expecting them to play like Arjen Robben thriving on taking defenders out through individuality it isn’t going to happen. They need to drop inside into pockets of space with the fullback marauding on and providing width.

ZainCRse7en

Its true that Pepe has more goals + assists for Arsenal than Sancho + Antony combined for United
Pepe would do very well here imho. A perfect transition player. He flops at Arsenal as he does not suit all that possession based tiki taka crap. Here on the other hand, reckon he could be a player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was it? I thought he looked tidy again and has since preseason. Hope he starts soon.

edgecutter

He was better than Martial, but even a traffic cone would have been an improvement. Sancho really is another massive waste of money

Catalandevil

It is not gonna happen, but the best for him would be to leave on loan. Swap loan with a Bayern midfield?