Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utdstar01

we will pay up. Too much pressure on the board. We won't be getting top 4 at this rate otherwise.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
we will pay up. Too much pressure on the board. We won't be getting top 4 at this rate otherwise.
Large part of us finishing 3rd last season was due to the failings of our rivals, as much as our good form after Bruno arrived.

None of our rivals are sitting down this time around. All their boards are clearly invested in supporting their respected managers.

We are in trouble this season with or without Jadon. All our rivals are better run than us.

TheLord

Even the most overweening optimists who believed our squad is top-quality have realised that they were wrong. Better late, than never. That is one good thing about last match results.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
After yesterday's embarrassment, are we still sure that Sancho is what we want? I mean, obviously a phenomenal talent, but it seems we have more fires to put out than just right wing. If we get Sancho, I would think that's our whack. We won't get anyone else. That would still mean we would have the likes of Lindelof and MCT as our starters with few alternatives. I think the money will get spread around. Telles, winger and maybe a CB. And yes, I know I'm being optimistic, knowing the feckers at the club we'll sign no one.

lsd

The Oracle
Yep because I'm sure Woodward is going to divulge all his transfer plans to Mitten. He has as much of a clue about what we're doing as the rest of us! I'm not saying we're definitely going to sign Sancho, but to say Mitten should be believed is a no go.

Sounds to me like he's after some attention in light of a bad result

Wasting your time telling the truth here . I have never so many deluded people who swallow the words of these absolute bluffers.

The idea that Woodward would honestly divulge his transfer dealings to the likes of Mitton is so laughable yet here we are with people believing it

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Mitten is a glorified mouthpiece for the club and that's on a good day.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You know what. After nearly 20 years on this forum it might be time for me to call it a day in football threads.

So many unsupported assertions stated as if they are facts.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
are we still sure that Sancho is what we want? I mean, obviously a phenomenal talent, but it seems we have more fires to put out than just right wing. If we get Sancho, I would think that's our whack. We won't get anyone else. That would still mean we would have the likes of Lindelof and MCT as our starters with few alternatives. I think the money will get spread around. Telles, winger and maybe a CB. And yes, I know I'm being optimistic, knowing the feckers at the club we'll sign no one.
Personally, I'd be very worried if the board are now considering spreading the Sancho money around, because that will probably mean knee jerk signings just for the sake of getting numbers in.
Have we genuinely been in for a CB this window?
I'd say not, but to now switch focus onto getting a CB, we'll likely end up overpaying for a journeyman like Tyrone Mings and hailing that as a coup.

We've had our chance for a successful transfer window and we blew it, so unless we can bring in players that we have already had a long interest in, such as Sancho or Telles, I wouldn't trust our board to deliver quality.

Rake

It's worries me that we play Brighton and Spurs before deadline day after the results they've had today. If we don't pick up points Sancho might tell us to feck off regardless of whether we stump up the cash.
If it does, he didn't want to join us in the first place. It actually makes no sense. Sancho would know all about our struggles last season. Doubt he thinks he is joining a 30+ wins a season team. If we were, we would hardly need him as much as we do.

dev1l

You know what. After nearly 20 years on this forum it might be time for me to call it a day in football threads.

So many unsupported assertions stated as if they are facts.
We re living in a post truth world no? :)

Unfortunately you re right

elnorte

Freaky fly day
You actually have no idea what you are talking about to be fair. I wonder if you'd say to his face what you're saying about him here?
Haha. No doubt you've determined that from all your wonderful psychology qualifications.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
No, from my bullshit detector.
Hard to imagine from a socially challenged person who has spent their entire life in academia.

Saying that, might explain your 'would you say that to his face' comment.

GaryLifo

Hard to imagine from a socially challenged person who has spent their entire life in academia.

Saying that, might explain your 'would you say that to his face' comment.
I worked outside academia for 20 years of my working life. That's the problem when you go making assertions without checking your facts, it's easy to get things so very wrong.

You'll know next time though eh?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I worked outside academia for 20 years of my working life. That's the problem when you go making assertions without checking your facts, it's easy to get things so very wrong.

You'll know next time though eh?
Haha. You working night shifts at the local petrol station while earning your PhD doesn't count.

SAFMUTD

It's worries me that we play Brighton and Spurs before deadline day after the results they've had today. If we don't pick up points Sancho might tell us to feck off regardless of whether we stump up the cash.
I actually think its better that way, I dont think Sancho will make up his mind after 3-4 games. But the board will have more pressure to sign him if we are in a awful run, if we were to won all the games the board might think we are on the right track and no extra players are needed.

AgentSquirrel

Haha. You working night shifts at the local petrol station while earning your PhD doesn't count.
Is accusing someone of working whilst earning a PhD considered a slam these days? 'Oh so you've had a minimum wage job AND got yourself an education!' Sick burn bro :lol:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Is accusing someone of working whilst earning a PhD considered a slam these days? 'Oh so you've had a minimum wage job AND got yourself an education!' Sick burn bro :lol:
Not at all. Working while earning a qualification is commendable.

fezzerUTD

IF the price drops 20 - 30m or so what stops the likes of Real Madrid picking back up interest? There is a reason we are the only team interested at this price. If Woodward and co think they will sign him for 80-90m without other top clubs sniffing about he's deluded.

fergosaurus

If it does, he didn't want to join us in the first place. It actually makes no sense. Sancho would know all about our struggles last season. Doubt he thinks he is joining a 30+ wins a season team. If we were, we would hardly need him as much as we do.
I actually think its better that way, I dont think Sancho will make up his mind after 3-4 games. But the board will have more pressure to sign him if we are in a awful run, if we were to won all the games the board might think we are on the right track and no extra players are needed.
Hope so. If I was Sancho and saw us pick up one point from three games I'd probably question my decision to come to United under this management, but he's probably not as fickle as me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do we think having Sancho on board yesterday would have stopped our slow defence getting absolutely ravaged by Palace? Out of interest?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Do we think having Sancho on board yesterday would have stopped our slow defence getting absolutely ravaged by Palace? Out of interest?
Well it depends how you look at it doesn't it? Do you think having Sancho on board would get us more goals than they scored? :lol:

Crashoutcassius

What stopped our slow defence getting ravaged in any of the games we kept a clean sheet in last season ? We might have scored first , we might have pegged them back before the mad peno , the game might have just gone totally different

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No but he would probably have offered us 10X the threat than Dan James last night
Exactly, the focus seems to be on the defence after yesterday but playing the right side we did was like playing with 9 men

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Its just as much attitude as anything else. James is not doing it and Rashfords not recovered his form. I think Sancho MAY have made a difference because the players might have been a bit more up for a fight. Our start was lifeless. We over complicate everything. Far to sloopy and complacent BUT ...the board have let the supporters down because they've let it drag on and on and on and who knows what they're up to. They'll probably wait until it's too late because they think people are stupid. Our defence was shite but in general, they were mostly a threat on the break. We lacked out wide and Sancho may have been the one to speed up the play when we needed it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't really blame TFM. Play AWB last night and it would've been exactly the same.
It wouldn't, AWB would have stood a better chance of stopping the cross for the first goal. 1v1 defending is literally what AWB is the best in the league at

GaryLifo

I was a fully qualified electronics engineer for 10 of those 20 years and I worked as a test engineer while I was an undergrad doing my psychology degree, MSc and then I finally worked as a part time lecturer while researching my PhD. After my PhD I worked for another 5 years outside academia as an applied psychologist with the military and then decided to go back to academia as I love teaching and doing research.

Then again, this fella you quoted clearly already knows all about me just by guessing.

lsd

The Oracle
It wouldn't, AWB would have stood a better chance of stopping the cross for the first goal. 1v1 defending is literally what AWB is the best in the league at

It was lindelof defending the cross though

Joseunited

No chance he would have done the same as fosu mensah and went to get tight to his man Lindelof should have stopped the cross.

mav_9me

Mate you are a better poster than that post. You could articulate better that you feel we need to strengthen the defense than that snarky comment, no?

Let me reply with my own snarky comment. So you think Bruno Fernandes coming in led to an unbeaten run because he strengthened our defense?

Obviously not right? There are different ways to strengthen a team. Sure you could buy a DM and CB. Or buy Sancho cuz that will strengthen our attack and force opposition to sit back deeper and thus limit their attacks. And likely lead us to scoring first and thus drawing the opposition out of their bus park mode and leading to a more open game for us. Kind of like the effect Bruno Fernandes had, no?

For the record I agree with either solutions. My preference is for Sancho but at this point I don't care. We need additional quality be it DM or CB or RW. Having 10-12 good players is nowhere near enough for 50-60 games.

#glazersoutwoodwardout

Last edited:

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind "we have more problems than right winger so we should bother buying a top class young right winger". What are we aiming for here? We aren't going to get the 3 top class players we need in one window, but surely 1 is better than nothing? I'd rather us buy 1 top class player than another 4 pieces of deadwood.

I also think people are underestimating what a difference 1 player makes. We had a few chances down the right hand side that were wasted with sloppy crosses and cut backs, only takes 1 of them to go in to change the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.