Jadon Sancho Borussia Dortmund loan watch (Has ended ten Hag)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That's great news hope others notice his willing contribution so Utd will be able to sell him for 20m.
Yes... of course it would be even better if it started to click for him and he would actually get goals and assists for Dortmund. Truly unlucky that he walked into the worst Dortmund side in years (and obviously can't have the form to fix that on his own, even if he tries)

Pickle85

Yes... of course it would be even better if it started to click for him and he would actually get goals and assists for Dortmund. Truly unlucky that he walked into the worst Dortmund side in years (and obviously can't have the form to fix that on his own, even if he tries)
Yes, 'unlucky' is definitely the word I'd use to characterize Sancho at the moment. So unlucky to be sitting on a huge contract that he doesn't deserve while doing feck all.

Why are there so many fans of unrelated German clubs making excuses for him?! The guy's a waster.

Sylar

Its defo not down to luck that hes been shunned away from United, was offered on loan and no 'top' teams with a good side came in for him.
Hes where he is at due to his own stuff. He can blame others as much as he wants, but overall hes been abysmal for United. Hes had backing, time off, and the such, and this was his third season at United. Or was supposed to be. The funny thing is, he would probably be playing right now for United and getting a chance to stink it up here, if his ego wasnt so big / fragile.

I actually hope he picks up form at Dortmund so that his value retains / goes up and United can cash in on him. Then at that point, whether he flops or succeeds is on him.

United should take blame for giving him a ridiculous contract. If he was unwilling to come to United unless we gave him 350k per week, then that should have been the first red flag. Heck, he should have been on less than 200k when signed (not sure what he was on before, but i wouldnt be surprised if it was less than 100k to begin with, so it should have just been an easy 'we will close to double your money if needed')
Anyway, thats the stupidity of United as we have seen over and over again with contract extensions (like we just saw with Rashford)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yes, 'unlucky' is definitely the word I'd use to characterize Sancho at the moment. So unlucky to be sitting on a huge contract that he doesn't deserve while doing feck all.

Why are there so many fans of unrelated German clubs making excuses for him?! The guy's a waster.
We remember him being as something other than a waster from his first spell at Dortmund. But I fully get why United fans look at him in a less positive way. ;)

Pickle85

We remember him being as something other than a waster from his first spell at Dortmund. But I fully get why United fans look at him in a less positive way. ;)
I guess you guys saw him at his best. Shame he seems to have gotten a huge contract and basically retired now. I had huge hopes for him when he joined.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I guess you guys saw him at his best. Shame he seems to have gotten a huge contract and basically retired now. I had huge hopes for him when he joined.
I think so too, and yes it's a shame. I'm still wondering what really happened to him after his transfers because I feel like none of the usual explanations and accusations really can explain what I see as a massive downfall.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
When he moved to United and his form was nowhere near Dortmund form, it was easy for his fans to say “then it’s United’s fault” (ignoring the fact he had Haaland as a target to help his stats) or “he needs to settle” (ignoring he’s English and had played in England most of his career).

Then United gave him time off and dedicated training and support.

Now he’s back in the easier league with the team/club that apparently played him correctly and he still looks sh!t.

He’s run out of excuses… it’s him?

Idxomer

Saw a clip of his last performance and it's not much different from the type of highlights that had people drooling over him before.

The negative reaction tells you how much the perception of his talents has changed.

Acquire Me

We should get a decent amount for him. I can’t see him being back for us, so hopefully he can add more games and goals/assist before the season ends.

Doracle

We should get a decent amount for him. I can’t see him being back for us, so hopefully he can add more games and goals/assist before the season ends.
He’s on too high a wage to sell I suspect. Probably see him back as an option under a different manager next season.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Worth 60m at least. Warra player.

RORY65

Nice goal but even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Looking forward to more completely forgettable performances from him next season.

edgecutter

Do any of you want him to come back and do well or has he burned his bridges?
I want him gone. Overpaid and provided nothing when he played.

Also needed 3 months out and was an embarrassment in the FA cup final.

Mike Smalling

Anybody would want him to come back, if they thought he would do well. We are in short supply of good forwards.

The problem is there is nothing to indicate he actually would do well. Plays with no intensity or desire. Just another empty kit.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I wouldn’t mind if he apologised and actually fully knuckled down. What does he be doing at Dortmund? Is he being professional or do they just let him do what he wants? Is it that he is away from bad influences over there or just that the football is easier?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Well hes playing for a better team than us currently. I hate this attitude of just pointing fingers at the player, what about our role in it?
This is a player who can't be arsed to get out of bed to turn up for training on time, preferred to play on his Playstation rather than acknowledge that attacking his manager on social media isn't a good idea

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well hes playing for a better team than us currently. I hate this attitude of just pointing fingers at the player, what about our role in it?
Are you saying that he hasn’t had multiple chances over the last 2 seasons? He’s played right, he’s played left, he’s played central, he’s had full matches, he’s had bits of matches, he’s been sent off to Holland to train and mentally prepare. The club have bent over backwards for him

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Scores a good goal and his recent underwhelming performances are forgotten. :lol:

Hammondo

This is a player who can't be arsed to get out of bed to turn up for training on time, preferred to play on his Playstation rather than acknowledge that attacking his manager on social media isn't a good idea
But why is he lazy for us? We have a bad reputation for our players being lazy and arrogant in recent years, so why focus on him?

Wasn't a good idea for our manager to say what he did either.

CallyRed

Now's he scored a goal we must do all we can to keep him. Which won't be hard to do.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
But why is he lazy for us? We have a bad reputation for our players being lazy and arrogant in recent years, so why focus on him?

It’s nothing as bad as managers have said in the past about other players.
Sancho has a choice, get his head down and prove everyone wrong or sulk immaturely. Guess what he chose? I doubt he’s got the cahones to make it at United

Last edited:

DanH

Maybe our reputation for players being lazy comes from overindulging them when they don't perform?

Last edited:

Hammondo

It’s nothing as bad as managers have said in the past about other players.
Sancho has a choice, get his head down and price everyone wrong or sulk immaturely. Guess what he chose? I doubt he’s got the cahones to make it at United
True managers have said worse, but they rarely say anything. If a manager says something then don't be shocked if a player defends themselves, it's only natural.

You could argue the manager sulked as much as the player.