Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope they enjoy him being late and having zero fight in him.
They already dealt with him having these issues and he was able to get to a borderline world class level for them. They aren't new or unique issues for him. It's fine. Some players can't mentally handle playing for Man United and don't have that drive. Some also just aren't physically suited to the premier league even if they look world class in other leagues.

He likely will find a good level of form for them once he gets some sharpness back. Doesn't mean he can do it here. Best case is he lights it up and we get a solid chunk of money in the summer so we can cut out losses.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I know it’s not a big deal, but it still feels like a dick move. Or am I being too sensitive?
It reminds me of the teenage girls of my youth, who always used to profess their undying love publicly for the guy they're with, only to be with someone else next week.

Piabetic

Dortmund had the motivation first time around to put up with his unprofessionalism because it was not in their best interests to damage the product they were nurturing for sale. I wonder how it will go this time around when there's no obligation to humour him, other than paying him 200k a week.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We did , as in the Antony case no one else was seriously in for Sancho yet we still ended up paying a ludicrous price and salary ., we effectively negotiated against ourselves on both players.
The transfer fee for Sancho was completely in line with his level at the time. He had a strong claim on being the third best youngster in the world, behind only Mbappe and Haaland. If anything we paid under what the market is spending on top young players these days.

The wage is a different story where we do seem to have gone above and beyond what we should have spent. There's no way he should have come in and instantly been one of the top earners in the PL. Although there are differing reports on how much he's paid, so the lower reports (about 250k a week) is more where he should have been.

United888

If I'm not mistaken, when ETH gave Sancho that 3 months break or something from football, Sancho deactivated his insta account. He came back and then used him and ETH photo as his profile picture (I am assuming as a sign of being grateful), which that alone showing the positive thing the manager did to Sancho that even the player himself appreciated it.

He then repaid the manager with being lazy or not working hard in training. Although, as a fan, without evidence we cannot make judgement or measure what is happening in the training ground but there was record he was late came to training in Dortmund before he came to United and there was a video where Matic said Sancho tends to be late in training.

It's enough evidence to me to conclude what kind of professional Sancho is in the training ground and why ETH doesn't play him often and had to drop him from the squad.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Dortmund had the motivation first time around to put up with his unprofessionalism because it was not in their best interests to damage the product they were nurturing for sale. I wonder how it will go this time around when there's no obligation to humour him, other than paying him 200k a week.
I am pretty sure they will deal with him the same way as before. Simply because they have the same manager now as in Sancho's last season, and that resulted in Dortmund winning the cup while Sancho was their best player in that campaign.

Arguably Terzic is in his current job because Sancho won the cup for him. Now Terzic is under pressure and Sancho could be the one who saves his job by ensuring at least a top four finish this season. I think Terzic will try to make that scenario happen.

arthurka

They already dealt with him having these issues and he was able to get to a borderline world class level for them. They aren't new or unique issues for him. It's fine. Some players can't mentally handle playing for Man United and don't have that drive. Some also just aren't physically suited to the premier league even if they look world class in other leagues.

He likely will find a good level of form for them once he gets some sharpness back. Doesn't mean he can do it here. Best case is he lights it up and we get a solid chunk of money in the summer so we can cut out losses.
Agree all abroad the Sancho train

Shinjch

I am pretty sure they will deal with him the same way as before. Simply because they have the same manager now as in Sancho's last season, and that resulted in Dortmund winning the cup while Sancho was their best player in that campaign.

Arguably Terzic is in his current job because Sancho won the cup for him. Now Terzic is under pressure and Sancho could be the one who saves his job by ensuring at least a top four finish this season. I think Terzic will try to make that scenario happen.
Surely Dortmund should be finishing in the top four there with or without Sancho? What has gone wrong with them?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Surely Dortmund should be finishing in the top four there with or without Sancho? What has gone wrong with them?
Lots. They definitely messed up their transfer business, putting a lot of emphasis on strength and mentality in their latest signings, as a reaction to how they lost the title last year. Terzic never was good at implementing a possession system, but now they play just terrible.

Appears to be a bit similar to the Ole situation - was great as a caretaker but looks doubtful if he is the right one to go forward full time as manager.

Which results in them being already six points behind fourth (Leipzig) and seven behind Stuttgart. Bayern and Leverkusen arguably are completely out of reach already for this season. There is little reason why Leipzig should become worse, so realistically Dortmund have to catch Stuttgart who are the only unexpected team in the current top four.

Problem is that Stuttgart is playing extremely well and stable and really schooled Dortmund already (and kicked them out of the cup), so this will also be a tough battle.

Sancho adds urgently needed technical quality and creativity to that team, he might help them getting goals again in matches they should but don't win so far this season.

The only redeeming quality of their season is their CL group which was quite funny to see.

Shinjch

Lots. They definitely messed up their transfer business, putting a lot of emphasis on strength and mentality in their latest signings, as a reaction to how they lost the title last year. Terzic never was good at implementing a possession system, but now they play just terrible.

Appears to be a bit similar to the Ole situation - was great as a caretaker but looks doubtful if he is the right one to go forward full time as manager.

Which results in them being already six points behind fourth (Leipzig) and seven behind Stuttgart. Bayern and Leverkusen arguably are completely out of reach already for this season. There is little reason why Leipzig should become worse, so realistically Dortmund have to catch Stuttgart who are the only unexpected team in the current top four.

Problem is that Stuttgart is playing extremely well and stable and really schooled Dortmund already (and kicked them out of the cup), so this will also be a tough battle.

Sancho adds urgently needed technical quality and creativity to that team, he might help them getting goals again in matches they should but don't win so far this season.

The only redeeming quality of their season is their CL group which was quite funny to see.
Sounds like they are moving away from the strength and mentality aspect if they are taking the punt on Sancho then anyway.

Thanks for the run-through on them, I only watched them twice this season against Newcastle and they handled them pretty well in the transitions. Hadn't realised they were out of the cup too, sounds like a bad season all around for them.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Sounds like they are moving away from the strength and mentality aspect if they are taking the punt on Sancho then anyway.

Thanks for the run-through on them, I only watched them twice this season against Newcastle and they handled them pretty well in the transitions. Hadn't realised they were out of the cup too, sounds like a bad season all around for them.
It definitely is. Signing Sancho feels a bit like they are trying to get the balance between strength and ability right again after they overshot/panicked before.

Laurencio

All the pressure is now on Sancho. If he replicates his form from when he was 18/19, Man Utd and Ten Hag look incompetent, if he doesn't - he's out of excuses.

He's now back in an "ideal" environment without Ten Hag's iron discipline, he has to perform now or else his career as a top player - or even a decent one at a top club - is over before it even started.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
All the pressure is now on Sancho. If he replicates his form from when he was 18/19, Man Utd and Ten Hag look incompetent, if he doesn't - he's out of excuses.

He's now back in an "ideal" environment without Ten Hag's iron discipline, he has to perform now or else his career as a top player - or even a decent one at a top club - is over before it even started.
Hardly. His attitude has been terrible and plain to see for everyone.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Nah. All it shows is that he's not suited to the premier league and mentally can't handle being at a club like Man United. Which we know anyway. If he does great, gets sold to another giant club or to the premier league and then does great, then it would reflect poorly on us. That's a highly unlikely scenario that he moves to another giant club or to another in the prem in the summer.

Chumpsbechumps

Hope he gets on great and we get a few quid back on him in the summer. Don’t care what manager we get in, I don’t want him playing for United ever again.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was all for him signing and was buzzing to see what he could do. To say it's been a disaster is an understatement. Can only hope he finds some form to recoup some of his fee.

pacifictheme

It blows my mind how bad he has been for us. Was so hyped we were signing him and thought he would be brilliant.

I wonder if he has ever recovered from that penalty miss in the euros.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Was all for him signing and was buzzing to see what he could do. To say it's been a disaster is an understatement. Can only hope he finds some form to recoup some of his fee.
Agree. It is not even as though he isn't as good as we thought, so a bit disappointed. It is that is attitude stinks which in a way is even worse. It makes it hard to judge if he is good but the attitude is stopping him showing it, or he really is not as good as we all thought, but has a terrible mentality on top of it.
Thing is as well, other clubs will have taken note of his issues, so unless they are willing to babysit him, he might not be as easy to move as we hope. It might end up selling him cheap to Dortmund or another German team.

Laurencio

Hardly. His attitude has been terrible and plain to see for everyone.
Nah. All it shows is that he's not suited to the premier league and mentally can't handle being at a club like Man United. Which we know anyway. If he does great, gets sold to another giant club or to the premier league and then does great, then it would reflect poorly on us. That's a highly unlikely scenario that he moves to another giant club or to another in the prem in the summer.
Everyone knows what a mess we are. If he tears it up in Germany after being exiled for months, then that certainly reflects poorly on us and Ten Hag. A poor professional shouldn't be able to go from being exiled from training for that long to performing in any of the top European leagues.

The chances of him doing so are extremely remote, but if it does happen you have to seriously question our approach to managing him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Agree. It is not even as though he isn't as good as we thought, so a bit disappointed. It is that is attitude stinks which in a way is even worse. It makes it hard to judge if he is good but the attitude is stopping him showing it, or he really is not as good as we all thought, but has a terrible mentality on top of it.
Thing is as well, other clubs will have taken note of his issues, so unless they are willing to babysit him, he might not be as easy to move as we hope. It might end up selling him cheap to Dortmund or another German team.
Totally right. His attitude is shocking and he doesn't seem cut out for us or a club our size. We can be hyped up about potential signings and all that, but it just shows you we haven't a clue what a players character or personality is actually gonna be until they arrive.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Totally right. His attitude is shocking and he doesn't seem cut out for us or a club our size. We can be hyped up about potential signings and all that, but it just shows you we haven't a clue what a players character or personality is actually gonna be until they arrive.
The ones saying we should be handling him the same, that is fine if he is the only one who tries to push the boundaries. What if others then try it on. It could end up a right old mess. Not that we aren't a right old mess anyway.

Rockets Redglare

I wonder if he’ll be back in the summer if Ten Hag is replaced?
Even if that were the case he’s never shown he was anywhere near the level required at United.

I just don’t think he’s cut out to succeed in the premier league, he’s too slow and weak. He reminds me of Mkhitaryan, a player with obvious talent and ability but just not suited to the pace of English football.

Chumpsbechumps

I wonder if he’ll be back in the summer if Ten Hag is replaced?
Its actually mad that some people try and make out ETH has been unfair

Sancho was already under performing at United Under Ole. ETH gave him a season to find himself or sort out whatever is going on, I cant remember too many examples of a player being afforded this much space.

Then he comes back to training and isnt meeting levels. Levels that had been questioned at Dortmund aswell. Levels that many fans actually want from our team and demand it. Yet when a player doesnt meet these levels, fans want our manager to lower his levels or keep it hush hush so he can pamper the under performing player. Then what happens, is the manager gets blamed for not getting anything out of a player who simply isnt good or motivated enough. Why should ETH take any bullets for Sancho ?

ETH might of been unwise to mention it in public, but the reaction of Sancho and refusal to back down is all on the player. Its a disproportionate reaction from the player no matter how much people want to spin it back on the manager. And instead of fighting for a team place and proving the manager wrong, he plays his x box. How the f**k can anybody reasonable defend that , its almost like some people want to blame ETH for Covid and pretty much anything they can pin on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.