Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky Bumtime

If the club fears other clubs will be in for him next summer then we should just pay up. It doesn't make sense.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Too much money going around in betting circles and I wouldn't be surprised those tweeting confusing tweets are working for betting firms in some capacity. Sky has its own betting site so it's hardly likely they would give out any info which could potentially lose them money.

I'm not saying Sancho is either on or off.

Rolaholic

Our negotiating team should be sacked if it comes out that they really did try to haggle and renogiate the fees after apparently having an agreement back when everyone was reporting that it was almost done.

Small time stuff if true

Sultan

Sancho would be a great addition and likely help in achieving success. However, it's not guaranteed. I think a stop-gap right-winger and Greenwood is more than acceptable. I'll repeat.

A left-back, Centre-half, Thiago on a free, and Bale on loan who would give us at least 30 games would be better value in the short term. Obviously Sancho is only 20 and would give us 10 years, if successful and wants a transfer in the future would get the club 100 million back when 25 years and in his peak. So basically only paying for his salary over the term of his contract and any interest needed to pay for the purchase.

romufc

Sancho would be a great addition and likely help in achieving success. However, it's not guaranteed. I think a stop-gap right-winger and Greenwood is more than acceptable. I'll repeat.

A left-back, Centre-half, Thiago on a free, and Bale on loan who would give us at least 30 games would be better value in the short term. Obviously Sancho is only 20 and would give us 10 years, if successful and wants a transfer in the future would get the club 100 million back when 25 years and in his peak. So basically only paying for his salary over the term of his contract and any interest needed to pay for the purchase.
So basically it comes to what Ole wants, short term gain or a build which is what we were promised.

There is no way we are getting LB, CB, Thiago and Bale. A top CB is £60, Thiago is £25m, LB is £25m which is £100m already.

There is a potential of us missing out on Sancho next summer.. then what we looking for another player that suits that RW again.

If we miss out on LB, Bale, Thiago, CB this summer, we will not be missing out on much, there will be options available in that area next summer of similar quality.

Can anyone really say there is a like for like alternative for Sancho?

fck

Supports
Bayern
Did he confuse private and public?
yeah Dortmund couldn't have communicated it more clearly (maybe next time with fireworks?). The Problem is nobody in the UK seems to put any importance on these statements. I think this is a spectacular misjudgment.

El Zoido

We’ll still get this done, I still believe. Might be a last day of the window job, but we’ll pay up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
WTF happened? Whet for a piss and now we're 10 pages ahead.
Serious answer: Simon Stone published a BBC article stating that Dortmund won't budge on the price and us looking at alternatives (Bale and Perisic were name-dropped). This was all in response to recent quotes from Lucien Favre who stated that Sancho isn't going anywhere.

Interestingly, only Stone has published this. None of Ducker, Whitwell, Luckhurst, and other United journalists have reported on this. Even Romano hasn't ruled this out. This can either be an attempt to downplay the transfer or Stone forming an article out of Favre's recent quotes.

Sultan

So basically it comes to what Ole wants, short term gain or a build which is what we were promised.

There is no way we are getting LB, CB, Thiago and Bale. A top CB is £60, Thiago is £25m, LB is £25m which is £100m already.

There is a potential of us missing out on Sancho next summer.. then what we looking for another player that suits that RW again.

If we miss out on LB, Bale, Thiago, CB this summer, we will not be missing out on much, there will be options available in that area next summer of similar quality.

Can anyone really say there is a like for like alternative for Sancho?
Be assured there will always be players coming through. Sancho will not be the only, and last. There are occasions we need to skip a beat and see how it pans out. Take a step back. It's all speculation at this moment in time that Sancho is not coming or, even if he's not coming will have other suitors next summer.

romufc

Be assured there will always be players coming through. Sancho will not be the only, and last. There are occasions we need to skip a beat and see how it pans out. Take a step back. It's all speculation at this moment in time that Sancho is not coming or, even if he's not coming will have other suitors next summer.
Oh ofcourse, we have seen that before with Liverpool and Fekir, there will always be breakout players.

However; one that fits the profile of the type of player we need on the RW, the type of football Ole wants to play, Sancho comes very close to meeting all points.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Feck it forget Sancho and give the minutes to the Swedish Ronaldo, Anthony Elanga.

Judas

Open to offers
You'd have to be a special kind of negative to think Dortmund will turn down their asking price or very close to that. He's clearly on sale for the right price.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
You'd have to be a special kind of negative to think Dortmund will turn down their asking price or very close to that. He's clearly on sale for the right price.
To play Devil's Advocate, Dortmund won't have much time to purchase a replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund reject the offer even if it is what they want and wait for Sancho to request a transfer.

gajender

To play Devil's Advocate, Dortmund won't have much time to purchase a replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund reject the offer even if it is what they want and wait for Sancho to request a transfer.
And how would Sancho requesting a transfer which anyway is moot help Dortmund sign his replacement later in the Window ,my thinking is clear Dortmund won't stand in the way of transfer if their price is met irrespective of when the deal is made.

ManRed

They’ll sell for the right price. If we make a suitable offer they’ll sell him.
Unless the player is desperate to leave I don't see any reason for Dortmund to sell. They will have more buyers next season and the price will possibly be higher than today. Frankly if the deal does not happen we should move to a 442 diamond formation and look to get Thiago and Renuiglon this summer and Haaland next summer.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Unless the player is desperate to leave I don't see any reason for Dortmund to sell. They will have more buyers next season and the price will possibly be higher than today. Frankly if the deal does not happen we should move to a 442 diamond formation and look to get Thiago and Renuiglon this summer and Haaland next summer.
The team needs wingers, Sancho is essential, in no way is missing out on Sancho a good thing.

Devil81

What wing does that Leon Bailey play?

He was highly rated a few years ago, what's happening with him?

-Supreme-

Why are people assuming that the pandemic will vanish all of a sudden and clubs will suddenly find the money to buy players next year???

This season has just been kicked off and we don't even have a date on when crowds can return back yet....

romufc

Why are people assuming that the pandemic will vanish all of a sudden and clubs will suddenly find the money to buy players next year???

This season has just been kicked off and we don't even have a date on when crowds can return back yet....
Ligue 1 has started bringing crowds back..

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
And how would Sancho requesting a transfer which anyway is moot help Dortmund sign his replacement later in the Window ,my thinking is clear Dortmund won't stand in the way of transfer if their price is met irrespective of when the deal is made.
That in itself won't help much right now unless Sancho refuses to play for the club.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Ligue 1 has started bringing crowds back..
Prematurely, there won't be large gatherings of crowds until at least June next year if a vaccine is deemed to be safe.

Schools in general won't be on campus in responsible countries until at least early next year, there's no way a 75,000 seater stadium will be at full occupancy.

Unless they make people leave over a period of 3 hours versus all at once, and you have to get to the stadium 3 hours before kick off with screens between people I just don't see it.

Next year will be a write off for fans in stadiums, it'll be an experiment that fails.

You can maybe have 25,000 in Old Trafford with a 2 seat gap between people, AND have masks mandatory at all time with no drinks, food allowed but again it's highly unlikely.

Nobody wants to be that team that adds limited seating prematurely and causes a localised outbreak making an local community go into lockdown again.

For example lets say Everton reopen early, nobody wants the whole of Merseyside to go into lockdown because of football. There are bigger matters now than football.

Even with covid, there are false negatives to contend with, and for every 100 people there will be approximately 3 people who are positive, who test negative. Allowing those people into a stadium just isn't good. Even preventative measures like requiring a PCR test to enter the stadium 2 days in advance is fallable, you'll have a few people in that 25,000 people statistically with covid. People will take masks off in stadiums, and if you sing/chant it's more than 2 meters required between people.

romufc

At what capacity?

I'd question if stadiums would be filled up if we are given the go ahead, which we don't even have a date for yet.
Very small capacity to be honest, but watching it showed me the reason why crowds wont be brought back..

I watched PSG's first game and the opponent scored and they went to celebrate with the players... jumping on each other and the lot... tells me crowds shouldnt be brought back.

To your original point, teams may not have money, which means less demand for Sancho and Dortmund needing to sell. If they sell for a lower price then teams will be in for him.

They may be well equipped this summer but Dortmund's model is to sell their talent to balance books and they will not be able to spend money without selling.

Prematurely, there won't be large gatherings of crowds until at least June next year if a vaccine is deemed to be safe.

Schools in general won't be on campus in responsible countries until at least early next year, there's no way a 75,000 seater stadium will be at full occupancy.

Unless they make people leave over a period of 3 hours versus all at once, and you have to get to the stadium 3 hours before kick off with screens between people I just don't see it.

Next year will be a write off for fans in stadiums, it'll be an experiment that fails.

You can maybe have 25,000 in Old Trafford with a 2 seat gap between people, AND have masks mandatory at all time with no drinks, food allowed but again it's highly unlikely.

Nobody wants to be that team that adds limited seating prematurely and causes a localised outbreak making an local community go into lockdown again.

For example lets say Everton reopen early, nobody wants the whole of Merseyside to go into lockdown because of football. There are bigger matters now than football.

Agreed, there is no way to make 75k people safe in and around the stadium. It will get to a point where people are desperate to watch football so in whatever capacity they bring it back, there will be demand.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Has there been any developments on the Bale front or is that just your opinion? A permanent deal would be out of the question where Bale is concerned due to his history with injuries and whatnot, but a loan deal would be ideal as he could alternate with Greenwood throughout the season.

dinostar77

So would people rather we pay the €120mil fee dortmund want and sign the player. Or loan a RW, buy potentially a CB and a LB this window and take our chances next summer with Sancho when the other big clubs potentially have money to spend again? Id rather the latter option personally.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
So would people rather we pay the €120mil fee dortmund want and sign the player. Or loan a RW, buy potentially a CB and a LB this window and take our chances next summer with Sancho when the other big clubs potentially have money to spend again? Id rather the latter option personally.
Sancho now, and offload a player or two and get another signing too.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Thing is he’s going to cost more next season anyway.

-Supreme-

Very small capacity to be honest, but watching it showed me the reason why crowds wont be brought back..

I watched PSG's first game and the opponent scored and they went to celebrate with the players... jumping on each other and the lot... tells me crowds shouldnt be brought back.

To your original point, teams may not have money, which means less demand for Sancho and Dortmund needing to sell. If they sell for a lower price then teams will be in for him.
Sancho will be sold to the highest bidder if Dortmund decide to lower their demands next year, we have the financial strengths to outbid other clubs if the pandemic isn't resolved over the next 12 months.

To my original point, I don't see competitions for Sancho will be any different next year, in fact there will be more bargains to be found if this continues...

romufc

Sancho will be sold to the highest bidder if Dortmund decide to lower their demands next year, we have the financial strengths to outbid other clubs if the pandemic isn't resolved over the next 12 months.

To my original point, I don't see competitions for Sancho will be any different next year, in fact there will be more bargains to be found if this continues...
When was the last transfer that actually went into a bidding war?

That hardly happens.

In most cases the war is for wages and agent fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.