Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

yeah yeah "personal terms" are not an issue yeah yeah..
Pretty much every week he comes on with his mandatory tweet about "BVB will sell for 120m only, personal terms agreed". Like we already know mate. If you have new things to report say it, otherwise don't become a broken clock.

MattyB1986

they should too. Maybe it’ll teach Ed a lesson. I just wish he could be moved aside, if even only for peace of mind, strip the layers back. We definitely know now it’s not the manager. The players are what they are without further investment. They’ve been playing to the best of their capabilities. we seriously need to sort out Our recruitment process and future strategies before we even bother signing anyone else. Every manager is basically set up to fail here.
It was pretty much the reason Rooney was questioning the clubs ambitions when he had that flirt with leaving for somewhere else. Albeit it, the other managers signings wasn't the greatest they were never given the backing to kick on once we got into the champs league, seems to be a pattern reoccurring. Sancho obviously is the player we need RF, 20, it's a cheap signing over time as well with the potential time-scale of 10 years plus.

I'm not sure just missing a few players, and I thought seeing Liverpool win the league would ignite something, but doesn't seem to be the case thus far. Sigh.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
God knows how, but that's just twenty pages to go before the record set by the Pogba thread is broken. Absolutely bonkers.

It's like that Stephen King short story, The Jaunt. An eternity of nothingness until you eventually emerge out of the other side either dead, mad or ready to tear your own eyes out.

Rolaholic

Pretty much every week he comes on with his mandatory tweet about "BVB will sell for 120m only, personal terms agreed". Like we already know mate. If you have new things to report say it, otherwise don't become a broken clock.
Tbf, he does it mainly in response to all the United fans who ask him about Sancho every minute of the day and night :lol:

Even when he's reporting on other clubs and transfers entirely at least half the replies come from United fans egging him on for Sancho updates

el3mel

Tbf, he does it mainly in response to all the United fans who ask him about Sancho every minute of the day and night :lol:

Even when he's reporting on other clubs and transfers entirely at least half the replies come from United fans egging him on for Sancho updates
If I were him, I would just ignore the comments to be honest, especially comments about a question that I have answered previously several times.

Though I usually find United fans on twitter to be really annoying when it comes to transfers.

sosolid4u09

Anyone else think we'll be fighting for 5th if we dont make a big signing? We're really going into next year with martial and rashford as the only two proven attackers. Greenwoods very young and rashford to be honest is not consistent. Even if all 3 fire on all cylinders they're definitely not gonna stay fit for the entire season. Then its dan james time. We have the worst depth in attack by far.

Lebo

Who are the 2 players better than Sancho at Dortmund?
Well except for the fact that none of that is true.

- Liverpool decimated Barcelona on their way to win the CL the season in 2019.
- Spurs beat Dortmund in the knockout rounds in 2019 and reached the final beating a great Ajax team that beat Madrid and Juventus.
- Liverpool reached the CL final in 2018.

Name three players better than Sancho in the Dortmund team who play in his position. Otherwise your logic implies that we should buy Saul Niguez instead of Oblak to play in goal. Putting the point about buying a player for a particular position aside, can you even name three players, irrespective of position, who are better than Sancho at Dortmund?

What exactly is your point? He scored 17 goals last season, so of course he has the capability to score 20 goals in a United shirt.

Pogba was voted in the Serie A team of the year for three of those years. He also plays in a different position to those two players, so again, you are comparing players of different positions and complaining that we aren't signing them.

The last time United played Juventus, they won 2-1 in 2018.
The last time United played Dortmund competitively was in 1997.
Spurs beat Dortmund on their way to the CL final in 2019 and the group stage of 2018.
Arsenal beat Dortmund in one of the two fixtures each time in the group stages of the CL in 2014 and 2015.

Of the top ten highest football transfer fees, English clubs feature only once as the buying club and similarly Barcelona 3 times. Apart from those clubs, since 2016, Bayern Munich, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and PSG have all spent greater than €80m on a single transfer. The later four all spent $100m on a single transfer. Since those >$100m transfers, none of those four clubs won the CL. Juventus and Dortmund last won the CL in 1996 and 1997 respectively. United won two CL trophies since then.
here is a simple point. We are spending money on expensive transfers that don’t necessarily have to be that expensive. I’m all for spending 150 million on Mbappe. He is proven
Well except for the fact that none of that is true.

- Liverpool decimated Barcelona on their way to win the CL the season in 2019.
- Spurs beat Dortmund in the knockout rounds in 2019 and reached the final beating a great Ajax team that beat Madrid and Juventus.
- Liverpool reached the CL final in 2018.

Name three players better than Sancho in the Dortmund team who play in his position. Otherwise your logic implies that we should buy Saul Niguez instead of Oblak to play in goal. Putting the point about buying a player for a particular position aside, can you even name three players, irrespective of position, who are better than Sancho at Dortmund?

What exactly is your point? He scored 17 goals last season, so of course he has the capability to score 20 goals in a United shirt.

Pogba was voted in the Serie A team of the year for three of those years. He also plays in a different position to those two players, so again, you are comparing players of different positions and complaining that we aren't signing them.

The last time United played Juventus, they won 2-1 in 2018.
The last time United played Dortmund competitively was in 1997.
Spurs beat Dortmund on their way to the CL final in 2019 and the group stage of 2018.
Arsenal beat Dortmund in one of the two fixtures each time in the group stages of the CL in 2014 and 2015.

Of the top ten highest football transfer fees, English clubs feature only once as the buying club and similarly Barcelona 3 times. Apart from those clubs, since 2016, Bayern Munich, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and PSG have all spent greater than €80m on a single transfer. The later four all spent $100m on a single transfer. Since those >$100m transfers, none of those four clubs won the CL. Juventus and Dortmund last won the CL in 1996 and 1997 respectively. United won two CL trophies since then.
im gonna reply to you but I believe it covers everyone who responded to my comments.
The comment was not about the past meetings with the above mentioned teams. It was based on the fact that the above mentioned teams stand a better chance in Europe despite us spending more money.

Its a norm for premier league teams. ManCity outspent Athletico by a huge margin but there is a good chance of Athletico reaching higher stages in the champions
leagu them. This is not based on one season but over multiple seasons.

Juventus won the league and spent less than we do. They are always considered a threat in the champions league. We aren’t.
We lost to Sevilla twice in 5yrs in European competitions despite massively outspending them. Worst part is when you look at their games against Madrid and Barcelona, they perform better than we do against those teams. I looked at a guy like Ever Banega and wondered to myself, how much would this guy have costed 5yrs ago because he is a good player who would have added value to our midfield without costing us a lot. By the way the issue of Pogba vs Vidal & Pirlo is interesting. Do you think Pogba was better than the 2 when we signed him?

So far Ole signed AWB, Maguire, Fernandez, James and VDB.thats 5 players. Without any signings since his arrival, the team would look like this.
De Gea
TFM Smalling/Bailly Lindelöf Shaw

Matic. Fred Pogba

Greenwood Martial Rashford.

The transfers then should have put this team in contention for the title but we still need 5 more signings in addition to the 5 signings already made and that’s not a waste of money according to some

gajender

here is a simple point. We are spending money on expensive transfers that don’t necessarily have to be that expensive. I’m all for spending 150 million on Mbappe. He is proven

im gonna reply to you but I believe it covers everyone who responded to my comments.
The comment was not about the past meetings with the above mentioned teams. It was based on the fact that the above mentioned teams stand a better chance in Europe despite us spending more money.

Its a norm for premier league teams. ManCity outspent Athletico by a huge margin but there is a good chance of Athletico reaching higher stages in the champions
leagu them. This is not based on one season but over multiple seasons.

Juventus won the league and spent less than we do. They are always considered a threat in the champions league. We aren’t.
We lost to Sevilla twice in 5yrs in European competitions despite massively outspending them. Worst part is when you look at their games against Madrid and Barcelona, they perform better than we do against those teams. I looked at a guy like Ever Banega and wondered to myself, how much would this guy have costed 5yrs ago because he is a good player who would have added value to our midfield without costing us a lot. By the way the issue of Pogba vs Vidal & Pirlo is interesting. Do you think Pogba was better than the 2 when we signed him?

So far Ole signed AWB, Maguire, Fernandez, James and VDB.thats 5 players. Without any signings since his arrival, the team would look like this.
De Gea
TFM Smalling/Bailly Lindelöf Shaw

Matic. Fred Pogba

Greenwood Martial Rashford.

The transfers then should have put this team in contention for the title but we still need 5 more signings in addition to the 5 signings already made and that’s not a waste of money according to some
James was never signed to be a starter Van De Beek is yet to play for us , Fernandes was signed in winter .So it was just two signings for the first team last summer and another in winter .We don't need another 5 new signings to compete Just Sancho and another fullback and some luck with injuries we should be competitive in the league. Your point about overpaying is correct but needing another 5 players to challenge isn't.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I suspect that the proposed 2 week lockdown in October would mean no paying spectators in stadiums this winter and the worst case financial scenario for the club.

Which means either Dortmund can see we are not lying, empathise with our predicament and compromise on the deal, because it’s also financially astute for them too.

Or it’s off.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

This is a very bad take. Ole has spent money more effectively than his last three predecessors. He's only had one full season to spend. It takes time.

Ottawa MLS Fan

I'm not sure just missing a few players, and I thought seeing Liverpool win the league would ignite something, but doesn't seem to be the case thus far. Sigh.
I don’t think Liverpool winning the league even registers with the Glazers, and why would it? That’s just for the fans.

BaillyBaillyBailly

I'm stuck in two minds about this deal. In one sense I think Woodward is right to stick to his price and not bow to what Dortmund want (Dortmund are also just as right to only accept an offer they believe is acceptable. In another sense, is the month of lost potential training with the squad that Sancho could have had worth the 10-15 million Woodward is stalling over? Probably not. I also think united lose face massively if we don't sign him this summer and then another team gets him next summer. If what I have read is correct Sancho is a Chelsea fan, so if Liverpool were to sell Salah or Mane who is to say that Liverpool wouldn't come in for him next summer? If you were Sancho where would you rather go? For me it would clearly be Liverpool if I had no prior affiliation with United.

mav_9me

Anyone else think we'll be fighting for 5th if we dont make a big signing? We're really going into next year with martial and rashford as the only two proven attackers. Greenwoods very young and rashford to be honest is not consistent. Even if all 3 fire on all cylinders they're definitely not gonna stay fit for the entire season. Then its dan james time. We have the worst depth in attack by far.
I think we will be in similar situation to last year. In the race for top 4, but towards the end we will struggle and end 5th or so imo.

gajender

They're playing good football in the last few months and seem to have a fairly settled side. I'd say the only area of the pitch we're stronger than them is midfield.
We are better than them in every area of the pitch and currently it's not even close and no they haven't been playing good football in last few months they had some good performances in Fa cup but they did pretty well Under Wenger in FA cup as well. There is some Serious overrating of Arsenal going on this forum currently.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
We are better than them in every area of the pitch and currently it's not even close and no they haven't been playing good football in last few months they had some good performances in Fa cup but they did pretty well Under Wenger in FA cup as well. There is some Serious overrating of Arsenal going on this forum currently.
Agree. They've been shocking on several occasions when I've seen them.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Oh, and they're as close to a one man team as you'll see in the top 10.

MDFC Manager

Guys, didn't you see how arsenal thrashed Fulham? That's sufficient proof that they'll finish above us! :houllier:

EngimaMK

Not happening. Disappointed but don't blame the club either. Huge amount of cash for one player and who knows when gate receipts will return to normal levels.

feck it, move on.

The Red Thinker

Status
Not open for further replies.