Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkTank@Cafe

The biggest problem is RW, it has been for about 3 seasons now. Sancho adds to the forward line depth anyway.

Also, what 3 players can we buy for 120m Euros?
I presume It’s no coincidence that we signed VdB after Dortmund Ultimatum. Sancho was the biggest target and sort of shaped our strategy this window. “Sancho first, leftovers will be used to structure a deal for MF (LB, CB whatever)”.

Dortmund demanded all cash upfront, United decided to pursue other targets still keeping pressure on Dortmund meanwhile. We started to spend money and we will not buy Sancho unless Dortmund decides to soften its position.

1. VdB.2&3 - ?

FreddieTheReddie

If we don't sign him this season after him supposedly saying he wants to come to us, what's the chances of him saying no to us next season?

As in him saying "I wasn't worth the cost to you last year, now I'm off elsewhere"? Not sure to be fair but maybe that's what Ole is worried about?
I think he wouldn't take is as an insult, understands if we don't have the money. I'm more afraid that CL football will be a requirement.

Gasolin

Under Fergie we would never have been so desperate to sign a player.

Shows how low we have fallen as an institution, hoping for miracles that are not even miracles.
That's a weird logic. We are desperate because we need to win the league. Once we start winning the league, we will be less desperate.

keithsingleton

So we hit the 1000 mark :houllier:
United doing the right thing in my opinion if Dortmund not prepared to drop asking price. It's simply to much under current circumstances. Would of been nice to get him but that's football. On the bright side hopefully we can put our funds into a good CB.

romufc

I presume It’s no coincidence that we signed VdB after Dortmund Ultimatum. Sancho was the biggest target and sort of shaped our strategy this window. “Sancho first, leftovers will be used to structure a deal for MF (LB, CB whatever)”.

Dortmund demanded all cash upfront, United decided to pursue other targets still keeping pressure on Dortmund meanwhile. We started to spend money and we will not buy Sancho unless Dortmund decides to soften its position.

1. VdB.2&3 - ?
VDB is a good start, if we want to get a team / squad like you say, then we need a starting CB and RW, along with a backup LB and backup CDM.

Name me a CB and RW that we can sign who will become starters for a combined fee of £75m which is what we now have left after VDB.

Rake

If we don't sign him this season after him supposedly saying he wants to come to us, what's the chances of him saying no to us next season?

As in him saying "I wasn't worth the cost to you last year, now I'm off elsewhere"? Not sure to be fair but maybe that's what Ole is worried about?
1. It is not up to Ole to give up on him... That is up to our negotiating team to advise him that a transfer is possible/impossible and probably for Ole to decide on the other targets.
2. Sancho should understand that 120 mil is a lot of cash and not paying it this season doesn't mean he wasn't our number one target. I doubt he would be butthurt over that...
3. The article is BS.

DarkDog

Players have played in past also before moving. No big deal in that.
While I agree that BVB wouldn't weaken their own hand by not playing Sancho, him playing, having fun and saying after game that he is staying, will tell a lot mate.

I don't understand this at all. What does it even mean?
If they want to keep him, they keep him. There's nothing to be confident about, is it? If the offer is good enough, they obviously want to sell him. So... They're confident they won't get €120m? If they get an offer of €120m, they're still able to decline it, and again remain "confident"? The same goes for £200m, doesn't it?
Confident, because they have told Sancho that IF utd (or anybody) offers 120 million euros he can leave.
Translation, they are confident that Utd won't be making an offer for 120 million euros and player will stay at BVB.

We seemingly have agreed to the 120M price they are asking for but not the structure and type of add ons they want? I can see us making a few more modifications in that case before calling it a day
Nope, Utd haven't bid that amount and have let every newspaper known that they think 120 mil euros ''in this climate is not reasonable''.
At first they offered 60+20 mil euros in addons for BVB, also offered wage cut for Sancho.
Last report was that they offered BVB 90 million euros. If it was only about instalments and add-ons then deal would be done already.

We would look foolish when we go in for him next summer and pay the exact 120m demanded by Dortmund.
FFS we need a DOF.
Judging on how our deals have fared so far, we would go and offer 150 million next year.
Maguire deal could have been done 1 year earlier and for 60 million. This is how football market works. Edward still has no idea how football works. If player is young, has lots of potential and plays in the Champions League, where he can showcase his talent to the world to see, his price will only go up.

What does a DOF have to do with the Glazers in theory not wanting to pay up? It would make no difference.
Makes a lot of difference. Good DoF would see that when Glazers are telling you that your budget for RW is 60 million and other club wants 120 million, then brief the press that the deal is not going to happen and move on in 1 week. We, on the other hand are chasing (chasing :D, probably just keeping fans running around telling them that ''wanted Neymar, but didn't get him, sorry so we wont be buying anybody) the best player in the market for 3 months and not backing the manager.

£90 million paid over 3 seasons.
£5 million after 50 appearances for the club.
£5 million after scoring 30 goals.
£8 million after 20 England appearances.

See it’s not hard Woodie.Just make the Add ons achievable.
See mate, you could do better job than that bloke called Edward Woodward. I think BVB would still reject it since i believe they want instalments not add-ons

“You don’t track a player for 2/3+ years, agree terms with the player, know what his parent club want for the player, and then walk away last minute. Until Fabrizio Romano says that a deal is off, then I’m still confident that Jadon Sancho will be a Man United player this season.”

Saw this tweet, pretty sums up my thoughts so far on the Sancho situation

Source @Vintage_Utd
Yes but that is exactly what our club does. They don't understand the football market. If you are running a business, u see a sign that someone wants 1 million for his piece of land. You go in and try to negotiate it for lower price. We have never bought a piece of land or come to think of it nearly anything for the asking price. There is always a small buffer on the asking price.
BUT in the football world there are agents, players who want to move. Usually player/agent will agree with the club that if x amount of offer comes in then they have to accept it and let the player leave, gentlemens agreement. With Mkhitaryan BVB tried to ask for 60 mil or smth and that fat pizzaguy broke the window, or chair, or window with the chair, or smth like that, so the price came down to where it ended up being. Edward had nothing to do with those deals. Zlatan, Mikhi were Mino Raiolas work, as was Pogba. Woodward signed the check but the negotiating was done because of Raiola negotiating with Juve.
In this case Edward is far from reality. You chase Sancho for 3+ years, then offer him a wage cut and 60 mil for 120 mil player. No wonder that every club hates him. There was such a respect for our club when Fergie and Gill/Kenyon were running things. Remember when Fellaini had release clause for 24 million? Edward Woodward went to Goodison, offered 27 million for Fellaini and Baines? :D ''Here you go lads, i heard that Man Utd can take advantage of little clubs'' Then he negotiated for 3 months and came back with Fellaini for 27,5 million good ol' British pounds. Maybe he just likes to be taken advantage of? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
That's a weird logic. We are desperate because we need to win the league. Once we start winning the league, we will be less desperate.
No player is bigger than the club. This muppetry around Sancho makes me think some have him above the MUFC institution.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This is going to be another Hazard situation if we're going to back off now.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Kind of feel like VDB has gone under the radar and some people don’t even know we’ve signed a class player due to the Sancho Hysteria.
Totally mate, there’s been people in this thread so invested in sancho even saying we’ve wasted a summer chasing sancho instead of signing other players. Like totally forgetting the player we signed last week.

lilcurt

or maybe, the Club could be saving the money for Mbappe instead? Mbappe would become the biggest star in sport by signing with Man Utd(over any other club). The Man Utd following is just bigger than any other club
Or maybe the owners want to secure a nice dividend and continue sucking money from the club...

red_de_pologne

Totally mate, there’s been people in this thread so invested in sancho even saying we’ve wasted a summer chasing sancho instead of signing other players. Like totally forgetting the player we signed last week.
I'm pumped about VDB but attacking midfielder was about 5th from positions we needed priority wise

El Zoido

We need more than one player..

UncleBob

If we miss out on top 4, i'd say the chances are pretty fecking big.

Skeezix

Kind of feel like VDB has gone under the radar and some people don’t even know we’ve signed a class player due to the Sancho Hysteria.
Agreed.
But you have to consider we have been chasing/talking to Sancho since last summer. He fits us perfectly. Even the number 7 is reserved for his arrival.

Most of us would be fine with signing only Sancho this summer. But I doubt the same if we would be signing only VDB. There is still a large sized Sancho hole in our starting eleven and squad.

DarkDog

Rob Dawson is reporting that '' United are adamant they will not pay the €120 million asking price and are ready to pursue other targets to fill the hole in the squad. ''
This one is straight from Edward Woodward for fans not to burn his house down '' Sources have told ESPN that even if a deal cannot be reached this summer, Sancho is likely to remain a target in 12 months' time. '' :D:D:D
← ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't post this article here for obvious reasons :D, but you can search the headline
Man United fear Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool could target Sancho next summer

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So essentially its this season or never to get him as the chances of us getting CL football next season, with the way things are shaping up, is pretty slim.

Let's hope that we do manage to find a resolution with Dortmund, but I'm starting to think it's looking unlikely. I've not given up hope yet as this seems to be following the typical United transfer saga. Let's just see what this week brings

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
What a shambles, but do we expect anything less from the clowns at our club? What a complete waste of time. Everybody could see that Dortmund had named their price. If we were never willing to meet it then why bother with this tedious, bullshit saga? You call it early, move on to other targets and get them sorted instead of stumbling into the new season with the same squad as last season (apart from VDB). Honestly I can see a long list of excuses flooding out of the club between now and the end of the window and wouldn't be surprised if finish it as is.

Feckin clowns and morons.

red_de_pologne

what's frustrating is, unlike Maguire for 80 million, Sancho is actually worth around €120m, huge marketing potential, amazing ability, perfect fit for us.

romufc

Well if we dont challenge for the title this season or finish out of top 4, he would be like..."oh I thought you building a title challenging team"

So next season, we may not even be in the race to sign him.

I have a funny feeling Pogba's new contract is related to us making signings too.

SinNombre

Zero worries that RM and Liverpool are targeting Sancho next summer.

RM wants Mbappe and Cavamaniga next year (and has targeted them for years) a so that's where their muppet head will be at.

Liverpool can't even afford Thiago for a quarter of the price. And this season will again be a loss making one for a lot of clubs.

Barca's finances are a complete disaster.

Realistically, the only clubs that could afford him next summer are City (and he is not going back there with Pep as the manager) or Chelsea. City and Pep would try to finance the Messi deal on a free.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Rob Dawson is reporting that '' United are adamant they will not pay the €120 million asking price and are ready to pursue other targets to fill the hole in the squad. ''
This one is straight from Edward Woodward for fans not to burn his house down '' Sources have told ESPN that even if a deal cannot be reached this summer, Sancho is likely to remain a target in 12 months' time. '' :D:D:D
← ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't post this article here for obvious reasons :D, but you can search the headline
Man United fear Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool could target Sancho next summer
Sancho can remain a target for as long as United like, but no CL football = no Sancho and i think Ole is aware of that.

I'm wondering if the club will give up on Sancho for this year and sign Bale on a 1 year loan with the excuse "Hes still a world class player who couldn't settle at Madrid".

Andersons Dietician

Agreed.
But you have to consider we have been chasing/talking to Sancho since last summer. He fits us perfectly. Even the number 7 is reserved for his arrival.

Most of us would be fine with signing only Sancho this summer. But I doubt the same if we would be signing only VDB. There is still a large sized Sancho hole in our starting eleven and squad.
Oh for sure, I’ll be annoyed if the only player we have at the end of this window is VDB. That’ll be a huge failure in my books where as if you say it was only Sancho. Then that would be understandable.

Thing is unlike Chelsea we just won’t be as loose with the purse strings. We’ll haggle this and try and bring it down till as far as we feel we can push it before we have to give in. I have no doubt if this was Chelsea they’d have closed the deal as Roman would have just said cool. 120, sorted. 90 now, 15 next year 15 year after or something.

We just can’t and won’t do that, which I suppose then brings in to question what is more important, the buisness and dividends or football and putting the team in the best position to win things.

I think it’s now or never and I said this before the transfer window. If he isn’t a United player this season then I doubt he will ever be a United player and we probably should move on and look elsewhere. Just not your Bales, Ivan’s and Costas.

No guarantee we’ll be in a better position to sign him next season and as things are I think it will be a struggle to finish top 4.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

RM wants Mbappe and Cavamaniga next year (and has targeted them for years) a so that's where their muppet head will be at.

Liverpool can't even afford Thiago for a quarter of the price. And this season will again be a loss making one for a lot of clubs.

Realistically, the only clubs that could afford him next summer are City (and he is not going back there with Pep as the manager) or Chelsea. City and Pep would try to finance the Messi deal on a free.
Difficult to anticipate who will and won't be in for him.

If Mbappe goes to Real Madrid, don't you think PSG will be looking for a RW? Let's say for example Ziyech flops. You don't think Chelsea would be all over him?

SaboTaj

Doubt Chelsea will be in for Sancho next season considering the business they’ve done this summer.

If this does drag on till next summmer, then I’d expect City, PSG (more so if someone like Mbappe leaves) and us to be in for him realistically.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Purely for the fact that if we don't sign him this summer then we might not be favourites next year - you think we'd do anything we can to sign him now.

Get a 5 year bank loan if needs be ffs. We will regret not signing him if he ends up at Liverpool next season when they move on Salah or Mane.

SinNombre

Difficult to anticipate who will and won't be in for him.

If Mbappe goes to Real Madrid, don't you think PSG will be looking for a RW? Let's say for example Ziyech flops. You don't think Chelsea would be all over him?
PSG is a potential shout for sure, though I wouldn't surprise if they go all in for Pogba in that case.

All I am saying is that we are likely to have a major musical chairs next summer, and very few clubs can afford that. And Sancho doesn't have the profile (yet) where a lot of those clubs want him.

romufc

Purely for the fact that if we don't sign him this summer then we might not be favourites next year - you think we'd do anything we can to sign him now.

Get a 5 year bank loan if needs be ffs. We will regret not signing him if he ends up at Liverpool next season when they move on Salah or Mane.
I think that is a bit too logical for Manutd. It makes no sense to sign him next season.

Will our finances improve? Not really
Will more teams potentially be in for him? Yes
Will we have a clean run? No
Will we offer him a good project? Never know, if this season fails then we automatically get out of the race.
Will he be cheaper? No

Waiting to sign him for next season makes no commercial or footballing sense. Not only we secure one of the best footballing talents but we could be building a squad to challenge sooner.

What happens if we dont sign a top CB and DM this summer? Same problems will come about next.. Can we afford Sancho and CB/CDM in one summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.