Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There’s not a chance this gets done before October. If it’s going to get done it will be us pulling the panic trigger in the final week. Same
as the 2014 window and 2015 when we bought Martial after a 0-0. If we beat Brighton expect the (probably bullshit) media stories “United have rethought a move for Sancho after impressive Brighton display”.

The Irish Connection

I agree man, traore and a center back. Whatever you say about Traore, he’s fecking exciting to watch and he goes past full backs on the outside for fun, which is historically what United is all about. But, no links and would cost a bomb probably.
Edit: oops quoted wrong post

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Nice! I'm starting my MSc in Psychology (part-time) next week while working full-time. Slightly nervous. Any advice?
Yes, read the things they tell you to read and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Have you studied psychology before? If you have specific questions at any point then PM me and I'll be happy to help :)

Cloud7

I think it needs to happen early this week, so the club can change the very negative atmosphere around the club, and build to a crescendo that will inspire a win over Brighton next weekend.

Much like Spurs have done last week with Bale's signing totally changing the narrative from their embarrassing opening day defeat.

Am still firmly on this train, despite Woodwoods best attempts to throw me off because I don't have a ticket.
I think this way as well. The air of negativity around the club is insane right now. Probably the most negative it’s been all year. It’s been building for a while now, but it’s seemed to have come to a head recently with our club legends talking about it, the embarrassing defeat, Shaw’s comments etc. The club need something to inject some positivity back into things and soon, or else this negative cloud is definitely going to affect the next match as well.

UncleBob

That is your problem, you only understand the basics. Although the trend is obvious to anyone capable of recognising a trend.

Maybe you feel better in denial. I don't want to take that away from you, so let's leave it here.
Again, feel free to be wrong. Your use of net spend in all of this just underlines exactly why you're not ready to have a serious debate about it.
It's perfectly understandable that you're opting for the simple solution, just looking at numbers and drawing lines to suit your personal opinion, rather than actually understanding what's behind it.

Jesse > Messi

Starting to get disillusioned with this saga it’s making me depressed, I just hope to god this happens we need sancho so badly IMO

saint Jose

Mate you are a better poster than that post. You could articulate better that you feel we need to strengthen the defense than that snarky comment, no?

Let me reply with my own snarky comment. So you think Bruno Fernandes coming in led to an unbeaten run because he strengthened our defense?

Obviously not right? There are different ways to strengthen a team. Sure you could buy a DM and CB. Or buy Sancho cuz that will strengthen our attack and force opposition to sit back deeper and thus limit their attacks. And likely lead us to scoring first and thus drawing the opposition out of their bus park mode and leading to a more open game for us. Kind of like the effect Bruno Fernandes had, no?

For the record I agree with either solutions. My preference is for Sancho but at this point I don't care. We need additional quality be it DM or CB or RW. Having 10-12 good players is nowhere near enough for 50-60 games.

#glazersoutwoodwardout

I agree, I am extra fecking angry because this deal should've been done already, why is Woodward stonewalling saying £108m for a genuine world class 20 year old phenom is too much but happily pay 80m for joke Harry Maguire..?

Now thanks to woodwards clowning around over this Dortmund will most certainly raise the asking price after the train wreck performance on Saturday knowing how desperate we are to strengthen the squad

#glazersoutwoodwardout

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Starting to get disillusioned with this saga it’s making me depressed, I just hope to god this happens we need sancho so badly IMO
Go get some fresh air, it’s just football mate and I’m pleased to confirm that we will absolutely sign him 100% anyway so nothing to worry about.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I agree, I am extra fecking angry because this deal should've been done already, why is Woodward stonewalling saying £108m for a genuine world class 20 year old phenom is too much but happily pay 80m for joke Harry Maguire..?

Now thanks to woodwards clowning around over this Dortmund will most certainly raise the asking price after the train wreck performance on Saturday knowing how desperate we are to strengthen the squad

#glazersoutwoodwardout
He's hardly a joke. He's all in been a good signing.
Don't let your emotion at the overall situation bring out such comments.

WyvernUnited

We are hearing that, there are some people outside old Trafford peaceful protesting. I am not in Manchester, is that True?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I genuinely think this is over for this summer at least, I have no doubt the board will do something reactionary before the window closes but it's the defence that's copping a lot of flack for the Palace defeat so maybe a CB and LB?

Fluctuation0161

Again, feel free to be wrong. Your use of net spend in all of this just underlines exactly why you're not ready to have a serious debate about it.
It's perfectly understandable that you're opting for the simple solution, just looking at numbers and drawing lines to suit your personal opinion, rather than actually understanding what's behind it.
Net spend is a key component when calculating investment in the team over time. You dismissing that fact speaks volumes about your misconception on this issue.

But, I agree, there is no space for serious debate with you, so good day.

croadyman

I genuinely think this is over for this summer at least, I have no doubt the board will do something reactionary before the window closes but it's the defence that's copping a lot of flack for the Palace defeat so maybe a CB and LB?
Would be happy with that plus Perisic because can't see Bayern letting Coman go or Barca Dembele

Joseunited

If the latest tweets/rumours are to be believed and Lingard and James are possibly heading out the door then i wouldn't give up on us signing Sancho.

rotherham_red

Honestly the amount of people on here who think Andy is just some chancer who makes things up for attention.

It's embarrassing. Andy has worked his way up as a journalist building up contacts and trust in football for over 25 years. He's interviewed top players like Messi and managed to get interviews with Jose when he was at United, and Woodward more recently.

He reported that Coman fancies playing for United after having interviewed him. He literally got that from the player himself and yet still people think he makes it all up.

Does my nut in it does.
Spot on.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
How much do you think we could realistically get for Lingard
Key player for Jose when we finished 2nd and was a big part of England getting to a World Cup semi-final. He’s 27 so should be entering his prime if his personal issues are resolved. The rumoured fee is 30m - I think 20 plus 5 in realistic add-ons seems fair.

croadyman

Key player for Jose when we finished 2nd and was a big part of England getting to a World Cup semi-final. He’s 27 so should be entering his prime if his personal issues are resolved. The rumoured fee is 30m - I think 20 plus 5 in realistic add-ons seems fair.
Do you think there is anything in Romano saying we could possibly sign a CB along with LB & RW, personally my gut feeling is that it would be just a cheap option with pace to cover for Maguire's lack of if we are still intending on bringing in Sancho before the end of this window.

rotherham_red

If the latest tweets/rumours are to be believed and Lingard and James are possibly heading out the door then i wouldn't give up on us signing Sancho.
Lingard and James going surely means at least one winger signing, potentially even two?

croadyman

Lingard and James going surely means at least one winger signing, potentially even two?
Well Cooper touted the idea of bringing in both an experienced winger and young winger, however after yesterday I am greatly worried about the CB situation especially as Bailly is not trusted, Axel seemingly can't stay fit, Smalling looks out of the door and Lindelof just looks a total liability.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Do you think there is anything in Romano saying we could possibly sign a CB along with LB & RW, personally my gut feeling is that it would be just a cheap option with pace to cover for Maguire's lack of if we are still intending on bringing in Sancho before the end of this window.
Think it’s all about who we can get rid of. Dalot fee covers the lb cost. Romero, Smalling, Jones and Rojo (plus potentially Bailly) fee covers CB, James and Pereira cover DVB leaving our net spend as Sancho minus whatever we get for Lingard. Then maybe another attacker on loan. It’s all potentially doable but I think it’s always been dependent on our outgoings and we do seem to be struggling to sell.

sparx99

If both left we’d have to sign two surely?

We couldn’t have Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood for wide areas. It would make the Chong loan look silly as well.

As poor as Dan James is I can’t see him being sold. He started on opening day and is clear favourite of the manager.

I forgot about Mata but he’s past it anyhow.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If both left we’d have to sign two surely?

We couldn’t have Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood for wide areas. It would make the Chong loan look silly as well.

As poor as Dan James is I can’t see him being sold. He started on opening day and is clear favourite of the manager.
Hence why he was hooked at halftime and during the run in last season he hardly got a kick
He played yesterday as we didn't have options

SAFMUTD

I think thats highly optimistic. If we could get 15M for him would be great. I would take as low as 10M. We have to consider he is on high wages and has been shit, not bad or underperforming, I mean seriously shit for almost two years now.

Tapori

I'm an absolute muppet.
We're gonna sign him now that the legend that called so many transfers has now posted in this thread.
It will all end in tears as a fax machine breaks down at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.