Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
You're naive if you think we're not trying to sign him. There'd be a briefing along the lines of 'United pull the plug on Sancho deal' 'Dortmund refused to sell' 'Sancho deal not a priority' etc.
This is what I’m clinging too right now. United are definitely being told that Dortmund will sell. We’d have distanced ourselves from this weeks ago if that wasn’t the case.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't believe Dortmund have dragged this out to the point where we've reached 1k pages. Using our name for free publicity because they're well aware that literally no one is interested in their tinpot club. Have the forgotten who we are? We are Manchester United for fecks sake. You can't play games with us. Enough is enough. It's time to teach them and their arrogant fanbase a lesson they'll never forget.

SATA

Think those Dybala numbers are quite impressive seeing as that "saga" was bloody short lived, wasn't it? Think it came out of nowhere and died fairly quickly.
Yeah fair enough. I remembered i was absolutely camping in that thread when Juve wanted Lukaku in exchange. Still can't understand why Juve would do that

Wayne's World

Literally don't care anymore If this transfer happens or not. I think United have sucked the joy out of it totally.

If we can't get him, move on and look for someone else. Personally I'd be willing to spend that money on Son who's a top level player playing and capable of being fantastic on the right in the team.

Judas

Open to offers
Literally don't care anymore If this transfer happens or not. I think United have sucked the joy out of it totally.

If we can't get him, move on and look for someone else. Personally I'd be willing to spend that money on Son who's a top level player playing and capable of being fantastic on the right in the team.
:lol: its not the clubs fault you've been in this thread and on social media looking for every piece of news on the saga.

We're still clearly working on it.

romufc

This is going right to October fifth.
I don't think this will drag on that long. As soon as he plays a game for Dortmund, that would mean the end of this saga.

You don't get such high transfers go to deadline day, it takes 4/5 days to complete these.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't think this will drag on that long. As soon as he plays a game for Dortmund, that would mean the end of this saga.

You don't get such high transfers go to deadline day, it takes 4/5 days to complete these.
This is just not true though, isn't it. We've seen it time and time and time again.

Well its not like we're just starting work on it is there, hence this chatter for a year.

croadyman

Yeah and they need time to get a replacement as well,however not panicking if he plays a league Dortmund because could still leave

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

You should write a strongly worded complaint to the club that they're not making the legal transfer of an asset entertaining enough.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Can't believe Dortmund have dragged this out to the point where we've reached 1k pages. Using our name for free publicity because they're well aware that literally no one is interested in their tinpot club. Have the forgotten who we are? We are Manchester United for fecks sake. You can't play games with us. Enough is enough. It's time to teach them and their arrogant fanbase a lesson they'll never forget.
You mean by paying lots and lots of money for Sancho?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The last 1000 pages in a nutshell, this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lyon are a wealthy club though IIRC? Sure they can match the wages of BD
They can but he allegedly wants to leave and his contracts ends in 2021. Also they have been hit by Covid, the league early stoppage and the lack of European football this season.

Idxomer

:lol:

macheda14

This is great satire

Wayne's World

You should write a strongly worded complaint to the club that they're not making the legal transfer of an asset entertaining enough.
Wouldn't waste my time emailing the club. Not expecting much this season with our rivals strengthening and pulling away from us while we stand still even If we got Sancho in or not

Galactic

Incorrigible pest

Yea. Let’s do business with Levy. Much easier.

saivet

Who's writing this or is this under the rumour mill?
Simon Stone. It's nothing new, just repeats again that there is an issue of the fee, hence Dortmund are confident they will keep him.

Wayne's World

Yea. Let’s do business with Levy. Much easier.
Well we are getting nowhere on this deal? Why not try and turn his head and let's be honest with Son playing under Mourinho I doubt it would take much. Have to remember Spurs are in 650 million pound debt.

If we offered close to 100 million for him well I'm sure they consider it, not saying they would accept but it would get them thinking

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Woodward is wasting everyones time with this, we've know about his valuation for over half an year now. There are no other suitors for him either, that's plenty time to figure out if we have the resources to sign the player or not. Clinging on to 3 weeks remaining in the transfer window is non-sense, this is all shaping up for a late bid of €100m or maybe even €120m near the end of window which will be promptly rejected by Dortmund because they won't have the time to sign a replacement. Woodward will do his classic face saving by briefing all the journos, hey looked we tried, we paid the fee they were asking for, they just wouldn't sell. It's not our fault, we'll try again next summer.

I feel bad when the club dupes our fanbase in lieu of false hope.

You mean by paying lots and lots of money for Sancho?
The last 1000 pages in a nutshell, this.
Do German posters on here not understand sarcasm?

Fosu-Mens

Richard Arnold will be thrilled with the amount of "media clicks" this story has gotten and will brag about it in the next earnings call...
Delaying transfers throughout the window to maximize the publicity and social media interaction is more important than getting the player signed and settled in before the season starts... United's KPI are not related to football at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So many recent articles of us moving on or Dortmund being confident. I'm moved on past being evicted about this deal to being worried about another season of disappointments.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Simon Stone - basically saying the club don’t think they can afford him in this climate. It’s the start of the ‘he’s too expensive’ brief.
That’s a brief from Dortmund...not United. They’re saying they don’t think we’ll match the fee so he’s staying. Our position is their fee isn’t realistic and needs to come down. Seems like a negotiation and a game of poker. As it’s always been.

SATA

How can they be increasingly confident he’s going to stay when their position since August 10th has been there is no chance he’s leaving?
Contradictory but true. I thought they said the deal was dead and everyone in Germany is convinced and thus not talking about it anymore? Now it switches to 'increasingly confident'?

Status
Not open for further replies.