View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hopefully he goes on a little run now. Recoup as much money as we can and not have to force enough loan

RORY65

Nice goal but even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Looking forward to more completely forgettable performances from him next season.

edgecutter

Do any of you want him to come back and do well or has he burned his bridges?
I want him gone. Overpaid and provided nothing when he played.

Also needed 3 months out and was an embarrassment in the FA cup final.

Mike Smalling

Anybody would want him to come back, if they thought he would do well. We are in short supply of good forwards.

The problem is there is nothing to indicate he actually would do well. Plays with no intensity or desire. Just another empty kit.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I wouldn’t mind if he apologised and actually fully knuckled down. What does he be doing at Dortmund? Is he being professional or do they just let him do what he wants? Is it that he is away from bad influences over there or just that the football is easier?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Well hes playing for a better team than us currently. I hate this attitude of just pointing fingers at the player, what about our role in it?
This is a player who can't be arsed to get out of bed to turn up for training on time, preferred to play on his Playstation rather than acknowledge that attacking his manager on social media isn't a good idea

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well hes playing for a better team than us currently. I hate this attitude of just pointing fingers at the player, what about our role in it?
Are you saying that he hasn’t had multiple chances over the last 2 seasons? He’s played right, he’s played left, he’s played central, he’s had full matches, he’s had bits of matches, he’s been sent off to Holland to train and mentally prepare. The club have bent over backwards for him

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Scores a good goal and his recent underwhelming performances are forgotten. :lol:

Hammondo

This is a player who can't be arsed to get out of bed to turn up for training on time, preferred to play on his Playstation rather than acknowledge that attacking his manager on social media isn't a good idea
But why is he lazy for us? We have a bad reputation for our players being lazy and arrogant in recent years, so why focus on him?

Wasn't a good idea for our manager to say what he did either.

CallyRed

Now's he scored a goal we must do all we can to keep him. Which won't be hard to do.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
But why is he lazy for us? We have a bad reputation for our players being lazy and arrogant in recent years, so why focus on him?

It’s nothing as bad as managers have said in the past about other players.
Sancho has a choice, get his head down and prove everyone wrong or sulk immaturely. Guess what he chose? I doubt he’s got the cahones to make it at United

Last edited:

DanH

Maybe our reputation for players being lazy comes from overindulging them when they don't perform?

Last edited:

Hammondo

It’s nothing as bad as managers have said in the past about other players.
Sancho has a choice, get his head down and price everyone wrong or sulk immaturely. Guess what he chose? I doubt he’s got the cahones to make it at United
True managers have said worse, but they rarely say anything. If a manager says something then don't be shocked if a player defends themselves, it's only natural.

You could argue the manager sulked as much as the player.

Zed is not dead

He’s hardly pulling up trees with Dortmund.
2 goals and 1 assist in 3 months is hardly enough to incriminate the club or Ten Hag for mishandling Sancho

Hammondo

Maybe our reputation for players being lazy comes from overindulging then when they don't perform?
100 percent, and that culture affects other players that would be lazy with a better culture, we have to accept our part of the blame in this.

As far as I know, he's not had close to the amount of problems in Dortmund, they wanted him back.

Red00012

I can’t see Dortmund buying him but hopefully he carries on like today and some club will come in for him .

Hammondo

He’s hardly pulling up trees with Dortmund.
2 goals and 1 assist in 3 months is hardly enough to incriminate the club or Ten Hag for mishandling Sancho
I don't want him back, I'm not saying that, but we got to look at our role in why players rarely work out over here.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

On the pitch maybe, but as far as I'm aware they turn up on time for worl, Sancho had form for lateness in Germany as well

As for what ETH said, nothing wrong with that, all Sancho had to do was say "I disgree with that assessment" and leave it at that, but he didn't

Hammondo

On the pitch maybe, but as far as I'm aware they turn up on time for worl, Sancho had form for lateness in Germany as well

As for what ETH said, nothing wrong with that, all Sancho had to do was say "I disgree with that assessment" and leave it at that, but he didn't
Didn't he basically say that, or did I miss something?

DanH

100 percent, and that culture affects other players that would be lazy with a better culture, we have to accept our part of the blame in this.

As far as I know, he's not had close to the amount of problems in Dortmund, they wanted him back.
I do agree that the club has allowed a negative culture to emerge, and the club certainly deserves some blame. People's careers have suffered.

That being said we need to reset and look forward. I don't see how bringing Sancho back supports the goal of improving United.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Worldie performance today from a generational talent that was held back by a poor Man Utd system.

Hammondo

I do agree that the club has allowed a negative culture to emerge, and the club certainly deserves some blame. People's careers have suffered.

That being said we need to reset and look forward. I don't see how bringing Sancho back supports the goal of improving United.
Absolutely, I don't think looking back works often with anything. It's done, learn from it and replace.

Captmfla

Sancho helped 10 men Dortmund secure a win by scoring the winning goal. Amazing. Finally can recoup some value from the transfer.

NoPace

I understand why Antony isn't working out (can't really spot a pass forward, good but not amazing at creating the space to shoot with his left, no right foot (contributes to why he has trouble getting a shot off on his left), not strong enough to get on things at the back post, just lacks the one great quality that makes a winger explosive).

Why Sancho isn't a City-style winger slowing things down, retaining the ball under pressure and helping pin teams back when we have the ball and being useful on the counter as a smart passer and fairly decent (say 10 league goals a year) goal-scorer, I have no idea whatsoever.

arthurka

Hope the German media keeps hyping him up. Sancho Sancho Sancho (to the song of Chelsea X3)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Of all of your bad takes, claiming Maguire isn't a problem for our fanbase is really up there.
Oh don’t get me wrong, he’s shite…but he isn’t in a conversation like the one being had.

Of all of your lack of insight, picking that out of this discussion really shows how blinded people are by agenda.