Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Two weeks left. Realistically a week?
Realistically sooner rather than later.

I think honestly even taking 5 million less on a few players is deemed as a big loss, clearing the wage bill and getting a few of the players off the books is hardly a bad thing.

Hoping to get Lingard, Rojo, Smalling, Jones off the book at least.

Sancho a LB and if somehow a CB can be brought in I'd be more than happy.

I really don't like seeing Lindelof anymore, cost 2 of the goals and often in the wrong position.

kirk buttercup

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"
Phil? ..... Phil Connors?

Happy Sancho day ... again

p.s . Interesting fact you can look up, how long was Phil connors stuck in Groundhog day ? the answer will shock you but yet still not feel as long as the Sancho Saga

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Two weeks left. Realistically a week?
Realistically, it is probably gonna be Telles & Sarr this week. Nothing is currently pointing towards a move here in Germany, and this weekend only reinforced the impression that Sancho will indeed play the season in Dortmund.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Agree, both.

Here's a question: what's the latest in a window an elite signing has been made?
Was berbatov classed as an elite signing? Well that was done minutes before the window closed

Siorac

Was berbatov classed as an elite signing? Well that was done minutes before the window closed
And De Gea would have been very much an elite signing for Madrid if they had got their fax machine working in time.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
My understanding is Sancho will be signed possibly this week. United will meet Dortmund price, they will definitely agree on the payment plan. It won't be the full fee at once. That will not happen and Dortmund know this.

The only reason he has not been signed at this point is covid. Am an accountant and what Ed Woodward is more concerned of right now is cashflow.

If United signed Sancho a month ago for example, we would have paid him 1 million already in wages. That is 1 million United think they can save. Ed is just trying to be smart and act like any Accountant would do in the circumstances. Its about cost savings in a period where no income is guaranteed.

In my workplace the CEO has issued a directive that all of us must find areas where money can be saved. Its happening accross all sectors of the economy and Manchester United are no exception.

Good news is Sancho will sign.
What is the source of this good news

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If United signed Sancho a month ago for example, we would have paid him 1 million already in wages. That is 1 million United think they can save. Ed is just trying to be smart and act like any Accountant would do in the circumstances. Its about cost savings in a period where no income is guaranteed.
1m is a lot of money, but in relation to United it is probably like us losing a quid. I don't buy that Woodward hasn't signed someone in order to save a months wages when he got Sanchez off the books weeks ago.

AJ Bullet

Agree, both.

Here's a question: what's the latest in a window an elite signing has been made?
Rooney was deadline day, Falcao as well I think. Martial and Berbatov are others of ours.

Ozil to Arsenal was final day and Torres to Chelsea. Suarez was a Jan one.

What you call "Elite" though is open to ones own view I guess.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Rooney was deadline day, Falcao as well I think. Martial and Berbatov are others of ours.

Ozil to Arsenal was final day and Torres to Chelsea. Suarez was a Jan one.

What you call "Elite" though is open to ones own view I guess.
I mean at the time when those transfers took place, Rooney, Ozil and Torres were far more elite than Sancho. Rooney was undoubtedly the Golden Boy of world football at that time while Torres and Ozil were record buys for their respective clubs at the time. If that isn't considered elite, then I don't know what is?

AJ Bullet

I mean at the time when those transfers took place, Rooney, Ozil and Torres were far more elite than Sancho. Rooney was undoubtedly the Golden Boy of world football at that time while Torres and Ozil were record buys for their respective clubs at the time. If that isn't considered elite, then I don't know what is?
Yeah to be fair Rooney had had a Euros for England to make a name for his self at the European level itself, but for Covid-19 Sancho would have had that chance this summer to do something similar, but football is even more global to back then so Sancho is pretty high profile already. Only time will tell if he becomes "Elite".

UncleBob

It's literally the only meaningful statistic. Without taking into account how much sales contributed to purchases it's impossible to determine how much was actually invested.
It's literally not.

Net spend is a part of how most clubs finance signings, which is fair enough, but it's not very often it's actually valuable in terms of looking at it to evaluate how much the team was actually strengthened. Gross spending gives a much better picture, even though you still have to look behind the numbers. In most cases, you get rid of players you don't want at the club and you sign improvements. Is Timo Werner less of a £50mill investment because Chelsea sold Morata for £65mill? Is he a downgrade, nope. Chelsea haven't spent an absolute fortune on new players to improve their first team? Apparently not, because they've sold a lot of other dross, great.

Oh, our net spend was only £28mill this one season. Great, it was offset by a disaster of a player that refused to go on tour because he wanted to sort out his move to PSG, in a summer where we essentially signed half a starting 11 with Depay, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Martial, throw in Romero as well. Who the feck else were we actually going to sign that summer? We still invested close to £105mill in first team players, a summer after we spent £150mill on half a fecking starting eleven in different positions.

The funny thing is that people are so selective when it comes to how far beneath the numbers they're willing to look, based on nothing else than what they've already decided, essentially it's all confirmation bias followed by complaining about people doing exactly the same just with opposite views.

Someone can easily go on transferleague, look at the net spend for the past 5 seasons and see that Manchester United have the second highest net spend in this period, only behind City. Or that overall since 2003, we're pretty much par on Chelsea's net spend, second highest.

Great, there's feck all of a problem then, we're spending loads, both gross and net.

But it's not that simple.

Just as it's not as simple as simply looking at net spend when we finish top 4 and when we don't.

If you're going to somewhat serious about the issue, you need to look behind those numbers to look for if there's anything else than finishing top 4 that could influence it, a minimum would be the changes in managers. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole, 4 managers over a short period of time, there's always going to be a decent chunk of players going in and out, which will naturally offset our spending. Obviously the natural question in relation to that would be if all managers were simply sacked for not finishing 4th. My personal opinion is that they were all sacked because they were having a detrimental effect on the club and that it was only going to get worse.

AJ Bullet

Did Bale/Mbappe/Berbatov start the season playing for their clubs? De Gea didn’t. LVG dropped him. Nothing indicates this is going to happen.
Back when the deadline day was after the season start yes plenty did, Berbatov played one game for Spurs before joining us, it realy isnt that big of an indicator as some make out.

Classical Mechanic

Back when the deadline day was after the season start yes plenty did, Berbatov played one game for Spurs before joining us, it realy isnt that big of an indicator as some make out.
It literally happens all the time. There are loads of players in this window that will move that have played this season for the selling club, as always.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
No Berbatov didn’t. So that’s him out. Next one? A big money transfer that was rumbling all window, that then happened late in the window after the player was starting games for his club like nothing was happening in the background.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theb...n-when-he-refused-to-play-for-spursvideo/amp/

Chief123

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind "we have more problems than right winger so we should bother buying a top class young right winger". What are we aiming for here? We aren't going to get the 3 top class players we need in one window, but surely 1 is better than nothing? I'd rather us buy 1 top class player than another 4 pieces of deadwood.

I also think people are underestimating what a difference 1 player makes. We had a few chances down the right hand side that were wasted with sloppy crosses and cut backs, only takes 1 of them to go in to change the game.
Exactly. The building has to start from somewhere.

This whole narrative that Sancho wouldn’t have helped us to prevent conceding 3 goals against Crystal Palace is bull crap as well. Of course if you have Sancho our likelihood of winning goes up massively.

If you have Sancho, we would create more chances and more likely to score before. We make Palace approach more cautious due to a bigger threat. Sancho would have done a lot more than James and Mensah did down the right wing.

AJ Bullet

It literally happens all the time. There are loads of players in this window that will move that have played this season for the selling club, as always.
Exactly, as long as window is open anything is still possible. I mean I get it, everyone is looking for clue, a sign, some sort of indication that a transfer will or wont happen but truth is really nobody knows but the clubs/player/agents and the fans are the last to know. Frustrating but the usual dance, add on top of that all the lies and postering by clubs and it becomes impossible.

AJ Bullet

No Berbatov didn’t. So that’s him out. Next one? A big money transfer that was rumbling all window, that then happened late in the window after the player was starting games for his club like nothing was happening in the background.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theb...n-when-he-refused-to-play-for-spursvideo/amp/
His wiki page says otherwise....

Total70277592161210246
Tottenham Hotspur2006–07Premier League33125331874923
2007–08Premier League36152261855223
2008–09Premier League1000000010
Manchester United[129]2008–09Premier League319310094004314
2009–10Premier League3312102060104312
2010–11Premier League3220200070114221
2011–12Premier League12710314110219

The article says he started on the bench for Spurs opener so I guess he came on for his one appearance that game.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Did Bale/Mbappe/Berbatov start the season playing for their clubs? De Gea didn’t. LVG dropped him. Nothing indicates this is going to happen.
Mbappé started the season but was sideline when his attitude deteriorated after the first game.

Chief123

This is the week we’ve been waiting for guys! The mood is going to completely change by the end of this week. I’m very excited! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.