Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What else can "personal terms 100% agreed" mean? Obviously we can't sign the contract yet without BVB's permission, but that tweet suggests everything is ready to sign whereas what he said today suggests that isn't the case.
How many teams agree fees with clubs and then fail to agree terms with a player? It happens i'm sure but not very often so when journalists say contracts agreed just still waiting for fees between clubs to be agreed they aren't really going out on a huge limb are they? It's a 50 50 call too. They are either agreed or not.

CM

Can you lot buy Depay (using your buyback clause) and sell him iimmediately to Dortmund at cost?
I think it's more a first refusal thing than an actual buyback. I think we've got a sell-on clause too, so it wouldn't be in our interest to do that.

laughtersassassin

Going to this camp means nothing but we are going to look real stupid if we miss out on this deal and waste the first 3 weeks of the window considering Ole will want all his singing by the first game and considering Sancho is our number 2 target

Dortmund have made a big deal of the deadline - it will be hard for them to publicly climb down from that. My guess is that the press conference Zorc has called for today will be used to say that Sancho is now staying for another year.

That probably won't be the end of it - I can imagine that we might come back in September/October and test their resolve - but it will put the deal on the back burner for a while.
So after weeks of negotiating we give up on our main target if 18 months? I don't see it

sport2793

United can brief that the deadline is artificial all they like. If Dortmund stop contact from today (and i said 'if' in my original post) then it would serve United right. I'd actually respect Dortmund a little more if they did stick to their deadline.

At no point did I have a 'meltdown'. I'd have said the same exact thing if I were a Dortmund fan.

And the only one coming off naive is you.
Actually Romano has been one of the main people saying that the deadline is artificial. His source is most likely the agent (based on other transfers he's reported on + the Bleacher Report video done about him), doubt he has contacts directly at United.

Well we will know sooner rather than later how this deal will end up.

Alemar

The most likely reason for a delay if BVB attempts to get a replacement prior to the Sancho announcement, otherwise fees may get inflated.

As such, and taking into account that it’s been very quiet (without “deal is off” from reputable sources), it is quite likely that there is no need to panic yet :)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I have to also ask do you think this deal depends on what's said today?

I can see both sides but it's naive to consider this as done so early in the window irrespective of what's said in the background.
I think what will be said today depends on the state of the deal, they won't call things off if a deal is close. And while I wouldn't vouch for this 10th of August deadline being set in stone, the logic behind it is quite obvious and going by that logic the cost of selling late goes up with every day that passes. To a point where even €120m won't be enough. I can't tell when that point comes, but if woody calls up in four weeks telling them "okay you win, we pay €120m" I wouldn't be surprised if they told him "sorry, but now we have built our tactic around Jadon and our replacements are off the market".

El Zoido

The most likely reason for a delay if BVB attempts to get a replacement prior to the Sancho announcement, otherwise fees may get inflated.

As such, and taking into account that it’s been very quiet (without “deal is off” from reputable sources), it is quite likely that there is no need to panic yet :)
Correct. We’ll know if it’s dead, the journo briefing will be obvious. I think we’ll know one way or another after today.

mu4c_20le

Anyone that takes this Jan fella seriously is a fool.. guys always been a knobhead, and usually a step behind in previous transfer sagas

LonelyFire

The most likely reason for a delay is the clubs haven’t agreed a fee. Nothing to do with Dortmund getting a replacement.

Riz

There’s been no agreement, but it could be close. We don’t know. But until there’s an agreement it’s business as usual for him.
Which is exactly what I said - this will rumble on.

cyberman

And we could be in for one too, next summer brings a lot of competition for his signature because his contractual situation would have weakened Dortmund's hand. I could see Chelsea and Liverpool becoming front runners for him, City too if Pep leaves. This is our only chance imo, it's this season or never.
Thry said the same last season as well?
Unless theres a magic bullet this season will destroy clubs income. If there was going to be a bidding war it would have happened this summer.

Alemar

The most likely reason for a delay is the clubs haven’t agreed a fee. Nothing to do with Dortmund getting a replacement.
But given there were no briefing from our side, it would mean that the talks are ongoing (and not terminated)

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think what will be said today depends on the state of the deal, they won't call things off if a deal is close. And while I wouldn't vouch for this 10th of August deadline being set in stone, the logic behind it is quite obvious and going by that logic the cost of selling late goes up with every day that passes. To a point where even €120m won't be enough. I can't tell when that point comes, but if woody calls up in four weeks telling them "okay you win, we pay €120m" I wouldn't be surprised if they told him "sorry, but now we have built our tactic around Jadon and our replacements are off the market".
What do you think Sancho does in that scenario where we meet the asking price and Dortmund still reject it? 4 weeks from now is still 6 weeks before the deadline shuts, absolutely plenty of time to get a replacement in and a completely unreasonable reason to reject the offer. Massive risk you have an unhappy player on your hands if you do that.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
How does an italian football jounalist know so much about the dealings of an English player potentially moving from Germany to England? There's no way he can know the contracts are 100% agreed. He's just going off the assumption that if a fee can be agreed then United will of course agree with the player or they will look foolish. I don't think anything is agreed with either party....yet.

Nobody is 100% trust worthy not even Romano. Remember people saying the other Italian guy, Di Marzio, was the go to guy up till last year when he had a total shocker and got plenty wrong.

Unless these guys are in tight with Sancho's agent there's no way they can know anything.
He might know the agents themselves, the clubs may leak information to reliable people like him to generate 'buzz' or headlines, it generates clicks and searches for the clubs, so the clubs generate expectation.

If you have a long drawn out saga too with a star player it probably also helps with shirt sales and merchandising.

If you have a big fee, a long drawn out saga it might make opposition fans talk more, journalists, sports channels, which in turn creates more interest and exposure to the club, it suits United sometimes for this than just a fee agreed in a day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What else can "personal terms 100% agreed" mean? Obviously we can't sign the contract yet without BVB's permission, but that tweet suggests everything is ready to sign whereas what he said today suggests that isn't the case.
You can't sign the contract officially until you've agreed both terms with the club and terms with the player.

Player terms are agreed.
Club terms are not.

When club terms are agreed, contract can be signed.

He's been nothing but consistent throughout the whole saga here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How does an italian football jounalist know so much about the dealings of an English player potentially moving from Germany to England? There's no way he can know the contracts are 100% agreed. He's just going off the assumption that if a fee can be agreed then United will of course agree with the player or they will look foolish. I don't think anything is agreed with either party....yet.

Nobody is 100% trust worthy not even Romano. Remember people saying the other Italian guy, Di Marzio, was the go to guy up till last year when he had a total shocker and got plenty wrong.

Unless these guys are in tight with Sancho's agent there's no way they can know anything.
Every window we get this post :lol:

sport2793

You just answered your own question.

LonelyFire

But given there were no briefing from our side, it would mean that the talks are ongoing (and not terminated)
People overplay this briefing stuff. He’s not our player and we aren’t going to comment on every aspect of a potential transfer. Sometimes the truth is exactly what it seems to be - he’s still a Dortmund player because we can’t agree a fee. It doesn’t go any further than that.

Look, he might still sign and I’ll be very happy if he does. That said, I’m less confident now than I was a week ago. The fee they are asking for is too high as far as I’m concerned and I doubt the player is going to dig his heels in to force this through.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Come on mate, 150m for Sancho? He’s a good player and has a lot of potential but there was never going to be a market at that price. There isn’t even one at 120m. Again, the 120m still doesn’t take into account the other top attackers who have moved already. It would be unfair to compare Werner given he had a clause but Ziyech and Havertz are a good comparison.

Dortmund may not like it, but the facts are nobody else is in for the player. They can’t create an auction. Either sell now at the price being offered or take the hit and sell for less next year. One thing is for certain, it would be a much reduced fee with 12 months left on his deal. All they need to do is look at Sane going for 50m.
Ziyech is a 27 year old Eredivisie player?
Osimhen supposedly went for €70m to €80m?
We don't know what Havertz will cost eventually, last I heard Völler reiterated that they don't want to give a discount on a special player like Havertz and demand full price (supposedly €100m).
Sancho is younger than Havertz, put up better numbers, has an English passport and everyone knows that United are inflexible with their transfer targets.

To me €120m sounds like a fair price and without even knowing what United are offering we can't tell how big the hit would be. But that's just my opinion, I'm no expert on football finance.

Tony247

I was thinking given we spent on Bruno in Jan, summer will see only sancho transfer. But it seems Ed has not personally joined the negotiation could mean we are chasing more than one transfer....silverlining?

sport2793

Ziyech is a 27 year old Eredivisie player?
Osimhen supposedly went for €70m to €80m?
We don't know what Havertz will cost eventually, last I heard Völler reiterated that they don't want to give a discount on a special player like Havertz and demand full price (supposedly €100m).
Sancho is younger than Havertz, put up better numbers, has an English passport and everyone knows that United are inflexible with their transfer targets.

To me €120m sounds like a fair price and without even knowing what United are offering we can't tell how big the hit would be. But that's just my opinion, I'm no expert on football finance.
Plus Sancho is a better player than Havertz. Statistics back this up, especially considering it should be easier for Havertz to get goals and assists from a central position. No doubt Havertz is a great talent though.

TehRed

I can see this one getting worse before it gets better, I wouldn't be surprised if United brief the press something along the lines of how we are "looking at many possibilities" for getting players in. Assuming of course that this is all a game of brinkmanship with Dortmund.

laughtersassassin

He has no idea whats going on. German media saying they haven't ever been in contact.
Fab is literally always correct. English Media and the German media can't be trusted as the club's brief them.

Today will really be a shit show in a few hours when Zorc says that's it no deal in that presser but we all know negotiations are still going on.

So until Fab says it's off or United put out the same brief we did with Dybala then things are still happening behind the scenes.

If we didn't think we could get him United would have used their media friends to shut down the rumours weeks ago to avoid fan outrage.

romufc

Thry said the same last season as well?
Unless theres a magic bullet this season will destroy clubs income. If there was going to be a bidding war it would have happened this summer.
No. We all know that Covid has had a major impact on clubs ability to spend. The reason why there is no bidding war this summer coinciding with Covid:

Real - Want to get Bale of the wage book, signed hazard last summer
Barca - Want to get rid of players like Dembele, Coutinho.
Juve - Not the player they want this summer
Liverpool - Covid impact so do not see the need to spend so much considering they have players in the position

Now fast forward one year, Hazard is a year older, Bale could leave, Juve could be in for a winger, Liverpool may well be in for one.

So why take the risk for other clubs coming in when we have a free shot at him? We would have to pay higher wages, higher agent fees to secure him next summer, so would end up costing more.

0le

I can see this one getting worse before it gets better, I wouldn't be surprised if United brief the press something along the lines of how we are "looking at many possibilities" for getting players in. Assuming of course that this is all a game of brinkmanship with Dortmund.
They already did that.

Judas

Open to offers
I still think we'll hash it out before the end of the month, but I don't care if it takes us till deadline day. We'll get him.

Ole has said to daddy want want want, so it'll happen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't understand how some of you can enjoy this. Someone put us out of our misery.

croadyman

I know it's frustrating but need to try and just focus on the game tonight. Yes I desperately hoped he would pull out of squad but wasn't going to happen if nothing is agreed yet. Might be a good idea to update the title of the thread though.

Typical The Sun couldn't wait to get an article out on Utd missing deadline and many others will follow suit later. We shouldn't let this cause a complete meltdown of the fanbase. That is what they want so don't give them the satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.