Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar_kane

Going back to the club you came from is a signal of a childish mentality. Running back 'home' because you couldn't take the pressure or change. Pogba did it, twice.

I'm not counting instances like Zlatan, Ronny etc. as they went elsewhere in between and also proved themselves again at the highest level each time.

I predict Sancho will flop there (maybe after an initial strong start) and end up somewhere irrelevant in the next couple of years.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Prediction:

He scores on his return debut, against some minnow.

Internet goes wild, memes, laughing at United.

He then quietly does feck all for the rest of the season and returns to United.

Laurencio

Sancho came out with some outlandish accusations, kept them up for a prolonged period of time and never released any follow up statement to clarify or apologise from his end.

All this after chronic underperformance and poor professionalism after the manager gave an precendeted carrot - giving him a month off to get his mentality straight to play for us and actually be a professional again.

Yes, I think any player who turns around and spits on that, is a bit of a mug. Especially if he's done it for the SECOND TIME. He's claimed he was a scapegoat when Dortmund were getting annoyed by him too. Do you not see where the problem is here? The man's so lazy he can't even mix up his posts to make him sound genuine. He rehashed the same statement he tried to defend himself at Dortmund with :lol:

"I've been scape-goated" - > Manager response " It's clear there's been a lack of communication between Jadon and I, we've sat down for a chat about it all." Then ship him off at the earliest opportunity for £50M (What spurs were willing to pay reportedly). Let's not pretend that Ten Hag has done the only reasonable thing here.

Edit: As you've edited it.

It's not a Sancho vs Ten Hag thing for me. Sancho doesn't seem to have the mentality to be an elite player, unfortunately, but that doesn't absolve Ten Hag from acting in the club's best interest.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
"I've been scape-goated" - > Manager response " It's clear there's been a lack of communication between Jadon and I, we've sat down for a chat about it all." Then ship him off at the earliest opportunity for £50M (What spurs were willing to pay reportedly). Let's not pretend that Ten Hag has done the only reasonable thing here.
The manager doesn't need to respond to that. That petulance doesn't owe a response. A response does nothing. He'd still need to be completely dropped, and rightly so. Since he said he was scapegoated, ten hag has simply refused to entertain questions about him, that's all.

Where were spurs willing to pay £50m?

Laurencio

The manager doesn't need to respond to that. That petulance doesn't owe a response. A response does nothing. He'd still need to be completely dropped, and rightly so. Since he said he was scapegoated, ten hag has simply refused to entertain questions about him, that's all.

Where were spurs willing to pay £50m?
So the best possible approach to dealing with Sancho was to create a stand-off, exile him from the facilities and his team-mates, tank his value and ship him off to Dortmund for them to cover 20-30% of his pay for the next 6 months? Come on, we'd be far better off trying to get a tune out of him for a few months and shipping him off for a decent fee.

In the summer, they were reportedly willing to offer £50M, we wanted £60M.

90 + 5min

Don’t think anyone could defend Sancho with his poor form on the pitch and questionable attitude in training ground.

But feck sake ETH way of man management has been equally disaster, especially considering his persistence playing with Antony all the time here, who has been one of the biggest the clown in the league.

I think part of the reason Sancho value has been plummeting so low is due to his total mis-management.
You can never blame manager for your attitude or lack of it. Never. You work hard regardless and if it is not enough or that you think manager is doing wrong, you find another club. Putting blame on anyone else but himself is a sign of weakness.

I'd leave him where he is training by himself till his contract runs out. Why pay for him to play for someone else.
If we want some money this is the way. Loan and hopefully sell him. However I'm almost on your side. If you treat someone this way who is paying you so much money we should just run contracts down. Should be applied to every player thinking he is bigger than the club.

crossy1686

career ending
or the player's suitability.
What does that even mean? He is incapable of taking on a decent fullback or playing against a team that sit deep. Of course he's suitable for a poorer league, he's not a bad player, he just has a terrible attitude and approach to challenge.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So the best possible approach to dealing with Sancho was to create a stand-off, exile him from the facilities and his team-mates, tank his value and ship him off to Dortmund for them to cover 20-30% of his pay for the next 6 months? Come on, we'd be far better off trying to get a tune out of him for a few months and shipping him off for a decent fee.

In the summer, they were reportedly willing to offer £50M, we wanted £60M.
Show me the article where they were willing to offer £50m?

Also - this is not a financial situation anymore. In fact the reason we've dealt with players as financial situations is why we've been in the shits for so long. We pay stupid sums with shite due diligence, then managers that may have had nothing to do with said player are forced to make it work. Player power was favoured, because we panicked about the financials and poor culture festered as a result.

So to answer your question yes, when a player as unprofessional and petulant as Sancho presents himself as an epic thundercnut, the best approach is to outright cut him from the team. This is what we need if we actually wanted a 'proper' cultural reset and not some buzzword thrown around.

Jinn

The vast majority of bust ups between players and managers are handled internally where they communicate "we've spoken and worked things out between us" to the press. There is a absolutely no need for an "apology" to be made into a public announcement. Especially not when the player is 22 and all he's done wrong is post a stupid social media post.

Ten Hag is using humiliation to impose his authority - he did it with Maguire, Ronaldo and now Sancho. It's nonsense.
Yup, and it was handled internally. They sent him to get his mind right or whatever. Didn't they?

If all else fails, try a different approach, right?

Sancho's previous manager had to have staff members getting him to training on time and whatever else a they had to do to stay within the rules.
He's not a kid. You get paid to work, and abide by the very reasonable rules of a privelaged football player.
So, feck Sancho... He can go make another club miserable, he does not deserve to be a UTD player. Same goes for any other player past, present or future who behaves like this.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You can never blame manager for your attitude or lack of it. Never. You work hard regardless and if it is not enough or that you think manager is doing wrong, you find another club. Putting blame on anyone else but himself is a sign of weakness.

If we want some money this is the way. Loan and hopefully sell him. However I'm almost on your side. If you treat someone this way who is paying you so much money we should just run contracts down. Should be applied to every player thinking he is bigger than the club.
It’s also about managing 75 million worth of investment while we are also currently in very tight hands under FFP. Given the current situation we are in, both the players and managers are equally in fault there.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I don't see why. It could easily be solved by brushing it off as insignificant and being down to insufficent communication between them. The classic line "We've sat down and had a chat" would work wonders. That doesn't mean it solves anything long term, but it allows you time to fix the relationship and find a buyer for the player. The way this is handled you're crashing the value, destroying the relationship and likely causing unecessary disharmony within the squad.
Yes. You could just sanction him without insisting on an apology. If you think it was a severe misconduct, sanction him harshly.

I mean, if Ten Hag had just fined him highly and excluded him for four games, the whole mess would have been over three months ago. Nobody would have said that that punishment was too weak and the ball would have been in Sancho's court. By demanding this apology, he just made it personal for no reason at all.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Still hope that he comes good, think he has all the ability. If he does, either he can still be a succes here (not under EtH) or we sell him for a massive fee.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

It's not a Sancho vs Ten Hag thing for me. Sancho doesn't seem to have the mentality to be an elite player, unfortunately, but that doesn't absolve Ten Hag from acting in the club's best interest.
There is absolutely no fecking way anyone was paying £350k for this absolute wankstain, the way he has been playing, on £350k p/w. None. Zero. You'd want to be high on multiple amphetamines to think that had even the slightest, remotest possibility.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The man was taking the piss long before Ten Hag took charge.
People bring up what would SAF have done to suit their own argument but he would have savaged Sancho over this, never mind what Keane would have done if he was a player today.
We also need to look at the context and those are totally different situation to be honest. For example, Fergie would never let his deteriorating relationship with any player to jeopardise the strength of his squad which may affects performance/result on pitch. He would also swiftly response to the whole situation by either solving the issue out with players in private or just offloading the player quickly while securing the club with good financial return.

This is what I called good management.

Then we look at ETH vs Sancho situation. By demanding apology in public, then freezing Sancho out and let him hanging out dry totally, not only ETH forced himself to start with the biggest clown in the league (Antony) every games while our results are getting worse and worse, he is also in a way pushing down the value of our expensive investment, and making us falling under extremely tough situation in future transfer windows with all these FFP limitations.

And this what I called a disaster in management.

Last edited:

Laurencio

Yup, and it was handled internally. They sent him to get his mind right or whatever. Didn't they?

If all else fails, try a different approach, right?

Sancho's previous manager had to have staff members getting him to training on time and whatever else a they had to do to stay within the rules.
He's not a kid. You get paid to work, and abide by the very reasonable rules of a privelaged football player.
So, feck Sancho... He can go make another club miserable, he does not deserve to be a UTD player. Same goes for any other player past, present or future who behaves like this.
Sure, but can't we do that in a more considered manner that tries to both utilise the talent of the player in the short term and ensure we get a decent price?

Show me the article where they were willing to offer £50m?

Also - this is not a financial situation anymore. In fact the reason we've dealt with players as financial situations is why we've been in the shits for so long. We pay stupid sums with shite due diligence, then managers that may have had nothing to do with said player are forced to make it work. Player power was favoured, because we panicked about the financials and poor culture festered as a result.

So to answer your question yes, when a player as unprofessional and petulant as Sancho presents himself as an epic thundercnut, the best approach is to outright cut him from the team. This is what we need if we actually wanted a 'proper' cultural reset and not some buzzword thrown around.
As always, rumours are rumours, but there were rumours about them wanting him in the summer.
Football transfer rumours: Sancho to Spurs? Ward-Prowse to Liverpool? | Football | The Guardian

The problem with financials is that we overvalue players. I'm not saying keep him until you get value, I'm saying diffuse the situation so that you get maxium value when you do sell. If that means £30M and covering 30% of his wages - fine, but that's a hell of a lot better than having an unsellable, unhappy asset who you pay 350k and who clogs up the wage budget.

Jinn

Yes. You could just sanction him without insisting on an apology. If you think it was a severe misconduct, sanction him harshly.

I mean, if Ten Hag had just fined him highly and excluded him for four games, the whole mess would have been over three months ago. Nobody would have said that that punishment was too weak and the ball would have been in Sancho's court. By demanding this apology, he just made it personal for no reason at all.
Ah, the life of a privelaged, wealthy footballer.
So, pay the fine and everything is OK then?
What is that teaching an already mentally weak individual? Money will solve your problems, you can continue behaving like a spoilt brat?

Nah, nah mate. Move. BVB wants you, now get going.

Jinn

Sure, but can't we do that in a more considered manner that tries to both utilise the talent of the player in the short term and ensure we get a decent price
Considered for whom?
Did Sancho consider the team, his team mates, the club when he decided to be a unreasonable?
We showed him confidence in persuaing him for years and then pay him a ridiculous wage and then after a bit of difficulty he decides to shit on everyone including the fans.
Nah, he needs to move.

Laurencio

Considered for whom?
Did Sancho consider the team, his team mates, the club when he decided to be a unreasonable?
We showed him confidence in persuaing him for years and then pay him a ridiculous wage and then after a bit of difficulty he decides to shit on everyone including the fans.
Nah, he needs to move.
For the financial future of the club? Our wage budget? FFP restrictions? You know, the things that mean we can't recruit the players we need to compete and actually complete a cultural reset?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sure, but can't we do that in a more considered manner that tries to both utilise the talent of the player in the short term and ensure we get a decent price?
Not at the cost of actually fixing the mentality of the dressing room. Ten Hag made an unprecedented move last year in giving the man 1month+ off PAID to get his headspace straight. It's fair to say he tried and tried before having it got sour with the player. It's also not Ten Hags job to get the right price. It's his job to fix the mentality of the team and get results. Irrespective of how he's fairing at that right now, the move to cut out an unprofessional wetwipe is one we'd expect from any top manager. In fact it's a tradebook Fergie move.
As always, rumours are rumours, but there were rumours about them wanting him in the summer.
Football transfer rumours: Sancho to Spurs? Ward-Prowse to Liverpool? | Football | The Guardian
"Gossip" on Guardian is essentially nothing credible, I highly doubt Spurs would spunk £50m on one of our flops.

The problem with financials is that we overvalue players. I'm not saying keep him until you get value, I'm saying diffuse the situation so that you get maxium value when you do sell. If that means £30M and covering 30% of his wages - fine, but that's a hell of a lot better than having an unsellable, unhappy asset who you pay 350k and clogs up the wage budget.
The 'situation' was created by Sancho, and exacerbated by Sancho. Ten Hag mellowed it in the pressers by simply saying the doors open for Sancho, he knows what he needs to do. And Sancho still didnt do it, because he's an unprofessional mug. If Ten Hag brought him in and caved, he looks like yet another manager who can have his arm twisted, which sends the wrong message to very impressionable youngsters like say, Garnacho.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
After Sanco put up his tweet cementing the fact that he was a whiney little bitch boi I think the club kind of had to back ETH and show the players don't run the show. Integrating him back into the side after that would have been succumbing to player power. No player is bigger than the club, especially not this useless wankstain.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The thing is: they are not useless before joining United. There is something in the water in Manchester that needs to be figured out.
They come here and the club makes sure they know they are valued more than the manager. Therefore they rule the roost, which is all wrong. The least you should expect from a professional footballer is punctuality and professionalism. He has had issue with it before, but he hasn't seemed to learn, the clubs ego massaging attitude with what it sees as marketable players doesn't seem to help.

Laurencio

Not at the cost of actually fixing the mentality of the dressing room. Ten Hag made an unprecedented move last year in giving the man 1month+ off PAID to get his headspace straight. It's fair to say he tried and tried before having it got sour with the player. It's also not Ten Hags job to get the right price. It's his job to fix the mentality of the team and get results. Irrespective of how he's fairing at that right now, the move to cut out an unprofessional wetwipe is one we'd expect from any top manager. In fact it's a tradebook Fergie move.

The 'situation' was created by Sancho, and exacerbated by Sancho. Ten Hag mellowed it in the pressers by simply saying the doors open for Sancho, he knows what he needs to do. And Sancho still didnt do it, because he's an unprofessional mug. If Ten Hag brought him in and caved, he looks like yet another manager who can have his arm twisted, which sends the wrong message to very impressionable youngsters like say, Garnacho.
Well yes, but Ten Hag painted himself in a corner with his comments and his handling of the situation. My argument is that he didn't need to do that. I agree that he can't change it now, it's gone on for too long and he's a manager who keeps losing and therefore vulnerable to squad dissent. Sancho should have been shipped out in the summer. With that option not taken, when things came to a head, the club should have had a clear plan on how to deal with it and how to sell him in January. I think the club, and the manager, has handled this very poorly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well yes, but Ten Hag painted himself in a corner with his comments and his handling of the situation. My argument is that he didn't need to do that. I agree that he can't change it now, it's gone on for too long and he's a manager who keeps losing and therefore vulnerable to squad dissent. Sancho should have been shipped out in the summer. With that option not taken, when things came to a head, the club should have had a clear plan on how to deal with it and how to sell him in January. I think the club, and the manager, has handled this very poorly.
I don't think Ten Hag backed himself in any corner. He was brought in to be quite ruthless with a squad that consistently downs tools and to bring discipline back (he's said this). He has brought back this discipline which say, 90% of the squad have actually backed. The 10% fall out from a player like Sancho is essentially weeding out the rotten apples.

We should not be trying to reaching a compromise on players like those, it would be a tremendous step back. If its £70m wasted then that's because our DoF is a mug and didn't perform proper due diligence on an unprofessional player, not because the manager didnt allow his arm to be twisted after a year of patience with the player.

TheReligion

Abusive
The fact some seem to be absolving Sancho of responsibility here is tough to hear.

He’s not a child. Irrespective of his issues with his boss he’s let down his teammates and most of all the fans who pay his wages.

The club is clearly struggling and has been working through a huge injury crisis yet Jadon seems, from the outside, quite content in contributing nothing.

I’m sure we can dissect every little detail of the manager/clubs stance but if I was Sancho I’d have done my utmost to get myself back on the pitch for my teammates and the fans. In this instance can anyone say it feels like he’s done that?

redcucumber

Sancho has nobody to blame but himself. This is a pretty unique situation because even for overpaid divas that are modern footballers, it's rare for a player to act like such an entitled cock to the extent that Sancho has. Can't wait for him to feck off. Absolute pathetic man child.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ah, the life of a privelaged, wealthy footballer.
So, pay the fine and everything is OK then?
What is that teaching an already mentally weak individual? Money will solve your problems, you can continue behaving like a spoilt brat?

Nah, nah mate. Move. BVB wants you, now get going.
Yeah, you really showed him his place. He didn't even need to strike himself out of the club, you took care of that all by yourself. Now he gets his desired move to a club who could never have afforded him if United hadn't maneuvered themselves in the worst bargaining position possible voluntarily. Genius move.

Laurencio

I don't think Ten Hag backed himself in any corner. He was brought in to be quite ruthless with a squad that consistently downs tools and to bring discipline back (he's said this). He has brought back this discipline which say, 90% of the squad have actually backed. The 10% fall out from a player like Sancho is essentially weeding out the rotten apples.

We should not be trying to reaching a compromise on players like those, it would be a tremendous step back. If its £70m wasted then that's because our DoF is a mug and didn't perform proper due diligence on an unprofessional player, not because the manager didnt allow his arm to be twisted after a year of patience with the player.
Discipline without results is not very impressive, but I do agree we needed - and still need - higher standards. I'm not entirely convinced Ten Hag is the one to implement them, but I very much enjoyed his work at Ajax so let's see how the season unfolds. This dutch style discipline that no other top club has, coupled with no consequences for poor on pitch performances doesn't scream standards to me, but we'll see how it all goes.

Of course you need to weed out the rotten apples, but to do that you actually have to be able to get rid of them. A big part of that is having them perform "OK" and selling them on. Sancho's contract lasts until 2026 - having a 350k player on the books that you don't use and that holds motivational speeches to u18 players is a very bad idea, and terrible for our ability to rebuild the team. You idenitfy rotten apples, and then you ship them off at the earliest convience, you don't lock them in the academy, make them unsellable and let them hinder your ability to fix the squad.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Of course you need to weed out the rotten apples, but to do that you actually have to be able to get rid of them. A big part of that is having them perform "OK" and selling them on. Sancho's contract lasts until 2026 - having a 350k player on the books that you don't use and that holds motivational speeches to u18 players is a very bad idea, and terrible for our ability to rebuild the team. You idenitfy rotten apples, and then you ship them off at the earliest convience, you don't lock them in the academy, make them unsellable and let them hinder your ability to fix the squad.
Thats the job of the DoF, who we know is pretty shite.
Ten Hag's job is to coach and if a player is adversely affecting the rest then he should be calling him out to do better. And if the player reacts in petulance then he should rightly be dropped. Don't think the manager has played any wrong hand, remember Sancho has chronically been a dick before coming to us, whilst being here and even in this scenario by keeping the post up for ages, not clarifying further, etc.

Jinn

For the financial future of the club? Our wage budget? FFP restrictions? You know, the things that mean we can't recruit the players we need to compete and actually complete a cultural reset?
We wouldn't have been able to sell him anyway. His wages are too high, no club with sense would pay that wage for an underperforming, manchild.
Be realistic.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, you really showed him his place. He didn't even need to strike himself out of the club, you took care of that all by yourself. Now he gets his desired move to a club who could never have afforded him if United hadn't maneuvered themselves in the worst bargaining position possible voluntarily. Genius move.
This is just silly.

It’s obviously not the best outcome for the club (we get it) but it’s not the best one for Sancho either. Let’s not pretend he dreamt of going back to Germany under a cloud, losing his place at United and for England and picking up this reputation he now has.

Its rubbish for everyone.

Jinn

His desired move! Are you trying to say that he wanted to leave before all this mess?
If so, then he does not belong here and it reinforces what other managers have to say about him.

In any case, he is off to BVB. Good riddance!

Ish

Lights on for Luke

It really depends on how you view it. Only from a monetary point of view? Yeah, he could have acted differently to protect the players value (but considering the performances he's put up since he signed for us, his wages and transfer fee - probability of selling him on would have still been a struggle). But i look at it in a different way: EtH has tried to set standards and discipline in a squad/club which have severely lacked them since SAF retired - a pampered, overpaid, underperforming, player-power squad. And showing that the manager is still in charge and that those not automatically coming with the bare minimal of discipline and work rate is unacceptable - is in fact in the best interest of the club. But i can see the different POV.

Laurencio

Thats the job of the DoF, who we know is pretty shite.
Ten Hag's job is to coach and if a player is adversely affecting the rest then he should be calling him out to do better. And if the player reacts in petulance then he should rightly be dropped. Don't think the manager has played any wrong hand, remember Sancho has chronically been a dick before coming to us, whilst being here and even in this scenario by keeping the post up for ages, not clarifying further, etc.
His job is also to manage the players he has. Our due diligence on Sancho wasn't good enough, but there's no point in making him this difficult to sell. It's not like he's just dropped him, Sancho has been exiled from the team and his team mates. The "punishment" has escelated far higher than would be "normal" in this situation. Sancho has clearly acted unprofessionally, but we're basically signalling to the world out there that he's a player that is so unprofessoinal that he can't even be in contact with his team mates. How are we expecpted to get rid of him?

We wouldn't have been able to sell him anyway. His wages are too high, no club with sense would pay that wage for an underperforming, manchild.
Be realistic.
Pay of his wages. 30-40M fee - 50% wages for 2 years = £26-36M and room on the wage budget. Yeah we make a loss on him, but he's out the door, wage budget is opened up and we can recruit more suitable players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His job is also to manage the players he has. Our due diligence on Sancho wasn't good enough, but there's no point in making him this difficult to sell. It's not like he's just dropped him, Sancho has been exiled from the team and his team mates. The "punishment" has escelated far higher than would be "normal" in this situation. Sancho has clearly acted unprofessionally, but we're basically signalling to the world out there that he's a player that is so unprofessoinal that he can't even be in contact with his team mates. How are we expecpted to get rid of him?
Yes, to manage the players. Not to be bent over by them.

He gave Sancho a last ditch saloon to get himself right by doing something literally no manager has done for their star player. £300k wages, and he sent him on a camp to get his mentality straight and train on himself during our most congested period, whilst protecting him in the media. He managed him and protected him to no end before enough was enough. That was good management, he exhausted all options and even tried to meet him beyond half way before it got to this.

You seem to think 'manage the player' is the same as 'allow the player to bend you over the table'. Players should be managed for as long as they aren't a virus to the dressing room and its beyond debate that Sancho is a virus. If you cant cure the virus, you have deal with a virus by isolating it completely from the others. The money wasted is a Murtough issue, he's a lemon for buying him in the first place - this has nothing to do with Ten Hag.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Why? It looks like he is getting the loan move without needing to do so.
Right but United should have made a hard stand that we won't pay a dime over what BVB pays. With the current deal BVB pays half of his wages and WE pay half so that Sancho plays for BVB!! feck that!

United should have told them: play for BVB for whatever money BVB is paying "or WATCH YOUR CAREER GO DOWN THE DRAIN, prick!"

Not only this is necessary so that United doesn't look like an absolute sucker for everybody, but also because Sancho needs to get used to the idea that nobody will pay him stupid wages Ed Woodward gave him, ever again. Even if he tears it up at BVB for the next 6mo (which he wont) neither BVB nor anybody else is paying him current wages without our subsidy and he needs to get used to that or we are never getting rid of the little shithead

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
His desired move! Are you trying to say that he wanted to leave before all this mess?
If so, then he does not belong here and it reinforces what other managers have to say about him.

In any case, he is off to BVB. Good riddance!
Which of his former managers had something like this to say about him?

And yes, it is a riddance ;)

saivet

Right but United should have made a hard stand that we won't pay a dime over what BVB pays. With the current deal BVB pays half of his wages and WE pay half so that Sancho plays for BVB!! feck that!

United should have told them: play for BVB for whatever money BVB is paying "or WATCH YOUR CAREER GO DOWN THE DRAIN, prick!"

Not only this is necessary so that United doesn't look like an absolute sucker for everybody, but also because Sancho needs to get used to the idea that nobody will pay him stupid wages Ed Woodward gave him, ever again. Even if he tears it up at BVB for the next 6mo (which he wont) neither BVB nor anybody else is paying him current wages without our subsidy and he needs to get used to that or we are never getting rid of the little shithead
It's a counter intuitive overly emotional approach though. At present Sancho is providing us with zero value. It's a slightly different case if he's simply bottom of the pecking order but if all our first team forwards get injuries we're not calling on Sancho to step up. It's happened to other clubs too, you have to take the hit and salvage what you can. The important thing is the management of contracts for renewals and new arrivals. I don't think you can get mad at any player not wanting to take a pay cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.