Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If they pay a fee that cover his ludicrous wages then it's a win-win, goes into the shop window again and we have a healthier dressing room.
Knowing us, we'll be letting them take him for free, no requirement to sign him in the summer and we'll also cover 93% of the wages.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Knowing us, we'll be letting them take him for free, no requirement to sign him in the summer and we'll also cover 93% of the wages.
Aye. To be honest, I think even paying 50% of his wages (with a guarantee that he plays) would be good enough. We need him to up his value so we can feck him off in the summer.

Doracle

Aye. To be honest, I think even paying 50% of his wages (with a guarantee that he plays) would be good enough. We need him to up his value so we can feck him off in the summer.
That would be worth about £3.5m. Probably a fair fee in circumstances where we have frozen him out. Can’t see any way we can compel them to play him though.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yes. Hanging on to an unprofessional player because you don’t want to lower his value is stupid management. And it is what you guys have been doing for years and it never once worked out. You tried this with so many players, Pogba the most popular example. All it led to was paying bad players huge wages for subpar performances. But the value in the books was good. :lol:
These ideas and this line of thinking is what caused United to deteriorate so quickly. After years and years of acting like a business instead of a football club, one would think that the fans at the club would somehow understand that this is exactly the problem. But to actively demand a continuation of this failed strategy is so mad, it’s actually funny.

Get rid of Sancho no matter what. This is about culture and the soul of your club. You don’t play players because they might gain value. You play them to win. Sancho doesn’t help winning. So get rid. Sometimes it’s that easy.
Shouldn't you have gotten rid of Sané by that logic last season who is now your second best attacker? I mean, towards the end of Nagelsmann's stint, there were multiple reports about Sané being late time and again and I remember Sky or SPORT1 writing about him being notoriously half assed in training. Essentially the same as what's been reported about Sancho, only that Nagelsmann didn't escalate it publicly.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Back to banging then in in Germany? I think he’ll struggle to hit the kind of form he had before he came here. No Haaland to play off either. It’s still a good loan either way. Shop window and cutting some wages. If ETH gets fired which is looking more likely all the time then maybe a new manager can get him to knuckle down. I hope we can sell him for 50 at some point like Barca with Dembele

Nico87

Should not be paying any of his wages, if he we force his hand he’ll surely take a pay cut.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
After we got so excited to get him from Dortmund, I can’t help but feel sad that it’s going this way. Hopefully a good loan and a good fee for him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hopefully it's made permanent in the summer
Best case scenario he rediscovers his old form, reminds everyone what a great player he can be and we get a decent fee for him, either from Dortmund or somewhere else.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
#freeJadon
#HappySanchoDay
#ChooChoo

Which one to pick?

If they pay a fee that cover his ludicrous wages then it's a win-win, goes into the shop window again and we have a healthier dressing room.
It's been reported all season that Dortmund can't do a lot in the market, because their budget is spent and they still need a starting FB, too. So I don't think United will get a very meaningful sum out of this. Nor should they, considering he seems to be done mentally and hasn't played in half a year and probably wouldn't in the future either, as long as Ten Hag is around. Even if his head was in the right place you'd expect him to take a large part of his loan deal just to get back into form.

bdspeedy

This piece of shit is emblematic of everything that's wrong with the club and it starts at the top. Delusional, entitled owners and management milking the last of what ever glory we last achieved and earned at such a tremendous cost. Spoiled, entitled players on weekly wages that are higher than most fans earn in 10 years. Most "fans" couldn't name 3 players on the team, let alone follow our progress. If they did, most would be shocked at the miserable level of football we play. We need a complete overhaul of the team. Get rid of the Glazers and most of the board. Get rid of ANY staff infested or captivated by the "Disneyland" mentality and sell or release ANY players with an attitude that doesn't put the club and the fans first. Pogba, Jessie, Sanchez were a good start. I'm not sure who else suffer from this rot. Rashford ? if he doesn't put the team over his "brand" and every other glory seeking, selfish player in the squad.

90 + 5min

What we need is to insert a must buy in the loan contract.

Let them pay half of what we bought him for and everybody should be fine by that.

bdspeedy

Also, can we stop buying Dortmund players? Unless we figure out how to disable the RTH (return to home) feature they all seem to have embedded in their firmware.

The Purley King

Excellent news.
If he can get fit and get some games hopefully we'll offload him for good in the summer.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Would like to see him under a better structure. Maybe in the summer.

Brophs

The One and Only
Seems a sensible move. He has no future under this manager and he’s played the best football of his career at Dortmund, so it’ll hopefully either raise his value on the market or get him ready to audition for the next manager if we decide to make a change.

Mindhunter

Also, can we stop buying Dortmund players? Unless we figure out how to disable the RTH (return to home) feature they all seem to have embedded in their firmware.
Bellingham is banging them in. He is a limited player, not Dortmunds fault. In fact they are very good at finding the right player for their system.

astracrazy

Seems a sensible move. He has no future under this manager and he’s played the best football of his career at Dortmund, so it’ll hopefully either raise his value on the market or get him ready to audition for the next manager if we decide to make a change.
I don't care how well he does or if we get a new manager, no way he plays for us again. Shouldn't be an option.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That would be worth about £3.5m. Probably a fair fee in circumstances where we have frozen him out. Can’t see any way we can compel them to play him though.
Seems to be talk of 3m euros. That's maybe 30-40% of his wages. I wonder if we've had grounds for fining him somewhat this autumn. Anyhow, you can incentivise a loaning club to play your player with financial penalty clauses, i.e. pay more if he's not featuring. Though as @do.ob rightly points out, our position is beyond weak here.

Blackwidow

Bellingham is banging them in. He is a limited player, not Dortmunds fault. In fact they are very good at finding the right player for their system.
Gündogan, Lewy and Haaland are others that functioned elsewhere, too.

Red & White

He is on £350k isn’t he, so wages will be roughly £7.7m in that time, so they are covering about 40%.
Depends on the ‘loan fee’ mentioned, too. They could be covering only 25% of his wages if the loan fee is, say £700k. Less than this if the loan fee is more. Not great numbers but we don’t really have much of a choice by the looks of it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He is on £350k isn’t he, so wages will be roughly £7.7m in that time, so they are covering about 40%.
3m euros is about 2.6m pounds. So I guess if 7.7m is his salary for the next 6 months, that's a third.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
So he ends up doing a 'Timo Werner' by going back to the club he came from. Can see this one going equally bad as Werner's return to Leipzig and Sancho too will fail to live up to the standards Dortmund fans remember him by.

didz

He'll go to Dortmund, call Watzke a lying son of a whore, declare himself a mistreated scapegoat after a heavy defeat to Bayern Munich, and be back in June.

He'll then have a fantastic two games in preseason, convincing the club to keep him on, before getting upset about his FC25 rating in September and going on strike for the rest of the campaign.

Castia

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Complete waste of space

Status
Not open for further replies.